User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Truthful Drunks

Default Truthful Drunks

When drunk, do you tend to be more open and honest...sharing feelings with someone that you have kept under tight control?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Depends on how drunk... if I’m totally wasted (which is usually likely considering I’m somewhat of a lightweight), I’ll say certain things that I either remember the next morning or hear about from whoever I related those things to.

Like, the last time this happened was back in early August - it was some vodka cocktail that I had just one glass of, and within no time I was zoned out. I was told later that I’d laughed hysterically at one point, only for it to turn into hysterical crying as I screamed out my last ex’s name asking why he wouldn’t respond back to me.

So yeah, I’ve pretty much stopped drinking.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    When drunk, do you tend to be more open and honest...sharing feelings with someone that you have kept under tight control?
    All of the yes. After sobering up, I kinda cringe in shame and humiliation. Then never speak about certain things again... at least till I am drunk again...which is often. I am suprised people don't tell me to go home.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    For better and for worse.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

honestly idk depends on who I am around
    now that I think about it I have only been drunk 1) either by myself or 2) with a guy I somewhat trusted and wanted to get close to

I have also hung out with friends and we drink of course but it doesn't "stand out" I guess
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp

Drinking makes me strongly embrace my emotions (I get way more emotionally expressive), whereas normally I maintain a rather stoic demeanor. Sometimes I recall things I've said or written in that state and it can be really cringeworthy and embarrassing.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by A-a-ron Carter View Post
    Drinking makes me strongly embrace my emotions (I get way more emotionally expressive), whereas normally I maintain a rather stoic demeanor. Sometimes I recall things I've said or written in that state and it can be really cringeworthy and embarrassing.
    I read a few texts I had sent to my friend once while I had been drinking and it...didn't make any sense...lol
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    I read a few texts I had sent to my friend once while I had been drinking and it...didn't make any sense...lol
    I tried to tell you multiple times that it wouldn't be a good idea to try and cook an entire chicken in the microwave, yet once you start fellowshiping with Captain Morgan, you stop listening to reason.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes Venus Rose liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

If I am in the perfect buzzed state, I'll be more relaxed, bold, and initiating/teasing/chatty. But much beyond that point and I become quiet and contemplative.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

yeah, it depends on the amount of alcohol. Way too much so that my body starts to slow down and not function, I become quiet and contemplative.

But typically in the early stages, it releases me from my social inhibitions. It's a poor-man's truth serum, to me -- I'm aware of what I'm doing but I would have to focus to hold things in and remain reserved... and I also lose the desire to do so. So I get a lot more silly, loud, talkative, friendly/sociable, etc. I never get mean, it's always a more positive release.

Unless I'm really drunk, I would remain aware that I probably don't want to share certain thoughts about someone I'm talking to, but it becomes a matter of whether I care enough to try to restrain myself. Afterwards I might regret it, but in the moment I don't. It's more like, "Oh what the hell, let's go for it and see what happens" kind of thing -- a Ti nightmare, an Ne paradise, haha. (Well, Ti is amenable in that it's "an experiment" I can "learn something from.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes cascadeco liked this post