• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP and ISTP Relationships

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So...still with ENFP after 4, maybe 5 years ..i suck at dates. Basically the biggest perpetual problem is she likes to throw everything and the kitchen sink in to try and experience and then gets overwhelemed and shit starts to hit the fan and she thinks if she just taps into whats been deemed "Te" everything would just work out, and ohhhh i should also throw this and that into the mix. Somehow this solution is just gonna work...like pushing the rock up the mountain...i will get it...i just gotta get better then i can do more...i know i can do more...lets throw this in too...

While i am very active i am a much deeper person when it comes to that stuff...so when above happens to much i just wanna prune shit away and drop it. Definetly not add weight to the boulder. Its a constant back and forth with no real middle ground as of yet. Basically we balance each other instead of trying to balance ourselves.

She has got better...still perpetual bolder scenario though.

Eyeless

MBTI Type
IsTP
So...still with ENFP after 4, maybe 5 years ..i suck at dates. Basically the biggest perpetual problem is she likes to throw everything and the kitchen sink in to try and experience and then gets overwhelemed and shit starts to hit the fan and she thinks if she just taps into whats been deemed "Te" everything would just work out, and ohhhh i should also throw this and that into the mix. Somehow this solution is just gonna work...like pushing the rock up the mountain...i will get it...i just gotta get better then i can do more...i know i can do more...lets throw this in too...

While i am very active i am a much deeper person when it comes to that stuff...so when above happens to much i just wanna prune shit away and drop it. Definetly not add weight to the boulder. Its a constant back and forth with no real middle ground as of yet. Basically we balance each other instead of trying to balance ourselves.

She has got better...still perpetual bolder scenario though.

Just made an account here because I'd like to hear what you have to say! So I met this one girl at a party like 2 months ago. She was grand. Easily one of the best persons I've ever talked to. She wanted to go to my place (for obvious reasons), but I had a problem with that. See, we're both only 18 so we live with our parents. My mom wasn't at home that day, but my younger sister was at home with some of her friends. Her parents were at home as well so nothing really happened, but I got her phone number and snapchat.

We texted a lot and we finally met a week after the party. We held hands, kissed and really had a great time. The next 3 weeks were great, we hung out pretty much every day and I thought I was doing great because she kept texting me things like "hey, you sleeping?, how are you, hi <3" or just sent me some random pictures of cute animals. I think she really was into me, but what did my dumb ass do? Well, I started pursuing her, a lot. She started losing interest, but I didn't really notice anything after it was too late. I was alone for a few days so I asked if she wants to come over, she said yes, but didn't come because she was "busy". Then I asked her again a few days later, she said no. A few days passed by and she blocked me... (probably because I kept texting her every day). I begged her to add me back, she did, but things were never the same.

I never pursue people, but I really liked this girl. We even talked about getting into a relationship a few times and she said she'd love to be in a relationship with me, but that she needs more time. When I look back at this whole situation I know I messed up. She was so into me that I tried to be someone else, I tried too hard to show her that I care... I'm definitely not the patient type! It's been a month now since we saw each other and we don't really talk anymore. I feel like it's all lost.

She really got me thinking lately. I'm still trying to figure out why I acted this way around her, but whatever. I'm back to being myself now and the next time I see her (don't know when that'll be) I'll just be the person I really am. I don't know if I still like her, I know she started talking with some other guy, but hell, I know I'm better than him. I don't know yet, but if I see her again and still feel something for her, what should I do and say? I'm obviously not gonna try to be that "caring" guy again because screw that, but is there like anything else I can do?

One more thing: I know she's an ENFP becase we talked about personality types a lot. We're both very different people, but I see that as a challenge, we had some problems, but that's just a part of life. I feel like she took it all too personally. I think that two very different people can have a great relationship. I pushed her away because I chased her, but I feel like she never wanted to work on those problems in the first place. I had to deal with her moods and her + my problems the whole time. It didn't bother me all that much, but yeah... You live and learn. I guess I'll have to go out more often and meet more people, but that's kinda hard when you live in the middle of some forest in Norway:D