User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 80 of 80

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I was told early by enfp that I suck at sugar coating things. To which I agreed, I can word thing good, but adding a nice sugar coating to shit I don't do. I will raise bad with good, not a dollop of smoke and mirrors that fall apart down the road because the smoke and mirrors were just a mirage
    I had to straighten one of my employees out who was in complete denial about her abilities and it was causing resentment with her that she wasn't being given more responsibility from me.

    I wasn't mean to her, although I am sure that she thought that because I had to level with her. That she couldn't perform the job reliably to the standards that it needed to be met for me to count on her. Simple as that. If she wanted more responsibility, I would be open to giving it to her and work with her on building it, but she would have to show improvement.

    ENFP sent me this after that day at work.

    "She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire."

    Saying that, I think sometimes I could choose better words for what I want to say but it just would take so much more energy. Reminds me of Carlin's stand up about soft language and how it attempts to conceal truth. Shell Shock is now 'Battle Fatigue" then "PTSD" etc.
    Likes Poki liked this post

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I had to straighten one of my employees out who was in complete denial about her abilities and it was causing resentment with her that she wasn't being given more responsibility from me.

    I wasn't mean to her, although I am sure that she thought that because I had to level with her. That she couldn't perform the job reliably to the standards that it needed to be met for me to count on her. Simple as that. If she wanted more responsibility, I would be open to giving it to her and work with her on building it, but she would have to show improvement.

    ENFP sent me this after that day at work.

    "She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire."

    Saying that, I think sometimes I could choose better words for what I want to say but it just would take so much more energy. Reminds me of Carlin's stand up about soft language and how it attempts to conceal truth. Shell Shock is now 'Battle Fatigue" then "PTSD" etc.
    Yeah, she said it can suck at times, especially in the moment, but its actually comforting.
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but due to my stubborn and independence i pretty much make a decision on the path i am gonna take. If she has something she needs to do or is involved or wants to be i wait to give her a chance to do whatever she needs and then i just do what i needed to do. I do take what she wants into account and may adjust what i do, but i dont stop from going forward. Will help if afterwards she decides to do it. I dont really complain, get upset, mad, etc. I just see it as i gave you a chance, not gonna wait forever though. Pretty much how i am with everything. When driving i put my signal on, give person next to me time to react, then get over and possibly cut them off. Again, no anger, no nothing from me.

    For example, i needed to remodel the kitchen. She wanted to prepare a bunch of meals ahead of time. I gave her several weeks doing other things and then said screw it and just tore apart the kitchen. I made sure it was as usable as possible and downtime was kept to a minimum. But i didnt wait anymore.

    She says she likes it because i push her without the anger or anything. Its a choice, do it or dont, your call.
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    MBTI
    _N_P
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I'm actually in a terrible spot in my marriage with my ISTP. We've been separated for a little over four months and have really only been in contact the last five weeks. He's told me to relax and continue the routine I've developed, and to save my money for the end of the school year. He also has said he doesn't know what to feel or expect.

    I cannot dwell on the good days or the what ifs too long, our or else I an completely overwhelmed.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    One source of our agruments is her reading books and me disagreeing with them. To her it makes sense...and i get the "makes sense" but it doesnt mean it applies to the situation at hand. I read people, she reads books.

    Common theme is she has the ideas from lots of different things that make sense and i whittle them down to the situation at hand that i read

    No serious arguments, just frustrated, stop and work through issue to fix. We both naturally bend to each other to try to meet in middle.
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #76
    was here that's not my name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ISIS
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Si
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    One source of our agruments is her reading books and me disagreeing with them. To her it makes sense...and i get the "makes sense" but it doesnt mean it applies to the situation at hand. I read people, she reads books.

    Common theme is she has the ideas from lots of different things that make sense and i whittle them down to the situation at hand that i read

    No serious arguments, just frustrated, stop and work through issue to fix. We both naturally bend to each other to try to meet in middle.
    Don't know if its just the enfps in my life but I don't even voice my disagreement with them anymore because they always seem to care a lot more than I do. Its interesting to hear what they think but its tiring at times.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by that's not my name View Post
    Don't know if its just the enfps in my life but I don't even voice my disagreement with them anymore because they always seem to care a lot more than I do. Its interesting to hear what they think but its tiring at times.
    It takes time for respect with them. They initially gravitate towards people who "think" like them. They get stuck in the same ruts over and over because of it. We argue alot, but we dont fight much at all. I frequently ask her what she is looking at because it doesnt match reality one bit, just some image she has created over time. She goes off of ideas that help me when i get stuck with what i know.

    The advantage is that due to Ti I have a much higher depth understanding and a desire to understand more.

    I would say the biggest struggle is breaking past her inferior Si, her disconected perception of the whole world due to its simpleness. They are smart people, but they have this knack of over simplifying and shooting themself in the foot. Its like quick snap judgements that you have to dig into before the light clicks. Sometimes it clicks fast, other times slower. We have opposite issue so we find a balance over time.

    Thats not an instant place though for these types, its something that builds. When apart we go about life completely different then when together due to completely different functions. But together the functions mesh and adapt to each other.

    She has said that i have completely opened her eyes to a new world.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes that's not my name liked this post

  8. #78

    Default

    I've been reading a lot on here and I agree with a lot of what is said. I am currently in a relationship with an ISTP and it's one of the best relationships I have personally ever been in.
    There is generally no fear of disloyalty and we both trust each other very much, the relationship is very relaxed and fulfilling to both parties and he is my absolute bestfriend. I think ENFP&ISTPS make great partners because we make up for one another's weaknesses.
    I never get bored of being around him and we talk a lot when generally I would tire of my boyfriends and he doesn't seem to get bored or annoyed with me either.
    Even though he isn't a feeler and he's not very good at emotions, he still knows that I am and he acknowledges my values and so on. He'll express his feelings in paragraphs and in the small things and he always remembers everything I tell him.
    I think people in these relationships might give up easily because there are a lot of little disagreements (mostly me feeling frustrated because it can seem like he's not interested in me at times) and a lot of people forget why they cared about the person in the first place. A lot of times it comes down to understanding one another's values, interests, and feelings. This comes down to the individuals, not the type. Sometimes it can be difficult because he's extremely logical and ENFP's tend to act on a whim, he gets easily confused which at times can frustrate me. However, there is not a single time where I looked back and thought, "I hated talking to him about this" or, "that was a really bad fight." Because it's all healthy arguments and we both are aware that we care about one another extremely. The types are oddly similar as you will read anywhere else. It's a chemistry that is very surprising considering the only thing we share is percieveing. Being a more introverted extrovert it's also fine for me to stay in and do the things he wants (which is usually just watching movies or playing videogames) and it's completely fine and totally fun.
    So, when it's good it's amazing. He brings me up and makes me feel so good about myself and he's always available when I need him. He's a gentleman and he's intellectual and extremely fun to talk to. Lots of deep conversations. But, you need to watch out for disagreements, when you begin to feel angry try to think about how he's probably feeling and thinking too. Despite their cold demeanor, ISTP's have a heck of a lot of feeling and emotion just like every other human being. Try to remember that. Include them and ask them about themselves instead of constantly talking about yourself (I'll be the first to admit ENFP's talk about themselves a lot.) try to understand their point of view and have fun. The ISTP is my ultimate favorite type, I always feel extremely comfortable around them and content and I'm sure you will too.

  9. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedENFP View Post
    I've been reading a lot on here and I agree with a lot of what is said. I am currently in a relationship with an ISTP and it's one of the best relationships I have personally ever been in.
    There is generally no fear of disloyalty and we both trust each other very much, the relationship is very relaxed and fulfilling to both parties and he is my absolute bestfriend. I think ENFP&ISTPS make great partners because we make up for one another's weaknesses.
    I never get bored of being around him and we talk a lot when generally I would tire of my boyfriends and he doesn't seem to get bored or annoyed with me either.
    Even though he isn't a feeler and he's not very good at emotions, he still knows that I am and he acknowledges my values and so on. He'll express his feelings in paragraphs and in the small things and he always remembers everything I tell him.
    I think people in these relationships might give up easily because there are a lot of little disagreements (mostly me feeling frustrated because it can seem like he's not interested in me at times) and a lot of people forget why they cared about the person in the first place. A lot of times it comes down to understanding one another's values, interests, and feelings. This comes down to the individuals, not the type. Sometimes it can be difficult because he's extremely logical and ENFP's tend to act on a whim, he gets easily confused which at times can frustrate me. However, there is not a single time where I looked back and thought, "I hated talking to him about this" or, "that was a really bad fight." Because it's all healthy arguments and we both are aware that we care about one another extremely. The types are oddly similar as you will read anywhere else. It's a chemistry that is very surprising considering the only thing we share is percieveing. Being a more introverted extrovert it's also fine for me to stay in and do the things he wants (which is usually just watching movies or playing videogames) and it's completely fine and totally fun.
    So, when it's good it's amazing. He brings me up and makes me feel so good about myself and he's always available when I need him. He's a gentleman and he's intellectual and extremely fun to talk to. Lots of deep conversations. But, you need to watch out for disagreements, when you begin to feel angry try to think about how he's probably feeling and thinking too. Despite their cold demeanor, ISTP's have a heck of a lot of feeling and emotion just like every other human being. Try to remember that. Include them and ask them about themselves instead of constantly talking about yourself (I'll be the first to admit ENFP's talk about themselves a lot.) try to understand their point of view and have fun. The ISTP is my ultimate favorite type, I always feel extremely comfortable around them and content and I'm sure you will too.
    Good advice at the end. It will serve great purpose as the relationship progresses to keep that advice front and center or risk losing the relationship.

  10. #80
    abcdenfp Abcdenfp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Dear ISTPs, Take if from me, never ever pursue an ENFP. They are the hunters when it comes to love and relationships. If they decide they like you, they'll come after you. Go after them, and you'll get your heart broken. There is an exception to the rule. That is pursuing one will work if you know how to play your cards really really well. Even then, don't keep your hopes up. Try, but never with your hopes up.
    we are definetly the agressor when we like people... its very clear.. thats why i am always baffled by the flirting comment , we communicate in a physical way but we hunt very directly...for me its either there or it isnt i know right away..and i am coming for. you .....
    Likes five sounds, Glados liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Thoughts on an ENFP and ENxP relationship?
    By liesl16 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 01:52 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP and ENTP relationship
    By DisneyFanGirl in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 05:29 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP and INFP relationship
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
  4. [INFP] INFP and ISTP relationship
    By cooliogirly1000 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 09:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO