• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask me anything: ISFJ married to an INTP

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I'm not paying him. He asked me out, asked me to move in with him, and asked me to marry him. Yes, really!

We are very happy together and have a little girl. I know there's a misconception that sensor and intuitive relationships can't work, so if you have any questions ask away!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is probably more practical than an intuitive-intuitive relationship or sensor-sensor relationship. The INTP's strong Ti and Ne complement the ISFJ's somewhat weaker Ti and weak Ne, and vice versa. Although the socionicists will argue an introvert-extrovert match would be more ideal, I think an ISFJ and INTP are potentially better because they will have a similar appreciation and need for personal time and limited socialization.

My question is how many times a week do you have to help him find objects like his keys that are practically right in front of his face?

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My question is how many times a week do you have to help him find objects like his keys that are practically right in front of his face?

Omg all the time! It's worse now we have a baby because he can never find her things or remember where he put them because he's sleep deprived as well haha.

I won't lie, I find it annoying sometimes and wish he would wake up. Like how can you be so absent minded? But at the same time his absent mindedness is one of the reasons I married him. When I'm not stressed out I find it cute.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would you say you're an inquisitive individual?

Yes, but in a different way to him. I always want to learn and understand things. He's more into the abstract and learning for the sake of learning. I'm more grounded and concrete. We have some pretty good discussions about stuff as we come from different perspectives.

I'm trying to think of an example but I'm pretty sleep deprived as we have a young baby. I guess I'm more inquisitive about useful stuff to me. Sometimes he's obsessive over learning stuff that will serve no purpose. I don't understand it but it's one of the things I love about him.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what is it that you like and dislike about infantile types?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does a lot of your time "hanging out" involve each of you in the same room but doing your own things?

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what is it that you like and dislike about infantile types?

I think they are adorable. I find the innocence and non aggressiveness really attractive. Whether it be romantic or platonic. Even confident infantile types are actually unsure of themselves and I like helping them feel comfortable.

I love that my husband enjoys that I'm caring instead of seeing it as a weakness. He appreciates it rather than takes advantage. I also find infantile types help me see my worth beyond what I do for others.

Not sure what I dislike. I suppose I don't like infantile types who are immature but I don't like immaturity in general. As in a grown adult who acts like a spoilt brat lol.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does a lot of your time "hanging out" involve each of you in the same room but doing your own things?

Yes. Introvert life lol. We've always been that way but we like it. When we do go out together, it's pleasant things that aren't a big deal. Like going for something to eat or seeing a film at the cinema. We're both simple people who like the little things in life.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How did you two meet?

Online. He's very shy and has a physical disability that made dating hard. I was struggling to meet anyone in real life as I have always worked in caring professions. Most people are older or married lol. So we met on a dating site and we stayed together for 12 hours because neither of us wanted to go home! And we have hardly been apart since. He's the first person to help me realise my potential and that I am more than what I do for people. He's lovely.

EmilyGims

I sincerely congratulate you and sincerely wish you mutual understanding in all aspects of your family life, and wish you warm sincere relations in your family!:newwink:

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ISFJ here. I am in the process of getting to know an INTP male who has expressed interest in me. He has stretched the limits of his social interaction to make contact with me but still has not reached a point where he wants to talk on the phone regularly. I need my space but not nearly as much as he does. How do you deal with that?