• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP / INTP & the interior castle]

edgeflor

MBTI Type
INFP
Read and reply if it strikes your fancy. I can't remember sharing about my dating life in a forum before. But I felt a pretty compelling need to let INTPs and everyone else know just how charming and worth it an INTP can be.

Worth getting to know and worth reaching for. Worth stumbling upon and discovering.

I'm an INFP who met this particular INTP over 3 years ago at an art event. We clicked, he added me on Facebook. Cue him asking me to grab dinner with a light forearm touch, picking up the bill with a delightful nervousness. (Even more charming when someone who lives out some of the best qualities of a male feminist does it). Cue brunches and museum visits and walks in the park. Cue long, long conversations and "I can't believe I found someone I share all these questions and particular passions with!" Cue his indecisiveness, and it fizzled away. I moved, we remained good friends, each of us appearing for excellent conversations on brief visits. Or the kind of online chats that make you feel like you have someone cheering you on in your dreams and goals wherever you go. Now and before we still have pretty amazing conversations whenever we talk. The rabbit trails and wormholes we go down. The mutually sparked insights and "getting" each other. I don't know if the experience is the same for him but there are certain sides of myself I've shared with people I can count on one hand. And I feel him intrigued, delighted in these sides, and they are safe with him. And they are safe with him. And his brain is this fascinating castle I could just continue exploring indefinitely. And to me that's the sexiest thing.

(Also his kindness. And risks he's taken to jump and do the kind of work he felt compelled by. And his wit. And, and.)

All the same, I'm in no rush. But I appreciate the way our connection has been proven over time and for how much more mature he is. And that's the thing I'm given to understand about INTPs. They take a while to season well. Especially when it comes to relationships. Something something it can be hard for them to find the right satisfying and lasting relationship. They may take a while to finish cooking, so to speak. Fe and all that.

I feel hopeful because of how much he's come to know about himself and spent time developing out of his comfort zones. I feel hopeful because I feel similarly about myself. We both have a propensity, as far as I can tell, to be pretty fine with being single until the right relationship comes along. I wonder a little if he needs some -N-J type to kick him into dating gear more than anything. Where will this go? Who knows. I'm looking forward to finding out. But regardless I am so so glad to have these conversations with him back in my life. And his kaleidoscope self.

TLDR;

INTPs are great. Especially witty, tender-hearted, self-reflective ones. Get to know your local INTP today.

Last edited: