• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] What's your Sx-type? and how it makes a diff?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about involving some people in a group discussion about the Sx-instinct. Y'all know there're still misconceptions out there but first-hand experience is always the best. There's an understanding within Enneagram that perhaps even one's "centers" (head, gut, heart) can have diff. "instinctual" dispositions but usually one only indicates 1 enneatype and then the instinct. Say, my case Sx/Sp 1. So I'd like to know if any of you have encountered a non-Sx of the same enneatype (e.g. So/Sp 1) and if you're able to relate the difference.

For instance, I joined a group about activism. We had shared values about in what the world should be changed but I always lagged behind the group and they were superior in knowing the news, the latest corruption scandals, keeping in touch with other activist groups, etc. I was more focused on reforming individuals one by one, instead of thinking ahead to do crowd protests.

Additionally, if you can discern another trait of yours that is still influenced by your Sx and see if you can tell the difference between another one has it without. In my case Sp/Sx 6: me being an out-of-the-box thinker, aware of an authority but prioritize my own assessment instead. Wanting to have my own community instead of clinging to an already existing one, as an So/Sp 6 would. (Or not) What do you think?

Last edited:

bluejay

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Gut triad SX seems like they have a penchant for being a bit of a... 'firebrand'. I need to explore more to confirm if this is correct.

However, SX seems to have fire/softness dichotomy, so they can be softer than the other subtypes in certain situations as well...

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gut triad SX seems like they have a penchant for being a bit of a... 'firebrand'. I need to explore more to confirm if this is correct.

However, SX seems to have fire/softness dichotomy, so they can be softer than the other subtypes in certain situations as well...

where did you get that info? What's a "firebrand?"

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Google awaits.

Merriam-Webster says agitator. Not that it's always the case. But since society's covert complicity turns blind eye so often, allowing violent, unfair structures, cultural attitudes to reify, things need to be shaken up every now and then.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Your instincts do not change through your fixes. Instinctual stack is the most deeply ingrained part of one's personality and is an approach to life. If you relate to a particular stack description on your core e-type but not through your fixes, either your fixes or your stack are wrong.

KutthroatKawaii

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non-sexual 7's seem to be the compulsive world traveling, party animal, experience-junkies who stereotypically don't want to dive deep or open up. But when focused or producing for the world light it up and open up possibilities for others.

As a sexual 7, especially Sx/Sp, my thrills come from my own subjective world reacting to external concepts as well as in relation to the subjective worlds of others I care about deeply.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non-sexual 7's seem to be the compulsive world traveling, party animal, experience-junkies who stereotypically don't want to dive deep or open up. But when focused or producing for the world light it up and open up possibilities for others.

As a sexual 7, especially Sx/Sp, my thrills come from my own subjective world reacting to external concepts as well as in relation to the subjective worlds of others I care about deeply.

I remember something about this Naranjo guy, calling the So 7s counter-gluttony types. Which is pretty much the opposite of what you've wrote. I'm sure anyone can get a good thrill out of their subjective world being shaken by "external concepts" as well as is relation to the subjective world of others they care about deeply. On this planet we rock each others' worlds..., don't we?

KutthroatKawaii

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember something about this Naranjo guy, calling the So 7s counter-gluttony types. Which is pretty much the opposite of what you've wrote. I'm sure anyone can get a good thrill out of their subjective world being shaken by "external concepts" as well as is relation to the subjective world of others they care about deeply. On this planet we rock each others' worlds..., don't we?

Yes, they delude themselves in a somewhat 2-like way of "All I do for these people". They flit from one group/cause to another quickly, grow distressed about it, and flee to the next one. From what I understand they tend to think it's that martyrdom gone unappreciated that causes the unrest, but the reality is 7 fear. What I was really trying to illustrate is that other type 7's are more "out there" and more what you imagine when you read a 7 description, whereas a sexual 7 is comparatively moody and withdrawn.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, they delude themselves in a somewhat 2-like way of "All I do for these people". They flit from one group/cause to another quickly, grow distressed about it, and flee to the next one. From what I understand they tend to think it's that martyrdom gone unappreciated that causes the unrest, but the reality is 7 fear. What I was really trying to illustrate is that other type 7's are more "out there" and more what you imagine when you read a 7 description, whereas a sexual 7 is comparatively moody and withdrawn.

Well social 7s I think tend to be more out there but don't go wild so much. Just your keepin' it cool type of funny party guy. Who may even try to persuade you that they have a life outside of the carnival, they have it together, some may even go for "green" causes like protecting nature while at the same time collecting votes for legalizing marijuana and other "healing herbs." I agree that Sx 7s can be more moody and... when they go to a party, they go in all bohemian, all carpe diem, and it's playful fun, drugs, threesome, instead of an Sx 4's decadent indulgence. Withdrawn aspect? Naaa... I think you can see Sx 7s in theatres much. I think at an open folkdance night I encountered a woman like that, I could feel that she has that wild side but at the same time owning it up very much, serious, self-conscious about it, holding it back because of, you know, having it experienced go too far.

About Sx/Sp 7 in particular I don't know. Am not sure if that combination really exists or not. I believe I have an Sp/Sx w7, meaning that as an Sp/So 3 I'm a miser, a stingy person but my Sp/Sx 7 comes in with a twisted grotesque humor and also complements with a cunning resourcefulness, an opportunism about where to find cheaper offers, etc. I imagine social 7s may also like variety, like I do, going out to more kinds of events, however they may not be as careful with the money or as careful with who they let in, make friends with.
But ofc this depends on other personality facets.