• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Social Last Support Group

Permabanned
I'm torn on the matter.
I generally notice individual behavior, and can notice and spot an agenda, but couldn't care less/am oblivious to keeping on eye on that and rather more likely to focus on relationships that are meaningful to me. :shrug:

rav3n

I agree with this, too, and for the most part have been able to do just this. I'm trying now to create my own job, with much more limited success.
That's what worked for me, creating my own job descriptions. An example of what worked for me in one job was as a middle manager at head office, I noticed something detrimental in an area of my interest, to an executive at another branch and rather than going through channels, called him up directly since to go through official channels would have been the channels that failed him in the first place. And rather than trashing those channels, simply explained the end goal problem to him and in appreciation since the problem would have cost him millions, he went full broadcast to the executive committee which resulted in that area of interest being given to me in exchange for an area that I was bored with. Everyone won, including the official channels since they didn't enjoy that area.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yah...I think for me it has to do with any type of government...the rituals and rules that tend to accompany groups of any and all kinds... that are meant to control behavior and conduct... they always feel really limiting and artificial to me. Primarily for reasons I can't even access in myself. In other words, it's never the people themselves...it's always the structure/game. I really liked and agree with your suggestion above that so-last create their own life.
This is why you should start your own business: no rules, no masters...except mouth-breathing government bureaucrats...

Actually, there is no escape until you have enough money. Become rich, starry, and money will set you free. I tell that lesson to children all the time, starry.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A great way to compromise is to partner with people whose gifts and preferences are complementary.

Eww, bring in *more* people? Sounds equally as bad as learning to adapt. I choose adaptability first, people second.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thankfully I’ve never had to deal with one. I don’t really ask for support or advice. Which can be both good and bad I suppose.

To continue the ironic observations, it seems ironic that this is in fact a very valid contribution to this thread.

Rather than opting out, why not offer suggestions for what has worked for you?

I seriously doubt I’m SO last at this point. Most likely I’m SP last. Probably SX/SO. This is the most social anyone will ever see me. IRL I barely interact with 95% of people. Not because I can’t or don’t know how to, but because I simply don’t care to. If it makes me seem like a snob, that’s fine. I’m just an introvert cursed with insight into people and their ways. It’s one of my many contradictory traits. I don’t have any advice to impart.

Bye everyone.

rav3n

I seriously doubt I’m SO last at this point. Most likely I’m SP last. Probably SX/SO. This is the most social anyone will ever see me. IRL I barely interact with 95% of people. Not because I can’t or don’t know how to, but because I simply don’t care to. If it makes me seem like a snob, that’s fine. I’m just an introvert cursed with insight into people and their ways. It’s one of my many contradictory traits. I don’t have any advice to impart.

Bye everyone.
With this in mind, bye.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eww, bring in *more* people? Sounds equally as bad as learning to adapt. I choose adaptability first, people second.
The key is to be selective, and limited. One or two people can make a world of difference, appropriately managed.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I admire the hell out of you guys, but my doubt that I am one of you is only strengthened. ;)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I admire the hell out of you guys, but my doubt that I am one of you is only strengthened. ;)

If that is correct, you're now the rarest 4.
Congratulations, you won!

The prize is a snowflake paper weight. The budget was cut this year. :shrug:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I might be an INTP all along...

...But honestly I think my Fe is so ...nonexistent that it's probably not even in the first four stacks.

An Fi dom would have more Fe than a Ti dom, they just wouldn't ultimately value it over Fi.

Typically in function use tests, the oppositely oriented version of your actual dominant function will be in the top 3-4 functions overall.

Example:
I use Ne - Fi - Ni - Te/Fe/Se - Si

Remember, use or strength is not the same as value.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
An Fi dom would have more Fe than a Ti dom, they just wouldn't ultimately value it over Fi.

Typically in function use tests, the oppositely oriented version of your actual dominant function will be in the top 3-4 functions overall.

Example:
I use Ne - Fi - Ni - Te/Fe/Se - Si

Remember, use or strength is not the same as value.

Wait, do you go with valued functions or skillfully used functions?

... Mine typically goes something like Te/Ti - Si - Fi - Ne in function tests. IDK I think Te and Ti dom should be typically quicker to judge as a judging dom. I don't actually do that as quickly as I like, making Pi most likely a dom.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Wait, do you go with valued functions or skillfully used functions?

... Mine typically goes something like Te/Ti - Si - Fi - Ne in function tests. IDK I think Te and Ti dom should be typically quicker to judge as a judging dom. I don't actually do that as quickly as I like, making Pi most likely a dom.

The difference between valued and skillfully used is a tad muddy, particularly in unbalanced individuals. The real question is: Where do you shine?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Conformity sucks.

Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.