• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Forehead Kiss

INTerran

I thought I was kinda immune to the really serious lovey dovey, swoon-inducing things that most typical females go crazy for.....and then Mr. INTJ kisses me on my forehead after a nice, steamy make out session last night. I nearly melted into a puddle right then and there. Guess under all the INTP I am still just a girl. 😂🥰 A forehead kiss...who would have thought?!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see how that is swoon-worthy. It conveys a sincerity of feeling after an erotic exchange. That combination is the most intensely beautiful imo.

StrawberryBoots

I mean...sure. Not really understanding what you find funny. But laugh away if you feel like it. 🤷🏻bless♀️
I thought your TMI was funny when you indicated you were making love, but the ending forehead kiss is what really left you in a puddle. Must have been some forehead kiss!

INTerran

I thought your TMI was funny when you indicated you were making love, but the ending forehead kiss is what really left you in a puddle. Must have been some forehead kiss!
Ah. I understand the humor in the situation as you see it. We are not going all the way as I am a conservative. So just making out, enjoying that connection and deepening the relationship. The forehead kiss was tender, sweet, and displayed deeper affection than lust or desire. It demonstrated his feelings, which he does not vocalize very well. It simply meant more.

StrawberryBoots

Ah. I understand the humor in the situation as you see it. We are not going all the way as I am a conservative. So just making out, enjoying that connection and deepening the relationship. The forehead kiss was tender, sweet, and displayed deeper affection than lust or desire. It demonstrated his feelings, which he does not vocalize very well. It simply meant more.

I'm surprised by your reply because it's not often I meet a fellow conservative here; it's refreshing.

I won't engage in sex before marriage, so I think a forehead kiss has its charm.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm surprised by your reply because it's not often I meet a fellow conservative here; it's refreshing.

I won't engage in sex before marriage, so I think a forehead kiss has its charm.

Such conservatives do still exist. :yes:

INTerran

I'm surprised by your reply because it's not often I meet a fellow conservative here; it's refreshing. I won't engage in sex before marriage, so I think a forehead kiss has its charm.

I think we are overall a minority among INTPs and INTJs. It's always nice to run across others. :)

StrawberryBoots

I think we are overall a minority among INTPs and INTJs. It's always nice to run across others. :)

I can see why you say that. I don't think thinkers typically chase feelings, so take note the next time a thinker publicly brags about their liaisons. Notice how their thinking is severely impaired by drugs or alcohol.

My reasoning for abstaining from sex before marriage goes beyond morals, faith or honoring God. Although, honoring God (and man) is important to me because I'm a teamplayer. My greater goals are much more than smiling faces starring back at me. I figured the Creator of the universe in all His brilliance isn't going to tell us to do something a specific way, unless there's a logical reason for it, so I dug deeper and became a seeker of what makes humans tick.

I learned the anatomy of the brain and how the male brain and the female brain are different in nature. I learned what makes for sexual attraction in the brain and commitment for the long-term.

I could go on and on about God's design for intimacy, and how beautiful and incredibly perfect it is, but I've probably hijacked the thread enough, so I'll stop here. :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I learned the anatomy of the brain and how the male brain and the female brain are different in nature. I learned what makes for sexual attraction in the brain and commitment for the long-term.

I could go on and on about God's design for intimacy, and how beautiful and incredibly perfect it is, but I've probably hijacked the thread enough, so I'll stop here. :)

You give no idea what you are referring to here. But I am pretty sure that whatever it is, it's not going to guarantee that you and the person who have abstained until marriage are going to be sexually compatible. Sadly, I don't think there's any best way to handle the issue. Do it prior to love and it's not as meaningful (if that's important to you). Do it after love and commitment, and if there's an incompatibility, well, you're already committed. It's something to think about whatever you believe.

INTerran

I agree with brain chemistry and the scientific findings regarding attachment and bonding. I also agree with sexual compatibility and there being a disconnect. So I took the time to really think about where my boundaries would be. I communicated those boundaries clearly to him. He agreed to the boundaries.
He had some major concerns about compatibility because he is a soft dominant. So we are able to test certain aspects of that all within the limits of my boundaries.

INTerran

I can see why you say that. I don't think thinkers typically chase feelings, so take note the next time a thinker publicly brags about their liaisons. Notice how their thinking is severely impaired by drugs or alcohol. My reasoning for abstaining from sex before marriage goes beyond morals, faith or honoring God. Although, honoring God (and man) is important to me because I'm a teamplayer. My greater goals are much more than smiling faces starring back at me. I figured the Creator of the universe in all His brilliance isn't going to tell us to do something a specific way, unless there's a logical reason for it, so I dug deeper and became a seeker of what makes humans tick. I learned the anatomy of the brain and how the male brain and the female brain are different in nature. I learned what makes for sexual attraction in the brain and commitment for the long-term. I could go on and on about God's design for intimacy, and how beautiful and incredibly perfect it is, but I've probably hijacked the thread enough, so I'll stop here. :)
I don't mind the hijacking at all. These are the kinds of conversations I love. Too often people talk about God and faith, etc from a feelings/illogical standpoint. To be able to converse from a logical thinking frame of mind is great.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
You give no idea what you are referring to here. But I am pretty sure that whatever it is, it's not going to guarantee that you and the person who have abstained until marriage are going to be sexually compatible. Sadly, I don't think there's any best way to handle the issue. Do it prior to love and it's not as meaningful (if that's important to you). Do it after love and commitment, and if there's an incompatibility, well, you're already committed. It's something to think about whatever you believe.

there really are few things worse than being trapped in a sexually incompatible relationship -_-

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I can see why you say that. I don't think thinkers typically chase feelings, so take note the next time a thinker publicly brags about their liaisons. Notice how their thinking is severely impaired by drugs or alcohol. My reasoning for abstaining from sex before marriage goes beyond morals, faith or honoring God. Although, honoring God (and man) is important to me because I'm a teamplayer. My greater goals are much more than smiling faces starring back at me. I figured the Creator of the universe in all His brilliance isn't going to tell us to do something a specific way, unless there's a logical reason for it, so I dug deeper and became a seeker of what makes humans tick. I learned the anatomy of the brain and how the male brain and the female brain are different in nature. I learned what makes for sexual attraction in the brain and commitment for the long-term. I could go on and on about God's design for intimacy, and how beautiful and incredibly perfect it is, but I've probably hijacked the thread enough, so I'll stop here. :)

Im a conservative, formerly religious. I always liked the idea of God, but I couldn't stand most of the people who reported to speak for him. I know only one couple (religious) who waited for marriage to have sex. They were adorable, together for 15 years, two kids- and now divorced because both were suffering silently from sexual incompatibility their entire lives. They had to divorce God first. Waiting for commitment and meaning is wonderful, but waiting for marriage can by spiritually emotionally and physically lethal.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
This is why I think it's important to be able to talk openly and honestly with your potential partner about sex. Which given that so much of what so many people actually like is held up as taboo in "polite society conversation" It doesnt make a lot of sense to me to not at least be able to talk about it, even if you choose to wait. (This isnt directed at anyone here, just in general)

Sex in general communication is key.