• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How compatible are INTP male-INTJ female?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a crush on an INTJ female. We're both Muslim. I'd have to hold off on dating until after college, but we're acquainted with each other. Any tips from INTJ females? EDIT: we're not acquaintances, rather, we know each other. misuse of english.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't get involved until you can get involved. If I'd followed that advice I wouldn't have hurt several people who didn't deserve it.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Don't get involved until you can get involved. If I'd followed that advice I wouldn't have hurt several people who didn't deserve it.
so don't talk to her, or what? and what does this have to do with INTJs? EDIT: I barely see her anyways. we don't go to the same college.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
People are people regardless of type. If you can't have a relationship till after college then don't try to start one until after college. If you try to create an emotional attachment now you may end up hurting them unnecessary.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
People are people regardless of type. If you can't have a relationship till after college then don't try to start one until after college. If you try to create an emotional attachment now you may end up hurting them unnecessary.
ok, got it.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
wait, does it help if I say we do formal dating which only lasts like two weeks? (in our culture) (classical love, I suppose) EDIT: Nevermind, I guess not.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
alternatively you could help establish the groundwork for something really great in the future even though there are no guarantees. :shrug:

The Cat

Staff member
onvIdai.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=35211]Warrior[/MENTION]
I hope some INTJ women will respond here. Based on observation I'd say the type is rather direct in communication, and likes to know the terms of a relationship without any game playing or nonsense. I think that deep connections can last for a long time, so if this person is very important to you, it would be worth establishing a friendship or whatever kind of connection fits with your culture and personal plans.

I've always known romantic partners for a few years as friends before getting involved romantically. It's true my relationships did not turn out so great in the end, but I don't see any problem moving from friendship to relationship. It is helpful to have a lot of communication established before the emotional intensity of sexual involvement is added to the picture with all the bonding chemicals it adds to the mix. I think having that friendship established makes the romantic relationship stronger because in older age many people go back to essentially a friendship even during their marriages.

I think NT connect primarily with the mind and ideas, so I don't see why you wouldn't begin there even if you had to wait a few years for romantic involvement.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also I would say that having observed many relationships over the years, people tend to get together romantically with whomever they happen to be near in their environment. This is a reason to place yourself more within her environment, so that when the time comes she hasn't established connections with other people without knowing you.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=35211]Warrior[/MENTION]
I hope some INTJ women will respond here. Based on observation I'd say the type is rather direct in communication, and likes to know the terms of a relationship without any game playing or nonsense. I think that deep connections can last for a long time, so if this person is very important to you, it would be worth establishing a friendship or whatever kind of connection fits with your culture and personal plans.

I've always known romantic partners for a few years as friends before getting involved romantically. It's true my relationships did not turn out so great in the end, but I don't see any problem moving from friendship to relationship. It is helpful to have a lot of communication established before the emotional intensity of sexual involvement is added to the picture with all the bonding chemicals it adds to the mix. I think having that friendship established makes the romantic relationship stronger because in older age many people go back to essentially a friendship even during their marriages.

I think NT connect primarily with the mind and ideas, so I don't see why you wouldn't begin there even if you had to wait a few years for romantic involvement.
I'll keep this in mind I can't share that much on a public forum section, because I'm worried I'm being watched by her and her older brother (her older brother's my best friend). EDIT: I've been described by many people as paranoid, though, so....

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
incompatible, i'd say.
Really? I've been married to an INTP for years.

Everyone I have ever dated has started off as a friend first, so I agree with the advice to get to know each other slowly, as friends. Relationships with either type can take long to develop, so these two types are likely to be on the same page about that and not mind going very slowly.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

Everyone I have ever dated has started off as a friend first, so I agree with the advice to get to know each other slowly, as friends. Relationships with either type can take long to develop, so these two types are likely to be on the same page about that and not mind going very slowly.
what are some other tips you'd give to INTPs about being married to an INTJ? [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]? I know a big killer for me is that I'd be big on words as an expression of love whereas I see that INTJs (like my sister, who may also be an ENTJ and my mother, and ESTJ, another TJ, are big on "I want actions, not words/apologies" when I screw up or show or expect affection.

The Cat

Staff member
Slow down kid, buy 'em a drink first. Have a conversation.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Slow down kid, buy 'em a drink first. Have a conversation.
I barely see this person we don't go to the same school and we don't chat online cause she doesn't talk to boys that much who are not her mahram (google it) but she a few times talk to me or even occasionally talked to me. She also hasn't responded online. But she smiled when I say hi a couple of times recently and once stared deep into my soul when we exchanged "hi how are you?s" with INTJ death stare. and we're muslim, so its either no romantic relationship, or courting to see if the other person is suitable for marriage. but we can talk a little. or if we were classmates we could be friends according to some interpretations, but not best buddies, more like acquaintances. [MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION] EDIT: and no drinking, if you're referring to alcohol. both of us are under 21 anyway.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That might very well be the case for you; but from what I have seen INTP-INTJ couplings usually do not work out. INTP's usually fall back at the line regarding topics like maturity compared to INTJ's, however judging from my observations regarding your personality and how it would affect your partnerships, your INTP is probably quite mature in many areas.