• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Questions for sp/so and sp/sx types (aesthetics & networking)

Breathing

So I'm not set on my instinctual variants (but I at least know I'm an sp-dom, that's very clear. Physical comfort, security, and resources are things that are at the core of my desires).
I'm still continuing researching these types. Still trying to compare and review different info to find what "clicks". Even seen the physical identification pictures.

I was just curious about:

1. How do you view networking? Do you only rely on yourself to get things done? Do you see networking as something desirable, necessary, or does the idea repel you?

2. How do you act in a group vs one-on-one? (I think everyone enjoys some one-on-one time. (This question is more about how you look at groups. What are they for to you, how do you want to affect them?)

3. Do you fear that in a relationship that the attraction would die down and you would need to work on long-term connection?

4. If a stranger at a bus stop started chatting with you, how would you look and act? (I'm guessing that sp doms might seem very reserved, but that the second instinct shows differences. Maybe sp/so has a more disarming demeanor and sp/sx seems much more "territorial" or less approachable).

5. How would you describe your aesthetic tastes? Do you notice a difference between the tastes of sp/so and yourself if you are sp/sx (and vice versa)? Do you think sx users have certain traits to their aesthetics at all? I don't know if there is a correlation, but let me know if you've seen a certain trend.

6. With a job, do you want your title to be respected? Do you prefer an obscure job? Does it matter at all if you are making enough money to live and pursue your interests?

Last edited:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not set on my variants either. I've been calling myself so/sp but most people think that I'm an sp/so or even sp/sx, so I guess it's fine if I answer this.

1. How do you view networking? Do you only rely on yourself to get things done? Do you see networking as something desirable, necessary, or does the idea repel you?

I find the concept of networking intimidating and as an introvert it's really hard for me to get myself out there and seek out the connections of other people, even if they are necessary or even helpful. I'm not quite sure if I would call it repulsive, but thinking about it does stress me out. I do rely on only myself to get things done.

2. How do you act in a group vs one-on-one?

I tend to be very quiet in real-life group settings, but I feel more comfortable that way versus one-on-one interactions where I feel more pressure to keep up conversations. Online I prefer group chats or forums because it's easier for me to get my voice out, and private messaging can be uncomfortable unless I really get to know a person.

3. Do you fear that in a relationship that the attraction would die down and you would need to work on long-term connection?

I've never been in a relationship, but I do think about that possibility sometimes and it doesn't worry me. If I get bored of a partner, I think I'd rather just break up with them than bother to work on long-term connection if it doesn't come naturally.

4. If a stranger at a bus stop started chatting with you, how would you look and act?

Well, I would be annoyed on the inside but I would try to be as polite as I can outwardly. I'd probably try to engage in a bit of small talk before finding some excuse to get out of it, like pretending my mother is texting me.

5. How would you describe your aesthetic tastes? Do you notice a difference between the tastes of sp/so and yourself if you are sp/sx (and vice versa)? Do you think sx users have certain traits to their aesthetics at all? I don't know if there is a correlation, but let me know if you've seen a certain trend.

Honestly, I'm not a very aesthetics-minded person. I don't pay much heed to my online avatars and profile pictures, using whatever suits my mood best at the time. In real life I guess I prefer to dress in a sort of alternative or slightly gothic fashion. I haven't paid much attention to the tastes of other people.

6. With a job, do you want your title to be respected? Do you prefer an obscure job? Does it matter at all if you are making enough money to live and pursue your interests?

I would like to have a respected title, but anything that gets me enough money to live comfortably with time for things that I enjoy is acceptable. Having an obscure job sounds like a cool idea, although if I think about it I probably don't want to explain what it is every time I meet someone new and they ask me about my career.

Reading back on these answers I'm highly doubting so/sp for myself now.