• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Is your second instinctual weak, mid-range, or strong?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Typewatch Enneagram

Mine must be "the wanderer." I had a hard time distinguishing between Sx and Sp back when I was trying to decide on one.

"sx/sp wanderer (strong sp) - the most classically 'blocked' of the sx's, often exchanging intimacy in favor of the more immediate pleasures of the body. paradoxically the most wandering and restless of the sx/sp's. pulls from sp/so to ensure the sx flood is contained by the sp levee, which can provide a sense of stability at the expense of seeming put off by others. Sex can mean a hollow satisfying of the instinct while more vulnerable feelings are suspended. Quietly charged but muted, and can seem self pres first."

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Going by the descriptions id say im a mid range So/Sp

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm midrange sp/sx, "The Binger."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say I'm between 'fireside' and 'flirter' aka high to midrange for my natural habitat.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
sp/sx binger (midline) - can 'hang out' around likeminded persons to imbibe in favorite goodies, though social interaction itself is not a priority. they do however remain slyly conscious of interpersonal attraction, even if characteristically hesitant to make a first move. whether alone or not, retains an air of privacy, reluctant to 'come out' of themselves.

Yep, this is me.

Ayuhime

sp/so weakside (strong soc) - draws from so/sx to produce what is overall a lighter, friendlier, and more humor employing style within self pres (though funny through conscious effort and without much irony, unlike strongsiders who are relatively less aware of how they're perceived). can seem more sociable than many so/sp's, and better embodying of a common touch. a notable degree of social consciousness tempers their more private security seeking instinct, so not surprisingly weaksiders can seem soc first, often with a certain generous or self sacrificial quality. the self deprecator, the sidekick, the philanthropist.

Strong soc sp/so most likely as I mistakenly typed as soc/sx and soc/sp before. I can be rather friendly and "lighter" often if I try to, which I do since it makes things go smoother, but in reality, neither a partner -as in romantic partner- or actual social ladder interests me. I would just like to focus on my own stuff and just have enough connection to outside world enough to have some friends to occasionally be in contact with so I don't feel all too isolated in my cave as well as to get my needs and wants I would need some credibility for whatever job I land on. I also like to talk about social problems quite a bit yet when left to my own devices, I don't care as much about them. Sx topics bores me most, though.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sp/sx binger (midline) - can 'hang out' around likeminded persons to imbibe in favorite goodies, though social interaction itself is not a priority. they do however remain slyly conscious of interpersonal attraction, even if characteristically hesitant to make a first move. whether alone or not, retains an air of privacy, reluctant to 'come out' of themselves.
quote: "all things in moderation, including moderation." - This is pretty much my life motto.
role: the soloist, the mercenary
exemplars: kobe bryant, anthony bourdain, simon cowell, robert deniro, harrison ford, ralph nader
fictional from star wars: han solo

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
quote: "all things in moderation, including moderation." - This is pretty much my life motto.
role: the soloist, the mercenary
exemplars: kobe bryant, anthony bourdain, simon cowell, robert deniro, harrison ford, ralph nader
fictional from star wars: han solo

Consider 9w8 over 9w1 for your enneagram type, based on the above.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Between Flirter and Coolside sx/so. Probably Flirter.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Probably this:

"sx/sp seducer (weak sp) - sx in full command produces an active recruiter of potential mates; but being sx/sp this remains in the yin mode of seducing. charismatic and overtly sexualized, arguably the most purely sx of all stacks and ranges. draws from so/sx shadow to liven up sx into an erotic playfulness and to keep sx far ahead of their relatively nominal sp. an emotional yearning to their mating ritual; an inherently unstable range that can lead to a pattern of serial heartbreak. often confused for sx/so."

Some will disagree, but I don't think soc is right for me (soc doesn't equal socialize and I'm actually a hermit anyway).

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
weak... interesting...

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
soc/sx

This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings. They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart. This may give the impression of being flighty and rootless, willing to adapt and mirror others in order to connect, but lacking a defined approach that would give their relationships a more solid standing. They may have political interests, but are generally more pragmatic and less partisan than the other social variant. They are often attuned to pop culture and the latest trends. This type's motivation is to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."

Sadly, I'm not sure there's the weak/mid-range/strong session for the So/Sx, so it is hard to say what I am.

I think midline most likely.

quote: "all things in moderation, including moderation." role: the soloist, the mercenary

exemplars: kobe bryant, anthony bourdain, simon cowell, robert deniro, harrison ford, ralph nader fictional from star wars: han solo

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
True. My So instinstict is more about knowing what is going on around than trully wanting to belong somewhere.

so/sp formal (strong sp) - pulls from sp/sx for a more self contained style. soc while still primary, is muted; can seem critical and more impersonal than the other ranges. a usual focus on topics, issues, and responsibilities affecting specific levels of society. usually well connected, but in informal settings may let others do most of the talking. can seem self pres at first glance. the pundit, the judge, the commentator. george will, larry king, bill maher, bill o'reilly, helen clark, jesse ventura, margaret thatcher.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As near as I can tell, I am still sx/soc, with a strong social. To me social doesn't revolve around having friends, but more of having social awareness.

Although I don't take typewatch seriously, this is true of me when I really think about it:

coolside sx/so - strong sx, strong soc, weak sp. pulls from so/sp secondary, political activist streak, 'cooled' by soc with some intellectual reserve, channels sx into social causes.

It didn't use to be true of me--I hated activists as self-righteous assholes who talked at you (rather than to you), and I couldn't be bothered with social causes cause I was too busy doing my own thing.

But I've matured, and now I pretty much want to be an activist and work for social causes for the entire rest of my life. :/ Go figure.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm a "formal style" so/sp, or one whose sp is nearly as strong as the so. I've typed as sp/so for a very long time, actually, so that makes sense. I relate to wanting to keep my distance when it comes to certain issues to maintain my comfort, while still being attuned to my environment in the so-first sort of way.

Almost equal I think. I think I’m sx/sp or sp/sx. My e5 and e4 are practically even and honestly I could just as easily be 4w5. I score close to T on my F. I’m just a ball of indecisiveness. lol

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally, I'm midrange so/sp.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Let's try this again:

sp/sx decadent (strong sx) - sp at its most saturated with sx; self-attending ways are offset by a wilder outgoing streak, reaching outside themselves then pulling back. noticable 'sx-y' quality, often enough to pass for sx first.
quote: "what is my life, without the things I love?"
pulls from: sx/so, to enhance sx
role: the sensualist, the hedonist