• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ and INFP Relationships

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think about relationships between INFPs and INTJs? The focus of this is really on romantic relationships but it also makes sense to discuss your experience in situations where these two types interact in a significant way – such as friendship, at work, etc.

When it’s working – What are the joys and positive aspects of these relationships?
- How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
- Why are they attracted to each other?
- How to they compliment each other?
- How well do they understand each other and why?
- What are they like together raising children?

When it’s not working – What are the challenges when two people of this type are in a relationship?
- What are some of the communication challenges they can have?
- What are the biggest frustrations between these two types?
- How can they take each other for granted?
- What happens with things “go wrong” between these two types?

Advice for couples – What recommendations do you have?
- What things should each type do to facilitate better communication?
- What advice do you have for each of the two types?
- If you are an INFP, what advice do you have for the INTJs?
- If you are an INTJ, what advice would you have for the INFPs?

nonchalant

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think that INFPs can get along really well with INTJs as long as both aren't too shy. Someone has to initiate. Both INFPs and INTJs are shy and both types can take awhile to observe each other and not making a move.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the lack of traffic on this thread is an ironic indication of exactly what happens in INFP-INTJ relationships: each one is too reluctant in sending positive signals and too tentative in interpreting the other's positive signals.

Results (as in this thread): crickets

nonchalant

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think that both types are too reluctant to reveal themselves or put themselves out there.

And both types don't like small talks.

Alea_iacta_est

Beneficiary-Benefactor relations, asymmetric. ILI <- EII.

EII lacks ILI's suggestive element, and thus source of stimulation. In fact, the EII has the ILI's suggestive element as their vulnerable element, meaning that not only does the EII lack :Se:, but also it attempts to actively avoid it. Thus, ILI can find EII under-stimulating and devoid of what they are looking for.

EII, contrarily, is drawn to the ILI's use of :Te:, as :Te: is the EII's own suggestive element. The EII might go out of their way to associate with the ILI for their :Te:. In return, the EII seeks to help the ILI's use of its mobilizing element, :Fi:, since this is the EII's area of competency and lead element. Surprisingly, however, the ILI will often become annoyed with the EII's approach to stimulating the ILI's :Fi:, as the EII is built for being overly helpful and pampering to :Fi: suggestives such as their dual, the LSE. As the Mobilizing Element is often inflated, i.e. believed by the ILI to be an element the ILI is more competent with than it actually is, the ILI needs to feel some independence with :Fi:, and doesn't want help constantly nor in the same overly-caring way as would be liked by :Fi: Suggestives (EII feels exactly the same way about :Si:). Thus, the ILI can become annoyed with the EII's idea of helping its :Fi:, which the ILI would much rather prefer in the domain of :Se:, something the EII definitely cannot provide.

On the plus side, however, they both operate in the Intuitive sphere and can find common interests, albeit that one is in the Intuitive-Logical sphere and the other is in the Intuitive-Ethical sphere.

EII plays the ILI's role when engaging with a SEI in beneficiary-benefactor relations.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think it's just a matter of getting it off the ground. I briefly dated an INTJ years ago, and like three weeks would pass without contact and neither of us seemed to notice. That doesn't bode well for developing a connection. I imagine this pairing happens when the two are thrown in company and can develop rapport and then transition into dating more "naturally".

My experiences with INxx types is that INTJs and INFPs are the worst at initiating and establishing consistent contact right away, but INTPs and INFJs are surprisingly not bad at it, provided they deem you a good bet. So when you have both an INTJ and INFP, then neither naturally takes up the role of initiating.

All that said, I knew an INTJ man + INFP woman couple who were really well-matched and quite enviable to all onlookers (and this despite her being decades older than him). He pursued her, but I think it was after knowing her for sometime already. I think the challenges were some stereotypical J/P conflicts and the fact that she was more of a homebody, and neither was inclined to engage much with any social sphere, although he had a greater desire to, leaving her feeling left out. But that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of compatibility.

I can see the Socionics theory of lack of Se in an INFP leaving an INTJ frustrated, but I don't think all INFPs are the kind of homebodies this particular INFP woman was. I also don't think looking to a partner to bolster your weak points is that healthy....that's something to work on yourself, IMO.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also don't think looking to a partner to bolster your weak points is that healthy....that's something to work on yourself, IMO.
It's very easy to say that when you haven't been there and actually experienced how much it helps you to develop. Can you do it on your own? Probably. Will the results be good? No. I don't understand this bullshit of do it yourself. If you are really bad at something and receive zero input on how to improve and you are so bad you don't know how to improve you won't improve outside the scope of already occurring self development. This is why you see undualized people so much. The difference is stark between those that are dualized and those that aren't. We end up with duals because we unconsciously recognize that they satisfy us and make us feel good. That's how it works.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
EII, contrarily, is drawn to the ILI's use of :Te:, as :Te: is the EII's own suggestive element. The EII might go out of their way to associate with the ILI for their :Te:.

Yes, I agree with that.

In return, the EII seeks to help the ILI's use of its mobilizing element, :Fi:, since this is the EII's area of competency and lead element. Surprisingly, however, the ILI will often become annoyed with the EII's approach to stimulating the ILI's :Fi:, as the EII is built for being overly helpful and pampering to :Fi: suggestives such as their dual, the LSE.

I agree with this too.

As the Mobilizing Element is often inflated, i.e. believed by the ILI to be an element the ILI is more competent with than it actually is, the ILI needs to feel some independence with :Fi:, and doesn't want help constantly nor in the same overly-caring way as would be liked by :Fi: Suggestives (EII feels exactly the same way about :Si:). Thus, the ILI can become annoyed with the EII's idea of helping its :Fi:, which the ILI would much rather prefer in the domain of :Se:, something the EII definitely cannot provide.

But here's a question: I know I suck at Si and have no over-inflated sense of competency, so why does an INTJ think they're competent with Fi? I experience this with ISTJ and INTJ both.

I have a lot to offer them but the only way I can do so is in what I feel is a more chastising or parental way, a directive way, and that's not my preference. Like a child, they take umbrage when flaws in reasoning are pointed out, or when exemplifying inconsistency of virtue. So how does one improve that dynamic?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I also don't think looking to a partner to bolster your weak points is that healthy....that's something to work on yourself, IMO.

I agree 99%. Its good to develop your weak points in yourself instead of looking for someone who would compensate your weaknesses. However after you have for example developed your Te instead of looking for INTJ who would use his Te for you. Then you can look for INTJ who ofc naturally prefers Te > Fi, that is if thats something that still attracts you. But the sole reason for looking for opposite shouldnt be to compensate your own weakness, but that doesent mean that you shouldnt still be attracted to it for other reasons.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree 99%. Its good to develop your weak points in yourself instead of looking for someone who would compensate your weaknesses. However after you have for example developed your Te instead of looking for INTJ who would use his Te for you. Then you can look for INTJ who ofc naturally prefers Te > Fi, that is if thats something that still attracts you. But the sole reason for looking for opposite shouldnt be to compensate your own weakness, but that doesent mean that you shouldnt still be attracted to it for other reasons.

lol, so by this token it's also bad to have a teacher or a mentor who will help you oversee your development of a skill when learning something new? We know that tutoring > self-practice and the steeper the learning curve, the faster we learn. The point of the dual isn't to cover up for one's own weaknesses without one ever doing something about it on one's own, but the point of the dual is that they provide a safe environment where they encourage you to use your weaker functions in a way that feels comfortable for you, by themselves setting an example of how one uses them in a sophisticated manner. Just like a teacher or a mentor does, in other words.

I feel like none of you actually understand or get duality in this regard. Duals actually correct you, they show you when you do wrong or bad and then they provide how you do it better. They aren't carrying you around like babies. It's the very other way around. When you engage with your dual they will dominate you where you are weak and you will force to submit to them and take in what they have to say. Over time, you will begin to develop the same sophisticated awareness they do though of course, never the same as your dual.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol, so by this token it's also bad to have a teacher or a mentor who will help you oversee your development of a skill when learning something new? We know that tutoring > self-practice and the steeper the learning curve, the faster we learn. The point of the dual isn't to cover up for one's own weaknesses without one ever doing something about it on one's own, but the point of the dual is that they provide a safe environment where they encourage you to use your weaker functions in a way that feels comfortable for you, by themselves setting an example of how one uses them in a sophisticated manner. Just like a teacher or a mentor does, in other words.

I feel like none of you actually understand or get duality in this regard. Duals actually correct you, they show you when you do wrong or bad and then they provide how you do it better. They aren't carrying you around like babies. It's the very other way around. When you engage with your dual they will dominate you where you are weak and you will force to submit to them and take in what they have to say. Over time, you will begin to develop the same sophisticated awareness they do though of course, never the same as your dual.

Basically what you say that its ok to learn your weak points from others and to practise them in an comfortable situation. Right? I think you can learn and develop from that, but in my opinion its better to learn these things on your own, because then you learn to trust in yourself more. Also i think that in order to even develop your weaker points(lets say inferior and/or undeveloped tert for example) on your own, you need to face your Self differently, than when you just copy/paste. I have also heard of something like that can backfire later in life, for example in middle age or after divorce from long marriage.

Basically the idea in jungian psychology about mid life is that its part of individuation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlife_crisis#Theoretical_basis said:
Jungian theory holds that mid-life is key to individuation, a process of self-actualization and self-awareness that contains many potential paradoxes.[22] Although Carl Jung did not describe midlife crisis per se, the mid-life integration of thinking, sensation, feeling, and intuition that he describes could, it seems, lead to confusion about one's life and goals.

I prefer to not rely so much on other peoples guidance in this sort of matters, because i think it leads to deeper understanding of Self(because its self-actualized) and forcing you to step out from your comfort zone differently. But ofc this like no thing is black and white and im not saying that its not good to learn from relationships, but relying too much in others in your self-realization isnt good, but relationships(romantic or platonic, or just random everyday people interactions) are the whole reason for why people need to figure their selves out and learn these different behaviors and thinking patterns that wouldnt be even all needed if you were alone in the world. Especially if you are in romantic relationship, its even more important to adjust to your partner, especially if the differences in personality are huge.

If you and your partner had already balanced in your T-F, dont you think that your understanding of each others would be more deeper from the beginning creating better basis for the relationship and better ability to empathize with the other without easily projecting a lot to each others?

nonchalant

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
TLTR

I just think that INTJs are mysterious. I can figure the ENTJs out because they're very expressive and verbal but I just can't seem to figure out the INTJs, especially if they're enneagram 5. This type intrigues me. I like to uncover the mysteries, liking opening a present and see what's inside. That type of excitement and the INTJs are just like that, a mystery to me.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Basically what you say that its ok to learn your weak points from others and to practise them in an comfortable situation. Right? I think you can learn and develop from that, but in my opinion its better to learn these things on your own, because then you learn to trust in yourself more.

Why must learning from others imply lack of trust in oneself?

Also i think that in order to even develop your weaker points(lets say inferior and/or undeveloped tert for example) on your own, you need to face your Self differently, than when you just copy/paste.

You still need to face yourself when being guided by a mentor. They cannot do the job for you. You only learn from practice but that requires personal action.

I have also heard of something like that can backfire later in life, for example in middle age or after divorce from long marriage.

This sounds like really odd conjecture since there are numerous reasons why people can choose to divorce.

Basically the idea in jungian psychology about mid life is that its part of individuation:

I prefer to not rely so much on other peoples guidance in this sort of matters, because i think it leads to deeper understanding of Self(because its self-actualized) and forcing you to step out from your comfort zone differently.

I don't get this needless distrust in others and the world around you, and I say that as someone who is overly distrustful as an innate disposition that I have. Again, no one can walk the path for you and no one can carry you to the end of the journey and expect you to appreciate the travel there. Life doesn't work that way. You seem to essentially fear that you think that people use mentors as a quick fix in order self-actualize but that's the thing - there is no quick fix to self-actualization and that is regardless of whether one does it alone or with a mentor. A mentor can speed up the process by showing you the proper signs and which direction to go when reaching a cross-path, but that's about all they can actually do.

But ofc this like no thing is black and white and im not saying that its not good to learn from relationships, but relying too much in others in your self-realization isnt good, but relationships(romantic or platonic, or just random everyday people interactions) are the whole reason for why people need to figure their selves out and learn these different behaviors and thinking patterns that wouldnt be even all needed if you were alone in the world. Especially if you are in romantic relationship, its even more important to adjust to your partner, especially if the differences in personality are huge.

Again, I get the impression you say this because you actually have not had the opportunity to experience duality first-hand so you thus dismiss it because you do not understand how much of a psychological impact duality in fact, has on you. The dual shows you all the facets and nuggets of reality that you miss by constantly forcing you to engage it the way they do it; over time that will obviously develop in an increase in skill.

If you and your partner had already balanced in your T-F, dont you think that your understanding of each others would be more deeper from the beginning creating better basis for the relationship and better ability to empathize with the other without easily projecting a lot to each others?

What? I don't even understand this paragraph.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why must learning from others imply lack of trust in oneself?

You still need to face yourself when being guided by a mentor. They cannot do the job for you. You only learn from practice but that requires personal action.

This sounds like really odd conjecture since there are numerous reasons why people can choose to divorce.

I don't get this needless distrust in others and the world around you, and I say that as someone who is overly distrustful as an innate disposition that I have. Again, no one can walk the path for you and no one can carry you to the end of the journey and expect you to appreciate the travel there. Life doesn't work that way. You seem to essentially fear that you think that people use mentors as a quick fix in order self-actualize but that's the thing - there is no quick fix to self-actualization and that is regardless of whether one does it alone or with a mentor. A mentor can speed up the process by showing you the proper signs and which direction to go when reaching a cross-path, but that's about all they can actually do.

Again, I get the impression you say this because you actually have not had the opportunity to experience duality first-hand so you thus dismiss it because you do not understand how much of a psychological impact duality in fact, has on you. The dual shows you all the facets and nuggets of reality that you miss by constantly forcing you to engage it the way they do it; over time that will obviously develop in an increase in skill.

What? I don't even understand this paragraph.

You are misunderstanding quite a lot and not getting my point. Ill try to make it clear and easy: If you dont go where the fence is lowest and without the help from others, you need to learn how to climb properly on your own, when you do learn ho to climb properly, you can get over other fences in the future easily as well. Also when you learn to climb without safety nets, you need more courage, and this courage develops your attitude differently, more profound ways imo

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are misunderstanding quite a lot and not getting my point. Ill try to make it clear and easy: If you dont go where the fence is lowest and without the help from others, you need to learn how to climb properly on your own, when you do learn ho to climb properly, you can get over other fences in the future easily as well. Also when you learn to climb without safety nets, you need more courage, and this courage develops your attitude differently, more profound ways imo

Again you assume that someone who is gaining help from the guide of a mentor is somehow less secure or trust themselves less than someone who doesn't. One can equally argue that's is as bold to trust someone else to aid them, to admit that they are wrong and allow themselves to be guided by another. You can learn how to climb but you can also end up using wrong method. It got you over the fence, but the wrong method is going to drag you down later in life. That's another positive aspect of a mentor since they can also not just point out how to do it, but they can correct a faulty technique.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Again you assume that someone who is gaining help from the guide of a mentor is somehow less secure or trust themselves less than someone who doesn't. One can equally argue that's is as bold to trust someone else to aid them, to admit that they are wrong and allow themselves to be guided by another. You can learn how to climb but you can also end up using wrong method. It got you over the fence, but the wrong method is going to drag you down later in life. That's another positive aspect of a mentor since they can also not just point out how to do it, but they can correct a faulty technique.

Its not a very far away assumption.. I mean doing it yourself requires more courage, doesent it? Thus it is required for you to gain more trust in yourself. Gaining more trust in yourself, even when the situation isnt comfortable gives you more. Admitting and seeing your own weaknesses requires you to be more honest with yourself and to put your ego aside more. Learning to go over one fence surely helps you to go over than fence, if you get too much guidance form others to cross that particular fence, you learn to climb that fence, but learning the art of going over fences(not just that one fence) helps you to go over other fences as well, especially since you gain more courage and trust in Self from learning.

And yes, you could argue that trusting someone elses aid requires courage, but its not as much. Its taking the easy route, or goign where the fence is the easiest to cross, giving you less skills to go over fences in general.

Also when you learn F from one person, that helps more with that particular person, you learn to adjust to them. Its more about adjusting your behavior(from which you can ofc learn some, but not as profoundly) than actually changing your attitude, which is the important thing.

Your way of thinking this whole thing seems really Te goal oriented way of approaching the situation, you have a goal of adjusting to a person who is more F than you are and i wont deny that you couldnt get there, its just that it might take a lot of fights, misunderstanding and a long rocky road(which ofc might get you two to become closer), and as i mentioned especially in the beginning there will be more projection, because you dont really understand where the other person is coming from, so you are forced to assume more.

My point is that its good to develop yourself more and self-development should come from yourself, not from others, or you wont be doing such a good job.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its not a very far away assumption.. I mean doing it yourself requires more courage, doesent it? Thus it is required for you to gain more trust in yourself. Gaining more trust in yourself, even when the situation isnt comfortable gives you more. Admitting and seeing your own weaknesses requires you to be more honest with yourself and to put your ego aside more. Learning to go over one fence surely helps you to go over than fence, if you get too much guidance form others to cross that particular fence, you learn to climb that fence, but learning the art of going over fences(not just that one fence) helps you to go over other fences as well, especially since you gain more courage and trust in Self from learning.

And yes, you could argue that trusting someone elses aid requires courage, but its not as much. Its taking the easy route, or goign where the fence is the easiest to cross, giving you less skills to go over fences in general.

Also when you learn F from one person, that helps more with that particular person, you learn to adjust to them. Its more about adjusting your behavior(from which you can ofc learn some, but not as profoundly) than actually changing your attitude, which is the important thing.

Your way of thinking this whole thing seems really Te goal oriented way of approaching the situation, you have a goal of adjusting to a person who is more F than you are and i wont deny that you couldnt get there, its just that it might take a lot of fights, misunderstanding and a long rocky road(which ofc might get you two to become closer), and as i mentioned especially in the beginning there will be more projection, because you dont really understand where the other person is coming from, so you are forced to assume more.

My point is that its good to develop yourself more and self-development should come from yourself, not from others, or you wont be doing such a good job.

Yeah, this is going in circles. You just seem to be of the fundamental belief, likely more a reflection of your own disposition, that it is always more courageous to do it yourself. Seems to me that you reason such because you yourself do not inherently trust yourself so from this vantage point it makes the most sense to dare to find the courage within oneself to act alone. Again, this is not true for every person. Some people who may be overly self-reliant will also have to find the courage to trust in and relying on others. That may take an equal amount of courage as it does from your vantage point to do something on your own. I really have a hard time understanding how you cannot understand this, that your methodology is not the only one or the best one and that people's sense of self-trust is going to vary across individuals. Just because you do not seemingly trust yourself, it doesn't mean others do not.

Fyi, this has little to do with T vs F or anything of the sort, but this is more a reflection of say, enneagram motivations. You seem like a 5 or something so no shit then, that from your vantage point the greatest courage is to act on your own. For me as an 8, the greatest courage is to be open and let others inside and to trust others in that way. I don't have a problem acting on my own and doing it my way. That's my natural disposition. But to work with others, being lenient, adopting and molding, that's something I struggle a great deal with so for me, working with someone else takes way more courage than it does to trust myself to develop my own skills.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, this is going in circles. You just seem to be of the fundamental belief, likely more a reflection of your own disposition, that it is always more courageous to do it yourself. Seems to me that you reason such because you yourself do not inherently trust yourself so from this vantage point it makes the most sense to dare to find the courage within oneself to act alone. Again, this is not true for every person. Some people who may be overly self-reliant will also have to find the courage to trust in and relying on others. That may take an equal amount of courage as it does from your vantage point to do something on your own. I really have a hard time understanding how you cannot understand this, that your methodology is not the only one or the best one and that people's sense of self-trust is going to vary across individuals. Just because you do not seemingly trust yourself, it doesn't mean others do not.

Fyi, this has little to do with T vs F or anything of the sort, but this is more a reflection of say, enneagram motivations. You seem like a 5 or something so no shit then, that from your vantage point the greatest courage is to act on your own. For me as an 8, the greatest courage is to be open and let others inside and to trust others in that way. I don't have a problem acting on my own and doing it my way. That's my natural disposition. But to work with others, being lenient, adopting and molding, that's something I struggle a great deal with so for me, working with someone else takes way more courage than it does to trust myself to develop my own skills.

Lol you are the one who first talked it being easier to rely on other peoples help, now you are saying that it takes more courage to let people close and to do things in the way you suggested.. I dont know how this makes sense in your head, but it doesent.

But anyways, i take this 8 thing you talked about, being afraid to be open to others and let others close to you(i dont believe that its some 8 thing and that 5's are opposite, but ill play along). This is obviously a weakness that one should overcome in order to become more balanced person. Now if you enter a relationship, so that you could fix this in yourself regardless of all the crap that the other person gets, it would be selfish and immoral in my opinion, not immoral ofc if you do it following your unconscious need for compensation, that would just be immature. However if you would do it yourself on your own instead of using other people for your own gain, you would enter the relationship from completely different grounds.

Im not sure if you realized that i said many times that you can learn your way also, but i just said that the learning isnt as profound, also i gave you plenty of reasons why its not as profound and if you are not capable of understanding reason(while also making those weird rationalizations that make no sense that i mentioned on the first paragraph), there is no point of discussing this. I feel all the time that you cant follow and starting to feel like im trying to teach a dog to drive a car..

Anyways i hope you do succeed on the path you choose take and that you dont cause too much unnecessary headache to others along your way.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get along really well with INFPs, and they usually seem to enjoy my company as well. Both types being introverts, we understand each other's occasional need for solitude, and don't get offended by it or take it personally. I also find that we can talk to each other about pretty much anything. I could see a romantic relationship working, as long as the INTJ respects the emotional needs of the INFP, and the INFP recognizes that emotions are not the INTJ's strong suit.

I could see possible problems arising from the stubbornness of the INTJ going up against the tendency of some INFPs to be indecisive. I've noticed that some INFPs (and Perceivers in general) tend to avoid conflict, which can be frustrating to Judging types. But then again, some Judgers love to be the ones to make all the decisions. It probably would depend on the couple.

I imagine both parties would have to be pretty persistent and dedicated, but it could work.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol you are the one who first talked it being easier to rely on other peoples help, now you are saying that it takes more courage to let people close and to do things in the way you suggested.. I dont know how this makes sense in your head, but it doesent.

Yeah, it is easier in the sense that they can a) rectify things right away when you do an error and b) present a much steeper learning curve for you to adapt to which will encourage more growth than an easier one. Don't twist the argument I'm making. It does not mean it is easier in the sense that one must somehow do less or that it requires less effort or any of the sort.

But anyways, i take this 8 thing you talked about, being afraid to be open to others and let others close to you(i dont believe that its some 8 thing and that 5's are opposite, but ill play along).

5s are opposite though... 5s fear to act and taking action. 8s don't.

This is obviously a weakness that one should overcome in order to become more balanced person. Now if you enter a relationship, so that you could fix this in yourself regardless of all the crap that the other person gets, it would be selfish and immoral in my opinion, not immoral ofc if you do it following your unconscious need for compensation, that would just be immature. However if you would do it yourself on your own instead of using other people for your own gain, you would enter the relationship from completely different grounds.

You don't get it, do you? This isn't about using people for your own gain or anything like that. The point all along is that duality is a way to engage and encourage psychological growth. You are drawn and end up with your dual and find the relationship psychologically fulfilling not to use them as a means to grow for your own selfish purposes, but because they satisfy you in a way other ITR do not. That's how simple it is. Stop twist the argument to suit your perspective.

Im not sure if you realized that i said many times that you can learn your way also, but i just said that the learning isnt as profound,

And my entire point all along is that I do not agree with that perspective. Learning is learning.

also i gave you plenty of reasons why its not as profound

And I disagreed with all those reasons as I think they more if anything reveal your personal bias and disposition.

and if you are not capable of understanding reason(while also making those weird rationalizations that make no sense that i mentioned on the first paragraph), there is no point of discussing this. I feel all the time that you cant follow and starting to feel like im trying to teach a dog to drive a car..

LOOOOL. Nice projection bro. Very nice.

Anyways i hope you do succeed on the path you choose take and that you dont cause too much unnecessary headache to others along your way.

It would be much easier if you didn't try to twist everything to fit your perspective, that's for sure.