• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Infp male trying to date his infj osteopath (lol)

Lawrence

MBTI Type
infp
Hi everyone!
I hope my English will be good enough, but I’d really like to post this scenery to people from a different country.
It’s a quite funny episode indeed, and in my 3-decades life I’ve never come up to this kind of things. I’ve looked around for a visit, and without taking much care of “him” or “her” I just decided to go to her. Been there, I find a really warming girl, gentle eyes, quite social embarassing for some things, yet very qualified, though very young. In the first sitting we didn’t talk that much, and we even treated each other quite formally (altough not so seriously); but in the second one we opened much more: for this I surely got infatuated and, very probably, misunderstood her FE.
I can understand she “has to be” warm, nice, cute, whatever you want to look a positive figure, but there are also some elements I truly hard to understand. I struggle on this, because I know I’m quite smart, but in these social relationships I usually don’t know other people’s intentions. Especially girls. Especially FE ones.
First of all – I’ve noticed this later – we did not small talked. Nay, SHE talked, a lot (lol), and only about personal stuff. Not very private, but… yeah, quite. Her future, her studies, how etc her job, even some dreams, her social relationship, even she “had” a relationship etc etc. Nothing about her favorite tv series or food, ad the worst and loathed small talk wants. On the other hand, she almost didn’t ask me anything. This generally means she’s not interested.
The next week I’ll have my 3rd and last sitting. Yes, third. Very few. I know I can’t pretend claim and require her attention. I’m an idealist as always, really, totally infp. I’m even composing a piano piece (19th century style) which I don’t know if to give her if she’ll refuse me. Anyways the next time will be my bet: make it, or brake it. But if it breaks, it will do it bad. I’ve never been lucky with girls. Just once I succeeded, and, rather funny again, she was infj too. For this I’m quite sure this girls is infj too.
For sure she’s an introvert, for sure F. I don’t see much NE, and her behaviour is different from mine, but very similar to my certified ex girlfriend. She has beautiful hay-colored eyes and very expressive which means, to me, N, not S. Like a Cate Blanchett, in fact… I remember the first time I asked my ancient love to look each others' eyes. We sitted quietly, and for I don't know how many minutes, from her initial embarrassment, she started being more and more serious, like digging down my soul. I still remember it as my first and most beautiful eye contacted of my whole life. I don't know what I can give to have it again...
I have her number for obvious things, but I decided from the very beginning to talk her personally at the end of my last sitting. I don’t want any embarassing moment, or let her to work on me with this thought. For sure I’ll tell her with sympathy even this. Maybe her N already understood I’m interested, who knows. I not convinced to write her.
I just want to know her, because it’s not the best way to do it in her studio and being her patient. But I’m also very sad thinking I’ll loose her. It’s very difficult for me to find suitable girls, and she damn matches what I’m looking for.
I don’t want to write a lot, so I’m going to end. Ask in the comments if you need.
Without thinking “infj” or whatever, I’ll really hardly positive. It’s a very insidious land this one. My only hope is to understand her, and trying to find a connection we wants, both for sure. I’d want to talk her about mbti, and she even told me she’s interested in psychology (obviously!).
Maybe I’ll also accept a friendship, I don’t know. I just don’t want to loose her too.
[starting be melancholic] :cry:

Thanks! :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awww. I think maybe just tell her that you really enjoyed talking to her and that you'd like to get to know her better. Then ask her to coffee or a walk in a park or something.

Best of luck to you, fellow INFP. :hug:

Lawrence

MBTI Type
infp
Awww. I think maybe just tell her that you really enjoyed talking to her and that you'd like to get to know her better. Then ask her to coffee or a walk in a park or something.

Thanks for your wishes :blush:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

^This.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroverts just makes it so much easier.

Lawrence

MBTI Type
infp
Extroverts just makes it so much easier.

Quite difficult to avoid envying their ease.
And for us is even more difficult with introverted girls, you know why. Maybe I just need to find an extrovert one who is interested... she'll do everything for me haha
my actual goal is quite hard.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quite difficult to avoid envying their ease.
And for us is even more difficult with introverted girls, you know why. Maybe I just need to find an extrovert one who is interested... she'll do everything for me haha
my actual goal is quite hard.

Why not.

Caribelle

Not asking much about you (and talking a lot about herself) doesn't sound very Fe to me, more like Fi.
Expressiveness may suggest extroversion, than N.