• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] What is the difference between an Sx/So 1w2 ESTJ and an Sx/Sp 1w2 ESTJ?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Both are very intense, assertive 1w2s who justify their desires with rationalization and righteous anger, but how else do they differ?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For those to, I'd just focus on the differences between sx/so and sx/sp as a whole rather than combining three parts of the typology system. sx/sp will be significantly more brash and inattentive to social niceties due to the lack of soc. Additionally, they'll have a stronger sense of boundaries and, despite being intensity seeking, will still be concerned with self-maintenance and security. sx/so on the other hand would be a bit more tolerant of social niceties and group dynamics (in the sense it can be useful in obtaining their desires). As a whole, they are much less security conscious and are more and intensely intensity/thrill seeking even outside of traditional safety.

If may also be helpful to look at the social and self preservation 1 descriptions, just to see which one applies less to the person you desire to type here:

Both of these are from Wisdom of The Enneagram
sp 1:

so 1:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For those to, I'd just focus on the differences between sx/so and sx/sp as a whole rather than combining three parts of the typology system. sx/sp will be significantly more brash and inattentive to social niceties due to the lack of soc. Additionally, they'll have a stronger sense of boundaries and, despite being intensity seeking, will still be concerned with self-maintenance and security. sx/so on the other hand would be a bit more tolerant of social niceties and group dynamics (in the sense it can be useful in obtaining their desires). As a whole, they are much less security conscious and are more and intensely intensity/thrill seeking even outside of traditional safety.

If may also be helpful to look at the social and self preservation 1 descriptions, just to see which one applies less to the person you desire to type here:

Both of these are from Wisdom of The Enneagram
sp 1:

so 1:

I was wondering since my mom self-indentified as a Sx/Sp when she took tests and looked at the descriptions, but that was a couple years ago and since I’ve moved out, I observe just how brazen and passionate she is that she knows the truth and everybody else is corrupt and she is here to “smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit”. She openly tirades about the sins of others, especially sins related sex like interracial marriage, sex before marriage, and same sex marraige. If she’s out at a restaurant and her food comes out wrong, she throws a fit. She will not only complain in detail every way her order is wrong, she will attack the waitor or waitress for percieved sins she sees in them. That said, she is also a skilled orator and very charismatic. She’s used her social skills to get a degree of power in the community. She is also says she needs a man in her life, and every time one of her husbands die, she dates a man at most 2 weeks before marrying him. She is also a clean freak and super organized. She diets and fasts religiously, and is very disciplined, and is not tolerant of others she percieves as lacking discipline. She is the first to shout at somebody at a work luncheon “GLUTTON! YOU WILL NOT HAVE SECONDS!”. After moving out, I gave her one of my house keys for her to use in emergencies, but she just randomly walks in my house without permission or warning. She criticizes me in my house for not folding my laundry right and lacking order in my home. She regularly crosses the boundries of others but loudly protests and gets angry when people cross her boundries. She criticizes others around her freely but becomes angry and offended when she is criticized. She wants everybody to conform to her ideals with the same zeal she conforms to them. She told me she “needs to be needed”. She interjects herself in the affairs of others whether or not she is wanted there. While she is definately Sx first, I could easily see her as So second or Sp second. Both So and Sp seem moderately present in her, but in the brief time she looked at typings, she seemed to relate more to Sx/Sp since she says she “tells it like it is”. I started working for her because she offers double the pay of everybody else and she is considered the top of her field professionally.

That said, I’m the lazy, gluttonous Sp-dom 7w6 foil to her Sx-dom 1w2. I annoy her badly.

I moderately relate to both Sx and So, and wonder which is second for me. Until I was 22, I related more to Sp/So since even though I wanted to enjoy life, I didn’t want it to be at the expense of other’s fun and enjoyment in life, so I moderated my gluttony. Now, though, I could see myself as Sp/Sx, since I’m annoyed by people competing for resources I want, so I spitefully take more than I need or want in case I need or want it later.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I've never met one Sx dom ESTJ, I can't be sure one even exists, let alone Sx/So/Sp 1w2
Since I have some perfectionist qualities, they also entail me not making assumptions about some things I don't have experience of.