User Tag List

123 Last

Default Being “known” By Your Significant Other

Do you know what feels really good in a relationship for an INTP? For your INTJ significant other to know you so well on a deeper level to be able to send music and movie recommendations to you, confident that you will love it...and you do.

And I don’t mean stuff that is generally my taste, but things I would never choose to listen to ordinarily, but that I find I really like. It’s almost like he knows me even better than I know myself to be able to extrapolate data from what I do listen to and find just the right songs/movies/tv shows that I didn’t know I’d like. And he sends the links with a short text “think you’ll enjoy this.” He’s been pretty much on point every time.

Being an oftentimes misunderstood INTP female and knowing INTJ characteristics, this means the world to me. How is it with other types?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Having one I love demonstrate that they know me on a deep enough level to understand what I would like, feel, want, and for them to care about making me feel loved, wanted, and cared about is the ultimate in love languages for me. So being known is basically a large part of being loved to me.

I'm not sure that's what you were really asking, though. Did you mean, How do our sos make us feel known? Or?
    ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ★
    -: ✦ :-

h n g ⊱9w1✶S✶5w4✶X✶2w1⊰ g h t
    ★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    Likes INTerran liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    Do you know what feels really good in a relationship for an INTP? For your INTJ significant other to know you so well on a deeper level to be able to send music and movie recommendations to you, confident that you will love it...and you do.

And I don’t mean stuff that is generally my taste, but things I would never choose to listen to ordinarily, but that I find I really like. It’s almost like he knows me even better than I know myself to be able to extrapolate data from what I do listen to and find just the right songs/movies/tv shows that I didn’t know I’d like. And he sends the links with a short text “think you’ll enjoy this.” He’s been pretty much on point every time.

Being an oftentimes misunderstood INTP female and knowing INTJ characteristics, this means the world to me. How is it with other types?
    I notice I have a much easier time doing this for my INTP than he does for me. Do you find the same, meaning can you identify things he will like just as easily?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

I have a much easier time doing that for my INTP, too, than he does for me.
    ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ★

h n g ⊱9w1✶S✶5w4✶X✶2w1⊰ g h t
    ★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Having one I love demonstrate that they know me on a deep enough level to understand what I would like, feel, want, and for them to care about making me feel loved, wanted, and cared about is the ultimate in love languages for me. So being known is basically a large part of being loved to me.

I'm not sure that's what you were really asking, though. Did you mean, How do our sos make us feel known? Or?

I suppose the question could be interpreted different ways. How do your sos demonstrate “getting” you on a different level? How do you make your so feel “known/seen”? How does it make you feel to have someone know you almost better than you know yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I notice I have a much easier time doing this for my INTP than he does for me. Do you find the same, meaning can you identify things he will like just as easily?
    I actually have a harder time identifying things like music, movies, board games, etc that he will like. I sometimes get it right. But sometimes I don’t. What I am able to do is recognize his moods, motivations, etc. I can interpret what he isn’t saying/texting as much as what he is. I demonstrate “knowing” him through our interactions...the questions I ask...the affirmations I give...the latitude I give him when he’s cranky/needs space...understanding his wit and sarcasm.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post

That's what I do. I send her stuff and say "I think you will relate" and she always does.

At some point, she said jokingly that I must be spying on her because I know all the stuff she must like and we have many synchronicities going on and she just feels completely naked.

Meh.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.
    Likes INTerran, Novella liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

My last boyfriend was very good at this. It's part of why I more strongly considered e9 over e6 for him. Despite being sexual blind, he was very, very good at knowing me, what I like, and how I like it. He didn't have a 100% batting average, but it was close enough. He was also a musician of sorts, so that sort of artistic sensuality came naturally to him. A sexy quality indeed.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

To be known and truly understood and loved through it all. That's the greatest gift I could ever receive and all I would ever want.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

Likes Novella, Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    666 sx/sp

Its not being known, so much as being accepted. Him loving me fully for who I am and the feeling that I can be totally open and honest and myself with him.