• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Which Instinctual Driving Style Do You Use?

Which Driving Instinctual do you Use?

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp - Defensive driver (e.g., slows down and looks both ways at every intersection).
So - Socially conscientious driver (e.g., lets the other driver go first).
Sx - More-or-less dangerous and reckless (e.g. likes to speed, might cut other people off, etc.).

I can be Sp or Sx, depending, and occasionally So. I'm more defensive when I have passengers, more Sx when I am driving by myself.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry, I did not realize that this was such a difficult poll to answer.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think So leading and definitely the Sp second. I don't get the glamour of reckless driving. Drive safe and stay in school and brush your teeth, kids.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does sx really translate to that? couldn't figure 1-on-1 for being that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does sx really translate to that? couldn't figure 1-on-1 for being that.

Sx also translates to enjoying intensity. In relationship contexts it translates to 1-on-1. I believe "intensity" came first because of things I read 25 years ago.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not very sp while driving. I think sx would be my dominant variant. I like speeding and I don't mind doing reckless things such as being on my phone while driving. However, I have some so as well because I try to avoid cutting other people off, because I hate when that happens to me. As well as some other polite shit.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think about traffic flow and the whole system and not just my own car, so its not exactly like being polite because letting someone in front of you can mess things up for the person behind you. It's all about traffic flow, zipper effects when merging, matching speeds, etc.

I actually do blast intense music when driving because it helps me focus. I used to have bad driving anxiety because it was too vivid for me, but now I blast Marilyn Manson and think about traffic flow.

...so I think its sx and sp

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm fairly courteous and gallant while driving in town. I always arrive on time without rushing before others. However, whenever I have the occasion, I hit the gas and let the engine roar. I'm blind to the speedometer when that happens.

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SO:
It's my wife car since I totaled her last one. Don't need another accident involving "our" car.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sp and soc about equally. I'm fully aware that I'm both operating heavy machinery and am moderately kinesthetically retarded.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently I channel all my Sx into road rage.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whichever type yells "Pick a lane asshole!" And
"It's called a turn signal dipshit"

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oops I mis-voted, meant to vote Sx and So, interestingly enough. I didn't think something like a driving style could really be correlated with instincts, but I do realize now I am not very good at always being careful. I don't usually cut people off, sometimes I am too timid; but at the same time, I am usually speeding by about 5mph at the very least, didn't realize that was a problem. I have to make an effort to slow myself down. I have also not been as careful as I should have been, but I have still been safe up till now.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hahahahaha i'm sx and this even reflects in my driving!!

i've never been in an accident but LOL i think i make people a bit nervous when they drive with me.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely sx, particularly when driving alone.

I rarely have passengers and when I do it's close family. In that case, I become defensive, since I actually value their lives.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP for sure