• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Social Last Support Group

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It’s entirely possible. Out of the few people I’ve asked directly here there hasn’t been a general consensus on my e type. I’ve tested 4 and 5 consistently and both imo fit me but someone has suggested 9w8 which isn’t completely alien sounding to me either. Idk.

I just want to quickly clarify that when I said, "there are also other posts that made me think this too" - I wasn't speaking about you specifically, I'd meant that the whole string of posts in that area made me want to point out that sx dominance will look different in other enneagram types and a lot of NFs mistype as e4.

I'm pretty confident in my typing as an e5, and I definitely don't impulsively reach out or get stalker-ish. I've never been the one to make the first move. In fact, I generally need to know someone for 6 months before dating them. And I do feel the passion (I guess it's passion) for certain creature comforts (fine chocolate!!) or an amazing book or movie, but my enjoyment of them starts to atrophy if I don't have someone to share the enthusiasm with. I've posted before in a similar thread that I feel like I'm often in denial about how much connection I want because I hate being dependent on anyone - and yet when I'm in the throes of feeling like, "I don't need anyone to feel enthused about this with me" I'll feel a little too much like Steve Martin's character in the jerk when he throws a kind of tantrum saying, "I don't need you, I don't need anything, all I need is..." and he keeps grabbing things on his way out, listing them as being all the things he needs. I can see people living very sp-ish lives and seeming very content - and I'm just, not. I'm not content unless I'm sharing some kind of strong experience with others.

I need to watch this movie again. It's been too long.

I just want to quickly clarify that when I said, "there are also other posts that made me think this too" - I wasn't speaking about you specifically, I'd meant that the whole string of posts in that area made me want to point out that sx dominance will look different in other enneagram types and a lot of NFs mistype as e4.

It’s not really something your comment prompted. The uncertainty. I’ve been kind of unsure about my e type for a while anyway. Even though I get 4 and 5 almost equally on tests there’s always that what if lingering.

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, so I just discovered this, and I think it explains well what I've been intuiting lately, and I think it might be part of what we are talking about here (Go to Animals: Savior Combinations header on this site): Objective Personality | Home

What do I mean? I am an INFP who very much is Fi-Ne, not Fi-Si. I've been speculating about this loop concept, because of Personality Hacker, and all of their talk about getting in touch with your second cognitive function, and all I could think was, "What the hell are they talking about? If anything, I could benefit from using my Si more, not less."

What I'm trying to say is, I think I equate Si with self-preservation and Ne with sexual instinct and I think this site's theory kind of goes along with that equation. In other words, if you are an INXP and tend to use your Si more than Ne, you are more focused on conservation and consistency (self pres like concerns). If you are an INXP and tend to use your Ne more than Si, you are more focused on novelty and inconsistency (how the sexual instinct is sometimes described).

I'm not saying that these necessarily go hand in hand. But I think in my mind I was combining it like that.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Ok, so I just discovered this, and I think it explains well what I've been intuiting lately, and I think it might be part of what we are talking about here (Go to Animals: Savior Combinations header on this site): Objective Personality | Home

What do I mean? I am an INFP who very much is Fi-Ne, not Fi-Si. I've been speculating about this loop concept, because of Personality Hacker, and all of their talk about getting in touch with your second cognitive function, and all I could think was, "What the hell are they talking about? If anything, I could benefit from using my Si more, not less."

What I'm trying to say is, I think I equate Si with self-preservation and Ne with sexual instinct and I think this site's theory kind of goes along with that equation. In other words, if you are an INXP and tend to use your Si more than Ne, you are more focused on conservation and consistency (self pres like concerns). If you are an INXP and tend to use your Ne more than Si, you are more focused on novelty and inconsistency (how the sexual instinct is sometimes described).

I'm not saying that these necessarily go hand in hand. But I think in my mind I was combining it like that.

Similar to how e6 is strongly correlated to ISxJ; e6 being a type focused on security, and dom Si comforted by stability and the familiar.

INTP 6 probably has strong Si, just like INTP 9 has more useable Fe.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
OH! Btw, I'm obsessed with this method of typing and was planning on discussing it after becoming more confident in using it. Or keeping it as a secret weapon.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Similar to how e6 is strongly correlated to ISxJ; e6 being a type focused on security, and dom Si comforted by stability and the familiar.

INTP 6 probably has strong Si, just like INTP 9 has more useable Fe.

I hope this won't come across as dismissive - I haven't even read the page brainheart posted, I just wanted to quickly comment - I'd long thought e6 was actually Ni-ish, and e9 was the Si-iest function. There are several older threads discussing this, and I can remember agreeing with those two comparisons when they were presented. (On my phone right now, so I'm not willing to expound, but this - and what brainheart said - could be an interesting thread of its own).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I hope this won't come across as dismissive - I haven't even read the page brainheart posted, I just wanted to quickly comment - I'd long thought e6 was actually Ni-ish, and e9 was the Si-iest function. There are several older threads discussing this, and I can remember agreeing with those two comparisons when they were presented. (On my phone right now, so I'm not willing to expound, but this - and what brainheart said - could be an interesting thread of its own).

Something worthy of consideration, however statistically speaking, SJs account for most 6s - something like 85% if I'm remembering correctly. (I type this on my phone as I'm sitting next to an e6 ISFJ)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so-last (and maybe sp-first also) theme song?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
vent

people hate me and I'm not even rude, I'm just being myself