• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx-doms, how often do you have crushes?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unless I'm with someone already, very often ;)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes and no.

It's more like I get these...obsessions. Often involving someone completely unobtainable (eg, historical figure, film/novel character, imaginary person), usually for some ultra-attractive (imo) quality of character or their "presence". Usually in my preferred gender of sexual choice. And then I have to research, investigate, dream about, BECOME that person. Until it burns itself out and/or I find something new to obsess over. I say something, because it's not always a person. For example, one time I obsessed over the concept of Japanese Geisha for months. One other time, it was...vitamins (?). It's more marked by its obsessive quality and need for merging than it is by sexual attraction.

And it changes every few days to every few months. Whenever the next flame comes to my attention. I literally mark my life by who/what I was obsessing over at the time. Depression can drown it, though.

Crushes on real humans? No. They don't even come close. Mundane ordinary humans with all their non-awesome qualities. Those are people with whom I can "work on a relationship". But I find it almost disgraceful to sell my soul to another human being like that. Obsessing over some guy. Falling all over myself. Because "this time it's special". GROSS. Fools. I won't have it. I've been attracted to people before, but never once had the need to obsess.

Other humans simply aren't the higher quality thing I wish to complete me. I'm starting to come to terms with that now when look at my unhappy relationship history.
I have experienced this periodically since I was a child.

Amberiat

Infinity
Very often, if I'm in a relationship it doesn't happen that much because my biggest crush is whoever I'm with at the moment, but otherwise I have romantic fantasies with a lot of different people, pretty detailed and progressive too, from the beginning of the relationship, fights and happy endings all included, I find that pretty weird about myself.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I obsess over a person, a thing, a character for a sporadic amount of time and then move on but it must always be something or I feel a sense of isolation/unease.

skippythecat

Enneagram
9w1
Once a year... but it doesn’t last long. Like 1-2 months.

But this year....it has been five months.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nearly never... generally things go from "you seem interesting" to "i guess we are probably together now" without me being sure how i feel about someone... getting emotionally wrapped up in someone you aren't with feels like a waste of energy... i guess sometimes feelings happen without permission though (i hear that's a thing)...

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
um, one after another all throughout my teen years, up into 'emerging adulthood' (until about age 20-21). I went through a bout of depression after that, and I lost interest in a lot of things, and isolated myself quite a bit, for a few years. Now it's not quite as often.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still more often than I care to admit :shrug: acting on them is another matter entirely.

I guess I've just become more... cautious lately. Because sometimes, the best eye candy contains the deadliest poison.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Still more often than I care to admit :shrug: acting on them is another matter entirely.

I guess I've just become more... cautious lately. Because sometimes, the best eye candy contains the deadliest poison.

Somethings got to kill you. It might as well be sexy. :shrug:

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
currently, none
kind of just "waiting"

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be really nice, in threads like this, if only actual SX doms answered.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have that many crushes. I have deep, obsessive crushes.

The only way I can get over someone for whom I've sxed is to completely and fully fall in love with someone new.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Crushes" have always hit me looooong and haaaaarrrd. Even as a child I'd become obsessed and in love with a little boy with brown eyes for a few years after meeting him for two weeks because he held my hand when I cried in gym class and gave me love notes on Ding Dong wrappers. I would write about him in my diary at the top of an apple tree. Always years, always deep, hard, tragic, sad, unrequited.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I don't really get crushes, at most I get feelings I barely notice if anything. I see a possibility or potential in someone who interests me a bit. I get intrigued with people but I often find that don't share my interest so I have to just forget about them, again. Which is boring.

But when I do fall in love? actually? It's very obsessive and intense. So I think I'd rather not. Cuz it also leaves me vulnerable to unpleasant outcomes. Especially if unrequited. Can waste a lot of time..

Do I love it though? If it's requited? Admittedly yes. For as long as it lasts anyway. It brings some magic back into my life, a magic that is rarely there, for the time it is experienced.