User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Lack of A Tribe

All environments are invisible. So we don’t see our environment here, which is an electronic tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Guitar Wankery View Post
    My idea of social cohesion is more than the polite acquaintanceships that are the best most people can hope for in modern society.
    What are you looking for - David Koresh?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    All environments are invisible. So we don’t see our environment here, which is an electronic tribe.
    You’re an electronic tribe.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    You’re an electronic tribe.
    This is called gaslighting .

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This is called gaslighting .
    This is called trolling.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    461 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ti

@Typh0n , it's not having transactions is problematic but measuring worth. Worth is the key word here. If someone can have way lower of way higher worth than others, then there you have the tear in the fabric of the communion. Capitalism allows these impossible exaggerations in worth to happen, perhaps for one's desire to vindicate having been wronged. A system should be in place to not allow this system of numbers and values to be exploited by people's psychological drives.
    Tritype 461: 4w3 So shy narcissism + 6w7 Sx the overt cerebral + 1w2 Sp the covert somatic narcissist

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

I don't think I'm an So dom (I'm pretty sure I'm either Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx, probably the former), but I just wanted to say that I relate to everything you said. I live in the US, too, and I've often envied the people of other countries that have more of a distinctive, cohesive culture. I think these unifying forces provide a healthy backdrop of stability and enhance group identification so that people are less politically and socially divided because there's more agreement on values and goals. I also think that nations, especially when they're larger than a few million people, result in a government that's too far removed from the needs of the population and a fractured population that splinters off into numerous factions.

On the other hand, I wonder if those of us living in the US today sometimes romanticize the tribal life because the flip side of it is that there's not as much room for privacy or individual identity under those conditions, and people who don't conform can be condemned or ostracized. Not that that doesn't go on in the US right now because it does, but in general, freedom to do your own thing is highly prized and encouraged in this country as compared to many others in which you can actually be killed just because you don't adhere to the dominant religion or whatnot.

I wish we could find a happy medium. I've often thought the small-town pre-industrial life was the closest we ever came to this ideal in the US. I would happily take part in an experimental community similar to the one portrayed in M. Night Shyamalan's The Village, minus the secrecy, lies, and manipulation, of course.

By the way, you said that you don't relate to most descriptions of So doms, but it's my understanding from what I've read and observed that dom instinct is expressed quite differently by people of each type. From what I understand, some So doms can be preoccupied with broader social issues rather than the latest office gossip or whatever.
    Likes The Tsarevich liked this post