User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Social Last Support Group

From my experience, if you're social last you can find a large part of the world incredibly difficult to deal with. The things that I have no interest in is nearly endless, work politics, social pecking orders, making appearances, Coachella, Instagram, the easily offended, in-grouping, out-grouping, remembering names, responding to texts immediately, etc, etc, etc.

This thread is to provide a place to vent about, and potential tips to cope with, to avoid and to hack the social world. I'll contribute shortly....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    From my experience, if you're social last you can find a large part of the world incredibly difficult to deal with. The things that I have no interest in is nearly endless, work politics, social pecking orders, making appearances, Coachella, Instagram, the easily offended, in-grouping, out-grouping, remembering names, responding to texts immediately, etc, etc, etc.

This thread is to provide a place to vent about, and potential tips to cope with, to avoid and to hack the social world. I'll contribute shortly....
    Wonderful initiative. I am looking forward to see how this thread develops.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I'm quite social (not a social last) but I can still relate to this. Being social does not automatically mean that you are a vapid idiot who only cares about climbing the social ladder or Instagram. That sort of personality has nothing to do with "type".

While I am very extroverted and often surrounded by people I still feel alone because I find what most people want to talk about to be insignificant and depressing.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
    Likes Qlip, phobik, thepumpkinpot, The Tsarevich liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Right now I'm between jobs, and putting in applications, doing interviews, etc. I'm also working on a project that I hope may generate some income, and truth be told, I'm happy. I wish I could just get paid to build things by myself. My last job, and the one before it was rife with people who were above questioning because of title, labyrinths of ass kissing just to be able to do your job well, and the constant pressure to take the company on as a religion, and selling trinkets as a holy act. It's all way too much.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Social last here. The world isn't difficult to navigate. I do things my way and that has resulted in what's conventionally perceived as success. That said, the result of this perceived success doesn't make me happy but what does make me happy is the freedom to do what I want.

My prior stage in life was insanely stressful and full where I loved the stress and pace of it. But what I found is that it's like being a hamster on a wheel, where it's never enough so round and round you go, seeking bigger hits. So, I got off the hamster wheel and have found that a simple life makes me happy. Had I not gotten remarried, I was actually considering downsizing from 4400 sq/ft to a tiny home.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post

Unsure if I'm Sp/Sx or Sp/So...but yeah...that shits stupid.
    In Avocados We Trust
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    NFTS
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

I'm not exactly sure where to begin... let's go with apathy. I don't seem to care about any social obligation or even typical adult responsibility as much as anyone I know. I honestly struggle with even working for other people. Or with them.

If I am to be transparent, I've been spoken to about my attitude at work and "not being a team player". I'm not bragging... believe me... this has only added more stress to my life, but it still seems that I don't care enough to attempt to fully integrate. I've never been to a company party. I've never accepted an invite to hang out with people I work with. I even left the company's employee Facebook page because I just didn't feel like fucking staying in the loop. I'd rather use that loop to hang myself, if those were my options.

Perhaps I'm being a bit melodramatic, but this is how I truly feel. I just feel like my true desires are polar to what's expected of me as an adult.

I love my home. I looooove just spending a day in bed with a lover, getting up mostly to eat or watch a little TV. I selfishly want to be able to act on my every whim. I desire complete autonomy, which... is not fucking possible.

I cope by fantasizing about a distant retirement and savoring the moments I do get to pursue passion and solitude (partner generally not excluded although I do also need alone time). Luckily, I have a partner who loves this lifestyle as much as I do. We enjoy a lot of travel, food, and sex together. It's fucking glorious.

I want friends, but I'm not good at keeping in touch or prioritizing their needs over mine. I don't do it intentionally; it's more like I suddenly realize I haven't checked in with a particular friend in ages. I tend to feel indebted to a couple in particular. I've put a lot of conscious effort into improving this over the last few years.

I also struggle with my role as a mother sometimes. Having children has really shined a light into some previously hidden corners and corridors.

It's not all bad though... I have somewhat of a balance between the two worlds, as in I make time for myself and my endeavors.

I'm sure I'll come up with more to say.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes Qlip, Novella, Snow as White liked this post

As someone who is very much sx to the point where my sp and so are very much diminished (if you say they're equal I'll let you decide on that one for yourself)..

I do avoid crowds, but at the same time I stand out from crowds in the crowds.

I would never go to Coachella, EDC, UMF, etc. I mean some of the sets are massive and total bangers, which thankfully at home I can sometimes listen to. Unless I was the DJ of course.

Whenever I go to see a DJ... I see exactly the DJ. heh. weird.

And as you well know, I don't very well mesh with the forum to receive a member of the day/month thing here lol. I very much have my own schedule of saying things, to the dismay of others sometimes.

I try to avoid work politics, but because I guess of my sx'ness (No, not sexiness to clarify) I still get caught up in work politics, sometimes being the subject of work politics.

I'm not so well at remembering names (but getting better at it, usually on good days too)..

I kind of suck at being a great texter.

So yeah, I'm down for some advice in this area of my life.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

IMO, people with SO last should work to their strengths and not their weaknesses. Rather than playing by SO rules, create your own rules.

MBTI
    NFTS
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

Also, I see what you did with the thread title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    IMO, people with SO last should work to their strengths and not their weaknesses. Rather than playing by SO rules, create your own rules.
    This is why I want to be self-employed. So. Badly.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes Novella liked this post