• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my partner INFJ or INTJ?

I've been dating somebody for a few years now. Before I begin, I'd like to start with the basics about him:

-When he takes the tests, he usually types as INTJ or INFJ.
-When I ask him about Te/Fe and Fi/Ti related questions, he always says he prefers both.

So, it's hard to type him!

The reason I placed this in the relationships forum is because it's also about how he treats our relationship, which is like this. Would a relationship with an INTJ or an INFJ be like this?

-He's self-sacrificing for the one he loves
-Very affectionate towards me
-Took some time to warm up to me, it wasn't something that happened overnight
-Always knows how to cheer me up
-Takes concrete actions to cheer me up when words aren't enough
-We share the same interests, but even when our interests aren't similar, he always listens to me ramble on about it without being impatient
-Willing to take responsibility within the relationship
-Is never pushy, lets me do my own things
-We never argue, it's a peaceful relationship

Do you think a relationship like this would be with an INTJ or an INFJ? I'm INFP.

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been dating somebody for a few years now. Before I begin, I'd like to start with the basics about him:

-When he takes the tests, he usually types as INTJ or INFJ.
-When I ask him about Te/Fe and Fi/Ti related questions, he always says he prefers both.

So, it's hard to type him!

The reason I placed this in the relationships forum is because it's also about how he treats our relationship, which is like this. Would a relationship with an INTJ or an INFJ be like this?

-He's self-sacrificing for the one he loves
-Very affectionate towards me
-Took some time to warm up to me, it wasn't something that happened overnight
-Always knows how to cheer me up
-Takes concrete actions to cheer me up when words aren't enough
-We share the same interests, but even when our interests aren't similar, he always listens to me ramble on about it without being impatient
-Willing to take responsibility within the relationship
-Is never pushy, lets me do my own things
-We never argue, it's a peaceful relationship

Do you think a relationship like this would be with an INTJ or an INFJ? I'm INFP.
Intj here and my dad is an INFJ. I would say the biggest difference between us is that people really confuse me. I perseverate a lot about conversations, and really do have trouble understanding how to influence people. On the other hand I have a penchant for abstract thought and I'm not that grounded at times.

My dad, relative to me, is much better with people. Not like an extrovert, but just one on one he has deep and keen insights on to what to say and when to say it. His interpersonal communication, one on one, is much better than mine. On the other hand he gets aggravated by me when I externalize some of m intuitions. He doesn't like brainstorming as much. He has keen intuitions too, but there is something about the extroverted thinking that annoys him and something about the extroverted feeling function from him that annoys me.

To me it sounds like you are with an INFJ.

With my partner, I tend to externalize my thoughts a lot and she interprets it as debating her when in reality I am thinking out loud. I don't do this with everyone...or in a group situation...so I am not an extroverted thinking dom...but one on one, or in a partnership situation, I will mind meld. Those who do not have extroverted thinking will interpret this as making statements of fact and if I thinking they disagree with, they will think that is my position and will see it as "Argumentation."

So if you are an INFP then you are probably with an infj...or just a very well developed intj.