• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Extroverted Sx/Sp?

KutthroatKawaii

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time understanding the contradiction of being, technically speaking, an extrovert and social instinctual variant blindspot person. I understand that introversion and extroversion don't actually have to do with people and level of social interest, but ones relationship to the subjective and objective realities. However, I find it confusing both to know how a so-blind extrovert would navigate their life in terms of fulfillment and development, as well as how to differentiate the blurred lines between them and true introverts -- knowing that they live their lives in pretty stereotypically introverted ways.

How do you truly tell apart an introvert from an extroverted Sx/Sp? How does an extroverted Sx/Sp grow and do life?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know; you tell me!

While the combination of the two typologies seems to work well when we look for basic Enneatype features at certain MBTI type 'samples' -- but instincts..., ehh.

Online, on forums, it's hard to verify the validity. People can write anything but it might turn out later, become revealed in their other posts that their "So blind spot" wasn't as serious or as word-for-word as the descriptions indicate. It's really what it all boils down to and the thing, I believe, most people misunderstand or unconsciously distort to fit their mind's wishes. It's like the dog chasing its tail, our mind always eludes us and uses whatever it's out there, whatever cultural memes, ideological fodder to cover up its blind spots. So in a sense, coming here, suspending our disbelief and taking these theories seriously (taking abstract stuff at face value and downplaying the variable of deceptive online self-representation) is a social action in itself. It's a form of conformity, going with the herd.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's a bit of a mind fuck, isn't it?
Despite what some others see in me here, I am still leaning toward being an extremely withdrawn extrovert. It's super easy for Ne-doms to mistake themselves for introverts, especially when you throw in a withdrawn enneagram type (or two) and Sp-first or I suppose So-last.

Sx/Sp is the "most conflicted" stacking in short because the second instinct is used freely as a tool for attaining security with the first instinct, which is our most fragile instinct. Thus, one can imagine how it may be difficult to attain Sx comfort by using Sp. With either So-blind spot, there will be a push-pull dynamic, but it is markedly more noticeable in Sx/Sp.

An Sx/Sp extrovert, I would imagine, would have a steady nagging desire for more, but would feel a frustration with difficulty in maintaining it. They would find their bursts of Sx engagement stimulating and enjoy brief breaks, which they need, but would quickly yearn for that next hit.

Perhaps the extroverted type would be more impulsive than the introverted type (assuming normal to good health levels in both types). They would probably also search for Sx in multiple sources as opposed to primarily in a partner. I imagine them being more of a wanderer than the introverted counterpart, who would likely take longer breaks between Sx activities.

They can grow by owning their shit and not relying solely on others for fulfilling their desires for both stimulation and space, and by communicating those needs respectfully. Basically, find your own hobbies and don't be a dick.

(Some of this is observation and some speculation. I dated an Sx/Sp for awhile and it was a wild ride that quickly became unenjoyable. I also constantly analyze my own behavior to assess my own instinctual stacking, which I am 95% sure is So-blind).

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Despite what some others see in me here, I am still leaning toward being an extremely withdrawn extrovert. It's super easy for Ne-doms to mistake themselves for introverts, especially when you throw in a withdrawn enneagram type (or two) and Sp-first or I suppose So-last.

Sx/Sp is the "most conflicted" stacking in short because the second instinct is used freely as a tool for attaining security with the first instinct, which is our most fragile instinct. Thus, one can imagine how it may be difficult to attain Sx comfort by using Sp. With either So-blind spot, there will be a push-pull dynamic, but it is markedly more noticeable in Sx/Sp.

An Sx/Sp extrovert, I would imagine, would have a steady nagging desire for more, but would feel a frustration with difficulty in maintaining it. They would find their bursts of Sx engagement stimulating and enjoy brief breaks, which they need, but would quickly yearn for that next hit.

Perhaps the extroverted type would be more impulsive than the introverted type (assuming normal to good health levels in both types). They would probably also search for Sx in multiple sources as opposed to primarily in a partner. I imagine them being more of a wanderer than the introverted counterpart, who would likely take longer breaks between Sx activities.

They can grow by owning their shit and not relying solely on others for fulfilling their desires for both stimulation and space, and by communicating those needs respectfully. Basically, find your own hobbies and don't be a dick.

(Some of this is observation and some speculation. I dated an Sx/Sp for awhile and it was a wild ride that quickly became unenjoyable. I also constantly analyze my own behavior to assess my own instinctual stacking, which I am 95% sure is So-blind).

Sometimes i read your posts and wonder if you are my alter ago who posts when i am sleeping or doing work.

this is very true of my own journey figuring out where i fit within all of these categories. i still don't feel like much of an extravert... or more like i am a failed extravert because i don't do much extraverty things. especially when i compare my energy level to my ESFP or ENFJ friends who sincerely glow from within like they consumed a million fireflies every time they touch another person. ofc, these two examples are also both SX/SO types and that definitely pumps up their E.

Being SX dom can often feel like what I imagine an Oxygen atom feels like. Constantly desiring an intimate bond with someone. and then you achieve those and it's time for SP to be like, yo your valence shells are full! STAWP.

eventually, if all goes well one hopes that their O atom morphs down the line to being a teensy bit closer to a noble gas, but not quite because bonding is still wonderful.

and i think i navigate it just fine until someone with SO in their stack admonishes me for some slight i have given (that i have no idea i did) or some cultural contract i missed signing.

SO things are like when its nighttime and you get that nighttime vision and you can see things better peripherally but when you look right at whatijustsaw then it disappears. i know something is there but i will be damned if i know what it is, what to do with it, or how to dress it. :/

KutthroatKawaii

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

DAMN dude, you nailed it right on the head. I was tested professionally to confirm that I was both ENFP, as well as 7w8 Sx/Sp. I found in my past, when I was younger, that the partners I really liked and wanted in the long run, while they hadn't done anything wrong, I mistook my needs for a lack of connection/problems with us, and ripped things apart. I finally have learned my lesson. I'm connecting with a So/Sx or two right now and signing a lease on an apartment with one, who's also familiar with typology, to open up my field of social access, knowing they'll still respect my space and limitations. Making my own life steady and fulfilled so that I can succeed in my SP ambitions and Sx desires. I live with So/Sp's right now who are VERY judgmental about my So-blindness. I don't actually give a shit, it's simply annoying. But, in the process of self-exploration and hearing all of that judgy nonstop, it started to make me wonder what I could stand to learn. What perspectives I might be able to gain from other extroverted Sx/Sp's and those who have experienced them.

KutthroatKawaii

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes yes and YES! Very good analogies there, not to mention that frustration of watching our ESFP and ExFJ So-secondary friends get pumped in the more traditional extroverted fashion.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DAMN dude, you nailed it right on the head. I was tested professionally to confirm that I was both ENFP, as well as 7w8 Sx/Sp. I found in my past, when I was younger, that the partners I really liked and wanted in the long run, while they hadn't done anything wrong, I mistook my needs for a lack of connection/problems with us, and ripped things apart. I finally have learned my lesson. I'm connecting with a So/Sx or two right now and signing a lease on an apartment with one, who's also familiar with typology, to open up my field of social access, knowing they'll still respect my space and limitations. Making my own life steady and fulfilled so that I can succeed in my SP ambitions and Sx desires. I live with So/Sp's right now who are VERY judgmental about my So-blindness. I don't actually give a shit, it's simply annoying. But, in the process of self-exploration and hearing all of that judgy nonstop, it started to make me wonder what I could stand to learn. What perspectives I might be able to gain from other extroverted Sx/Sp's and those who have experienced them.

What do your roommates judge you about/ how do you describe your so-blindness? Are they both extroverted and so dom?

KutthroatKawaii

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Absolutely. That's a catch that comes along with typology -- that it's a process of discovery, and what you identify with can change over time as our awareness increases (or doesn't?). It's absolutely a form of conformity. Everyone has social instincts, no matter where it falls in stacking and how healthy or unhealthy the drive is expressed. This is part of why I went and got tested by professionals who knew what the hell they were talking about. I wanted to cut out through the bullshit to get a solid foundation. My question here, to be frank, was an invitation to share ideas and experiences. So thanks for yours! :D

Permabanned
just a little...

Seeing the recurring type echo chamber jerkfest plastered all over the forum?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Random: I'm surprised my ISFJ 6 Sp/So coworker can put up with me. We're complete opposites in many ways (I'm basically a bad influence on her because I am so stubborn against authority and incompetence is a huge trigger for me, which we are surrounded by at work, so she hears my rants more than anyone). I think though that it really bothers her to not be liked by anyone - she puts a LOT of effort into maintaining an open social circle and isn't one to burn a bridge.

Meanwhile, I'm setting fires to pillars that hold up the very structure I am standing on.
With this face :dry:

Starry

Seeing the recurring type echo chamber jerkfest plastered all over the forum?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

Ooooh.

*jerks off anyway*

Permabanned
Ooooh.

*jerks off anyway*

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Yurrp, well except the So bit, yep, I'm a Ne-Extrovert and a So dom, however I'm a withdrawn E-type and a total fail at 'extroverting' in the eyes of those around me.

So shouldn't be confused with being social and isn't about "social interest", there is innate social awareness sure, but that doesn't infer a desire to be social. So doms can seem more external and 'light' due to the awareness but being a So blind-spot isn't a contradiction because So =/= social.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yurrp, well except the So bit, yep, I'm a Ne-Extrovert and a So dom, however I'm a withdrawn E-type and a total fail at 'extroverting' in the eyes of those around me.

So shouldn't be confused with being social and isn't about "social interest", there is innate social awareness sure, but that doesn't infer a desire to be social. So doms can seem more external and 'light' due to the awareness but being a So blind-spot isn't a contradiction because So =/= social.

Do you find that you Ne like crazy in your head, but don't always project it? I imagine a lot of weird hypothetical situations, like car accidents, confrontations, and just things that are never going to happen in reality but possibly could (as in not generally super fantasy-like).