• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sexual / Intimate First Support Group

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh wait, my normal non-intentional look? May lose my Sx card for it, but I usually have a resting smile face. People respond in kind often, and less nice, it can draw unwanted friendliness. I've had success deflecting that by greatly exaggerating my real uninviting traits that underlie how I look and becoming an absurd figure, laughing at myself inside. It's character creation, really - making myself feel more powerful in a tricky situation by using what I do well and not what I don't.

When I was younger, I think my default face was more sad, or so others would tell me. I don't get that often at all anymore.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yes, to the extent that people don't like it when I look at them/say they feel like my gaze is burning their soul to a cinder and other hyperbolic expressions of discomfort, lol.

I try not to hyper-focus on people when they're talking these days but to me, honestly, it seems far ruder to let my gaze wander when I'm supposed to be paying attention??? I don't understand this social rule tbh. :shrug:

This is really interesting to me because I've never been told my gaze is intense or threatening. I've been told I'm intimidating, but I think it's been meant about my demeanor/wall.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh wait, my normal non-intentional look? May lose my Sx card for it, but I usually have a resting smile face. People respond in kind often, and less nice, it can draw unwanted friendliness. I've had success deflecting that by greatly exaggerating my real uninviting traits that underlie how I look and becoming an absurd figure, laughing at myself inside. It's character creation, really - making myself feel more powerful in a tricky situation by using what I do well and not what I don't.

When I was younger, I think my default face was more sad, or so others would tell me. I don't get that often at all anymore.

That is interesting. My resting face definitely wouldn't fall on the 'smile'/welcoming spectrum, haha. It tends to fall on the repel-people-away or sad spectrum.

Though as tied to topic, my gaze itself has never been described as too intense; my demeanor maybe has indirectly, though.

Permabanned
Do y'all find intense eye contact with certain people to be quite wonderful?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is really interesting to me because I've never been told my gaze is intense or threatening. I've been told I'm intimidating, but I think it's been meant about my demeanor/wall.

Yeah, you look tough. I think it's partly your great bone structure? I on the other hand am very round—therefore soft and unthreatening. But my gaze makes people think I know more about them than I really do, haha.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yeah, you look tough. I think it's partly your great bone structure? I on the other hand am very round—therefore soft and unthreatening. But my gaze makes people think I know more about them than I really do, haha.

Dat ass tho.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I met someone today I really liked because she had little social and mannerism quirks, including mumbling a bit (nervous?), like I have.

I just wanted to walk to my car after work, and then this sx connection stuff happens. :doh: :boohoo:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I met someone today I really liked because she had little social and mannerism quirks, including mumbling a bit (nervous?), like I have.

I just wanted to walk to my car after work, and then this sx connection stuff happens. :doh: :boohoo:

But isn't it fun though?

Qlip’s meetings lacked gourmet coffee and high end pastries. I assume you’ll be avoiding that pitfall Luminous?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The "anti-social" social type is often given as an example of how one might not realize for a while how much their life actually does revolve around their dominant, even if their particular issues toward it involve obsessing over their distance from it. Anyway, checking in as the equivalent Sx-dom.

I am same. The anti-sx sx-first. It caused me so much pain, I had to turn against it. I am in recovery.

Something interesting is that I can remember getting obsessions throughout my life and actively trying to hide this from others at an early age. I thought it was one of those things that made me weird and creepy. I knew it was like flogging a dead horse if I went on about Otto von Bismarck for the 412th time today alone, and that people would think I was weird and obsessive (and maybe autistic in retrospect). So, I contained about 95% of it (which apparently wasn't enough because I think people still noticed). Still, most of it had to happen in my head, which sucked because I wanted to share it with everyone. But I was too mortified by myself and my weirdness.

I'm glad that at least now I have some sort of reasonable explanation about why this happens to me; haven't figured out why it mortified me yet. But everything pertaining to the instinct did. I must have been such a misery when I was young, sheesh.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am same. The anti-sx sx-first. It caused me so much pain, I had to turn against it. I am in recovery.

Something interesting is that I can remember getting obsessions throughout my life and actively trying to hide this from others at an early age. I thought it was one of those things that made me weird and creepy. I knew it was like flogging a dead horse if I went on about Otto von Bismarck for the 412th time today alone, and that people would think I was weird and obsessive (and maybe autistic in retrospect). So, I contained about 95% of it (which apparently wasn't enough because I think people still noticed). Still, most of it had to happen in my head, which sucked because I wanted to share it with everyone. But I was too mortified by myself and my weirdness.

I'm glad that at least now I have some sort of reasonable explanation about why this happens to me; haven't figured out why it mortified me yet. But everything pertaining to the instinct did. I must have been such a misery when I was young, sheesh.

Examples?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The anti-Sx Sx. How does that show up in your daily thoughts and actions? How did you finally realize you were Sx-first?

Gotcha.

OK, first I've known about being sx-first for about 6 years. I discovered this before figuring out my enneagram type, actually.

I didn't actually figure it out for myself--a bunch of folks on Personality Café all started telling me my posts SCREAMED sx-first. Here I'd been reading all these posts about these crazed sx-first vampires lusting with INTENSITY, needing to suck the lifeforce to fulfill their sxness, grasping and moaning and thrusting and ugh. And I'm just like LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, no way would I be that crazy instinct. And prior to coming to PerC, I was already familiar with Riso and Hudson's description of the SX subtype, and they noted that people often mistype as sx-firsts because they think they're sexy or enjoy sex or something. And that was part of it--I had a reaction against doing what the majority of people did, and no way did I consider myself sexy. So basically I did the opposite things using the same logic loooool.

So I thought I was sx-last. And then PerC was like, No.

And just in the spirit of being open-minded, I considered it, and it actually started making sense.

I mean, my whole life was defined by me being utterly miserable because I could never seem to find a relationship and I believed I was undesirable. I couldn't fit in with others in groups, either, but it didn't torment me to this degree. This was the sort of thing that would leave my crying myself to sleep at night and wondering what was actually wrong with me, swearing suicide, causing meltdowns, and resenting literally everyone. I was verbally abused as a child about my appearance and internalized a lot of that messaging (to protect myself from it actually), and just assumed that I was some disgusting swamp monster that no one would ever want.

So inwardly that was the story. But outwardly, I mean. I'm already of the mindset that it's somehow weak to be beholden to "Love", that romance is silly, and that I don't need a man to make me happy. And combining that with my own disappointment, I was just the most judgemental bitter asshole you could meet. I couldn't stand to talk about sexual issues--not only cause it's basically taboo in society, but also because I felt it was one of those things that the Universe acted like I wasn't supposed to know and, well, when the world turns its back you, you turn your back on the world. Beautiful women really irked me, women expressing their sexuality really irked me...because they were competition, and they were entitled to be attractive, and I would never have that, so why not tear them down? A miserable being must make more miserable beings, then he's happy. I wanted fairness, damnit!! And my life was so unfair.

Rather than wander the world, I just sort of locked myself in my room and lived in my imagination. I didn't go out and do things or have "intense experiences" and was just bitter that life was cutting me out of itself, yet I would say, Fuck off, I didn't want it anyway. I used to deliberately hang out with the Ned Flanders types and quilting moms (who are like the exact opposite of what I want from life) just because that way I didn't have to directly face my own inadequacies. My self-esteem being dependent on all this stuff. So I had a really negative self-image for years cause I legitimately felt like I was failing in the sx-first realm, but it always came out in this subversive, bitter, moralizing way, and me cutting myself out of stuff and then wondering why I always seemed to get cut out of stuff.

Something I have noticed is that many of my friends over the years (admittedly I've only had 2 like this lol) were sx-firsts who I think at some level saw this about me and felt safe with it. I wasn't a threat to them or their feelings, because I was so busy decrying our sex-obsessed world I wasn't contributing to it. They drew heart from my protestations; I fought against their fears and insecurities...to combat my own. To hide it from myself. When Naranjo says that our dominant instinct is a weakness posing as a strength...it never seemed like a strength to me, but others saw me as very strong in this area. Not in the sense of my being "more attractive" or whatever, but in the sense of holding fast in a tormenting world.

Anyway. Then I got sick (and found my type during this period), and then I got depressed (around sx-first issues, incidentally, because that was my weak point and so the area of my psyche where the link broke first), and then I wasted years locked in my house and realized I was basically going to kill myself unless I got some sort of healing around this. I got into Taoist and Tantric practices, and damned if it isn't working. No partner, I'm just doing the inner work. "Healing sexuality" and stuff. I found out that very many practitioners are sx-firsts themselves, and my story isn't really that uncommon. I dunno why I couldn't have found this stuff 10 or 20 years ago, but thank God I found it at all.

So yeah. That's a quick recap. It was...just so liberating to figure this out. I understood the most tormenting areas of my psyche, and although they still hurt, I feel for the first time that I'm not some freak of nature and there's a pattern behind it, and that the damage can be repaired.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=18576]The Tsarevich[/MENTION] - Thank you for sharing such a personal story.

Btw, I got weirdly upset when I saw you changed your name. I've realized that I get attached (mentally) to people's names/avatars here and I don't like to learn the new ones because:
A. I'm not good at remembering names period.
B. It feels like I'm meeting someone new in a weird way, so there is like a re-bonding that needs to happen and that's not really my thing.

That probably doesn't make any sense but it's what I realized last night.