• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Are there any Gut-type Sx/Sp-s here?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So.

The way I figure it: the heart type Sx/Sps are intimately into sharing deep emotions, esp. think negative emotions should be expressed, given way; head type Sx/Sp-s are into really following the other's train of thought, the confidentiality to give flow btw the two, like two scientists passionately working on a project; and the gut-type Sx/Sps are supposed to... uuhm, be into penetrating the corporeal, physical reality?

Like, I'm always more interested in ppl's body habbits and how they cover it up. How much they eat, how much money they spend on things, superficialities, being veiled by the excuses they give for those actions. Like saying you're going golfing but then wind up in a bar to shower your liver with some toxic excesses of booze just because that helps the Fe going in a group setting. Ppl's greed and also their sexuality. Anything under the facade of emotions or intellectualized rationalizations. But thru time I've become aware that people can't really enjoy some activities without giving a superficial layer of meaning. Like if I want sex, then I want sex but ppl tend to give all kinds of other reasons, like they can only feel like having sex when XY turns out to empathize with Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Or both are passionately into stamp collection, the theme of which colors their sex.

Is there anyone here who gets this? Perhaps related to my 6 as well. That doubt about social expression. We're supposed to get on with each other, make friendships, chit-chat, etc., whereas no one's really expected to bring in the politics into the picture, the economy that actually separates us. Social stratification. Silent exclusions. You love somebody very much but how much are you spending on them? This whole understructure of corporeal realities giving way to uperstructures of mind, emotions emerge over, but which, at the same time is always neglected (prosaic, profane) always have to be a side concern. Like feminism, nobel ideal but aren't we all men, in a sense guardians, from birth of "our" women, from other potential (group/nation of) men? The difference in physical strength will make it problematic since there's still physical threat from humans in the world (terrorists, sex hungry immigrants, etc).

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i fit the category... can you slim the convoluted preamble into some direct questions? i am not positive what you are looking to find out...

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm confused too. I relate most to 8w9 sx/sp though.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Being interested in people's body habits sounds like how my ISFJ (SEI) Sp/So 6w5 brother-in-law makes conversation.
Yet, having Self Preservation as my first instinct as well, I'm allergic to these types of topics. And I'm a body type!!!

Methinks this has something to do with Si.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Hmmm, I dunno... I kind of feel like you don't really get people who are different than you. That's not to say that your observations on gut types aren't accurate though.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i fit the category... can you slim the convoluted preamble into some direct questions? i am not positive what you are looking to find out...

Like, since I'm 1 and my 1ness has this "social blind spot," the way I tend to be anal about self-preservation and doing things perfectly is more of this "control freak"-thing they say about overstressed INFPs when they try to be leaders. I'm frustrated with having to wait for groups, to get from, say, one pub to the other. Crowds are generally slow and ineffective. And I, perhaps related to 4ness want to be vigilant (E6) all the time so ppl really can't really persuade me to drink alcohol, to smoke, even I refuse to drink fizzy drinks, coke, etc... It's like I have my own rhythm to do things, I tend to be a slow eater like most INFPs but in a group, say, in a restaurant people tend to prolong eating, order more food, whereas I'm keenly aware of my budget, more than that I'm downright stingy when it comes to keeping the group harmony and following others (say, to tours, concerts, whatever the group comes up with). I'm less reliant on infrastructure so I give excuses and use the stairs instead of the lift. Don't really get why ppl spend on fitbit and gym when you can work out at home, using your own body weight. Not that I do work out a lot.....

So taking these examples.... what asynchronies / differences from the avg social do you see in your life, related to the gut sphere?

I value "natural" (I know it's subjective...) a lot, like I fit the Beatrice Chestnut description, I'm creepily liberal about my sexuality. [MENTION=33816]biohazard[/MENTION] - is it something you relate to? I don't know if it relates to my 4 but I'm honest to a fault. Compared to other INFPs it appears that I have a higher sex drive. Like, I think this whole theory should help me find these open minded people to get hooked up more easily, hahaha xDDDD But from a broader perspective, I don't think I'm more addicted to or wanting of sex, it's just that I manifest it more openly. 3 times a week ought not to be a big deal. Still, ppl get the wrong idea all the time so they back off. It's like I have to approach things more from the emotional perspective, sugarcoat it or really just talk about hobbies, interests first, then somehow using that as an "excuse" or mediation or apropos let sex happen with a tacit consent. But that's the thing, I'm anxious if the bodily things are not talked about. Why are we hiding it? Isn't that the reason of all corporate greed, corruption, misrepresentation of materialism? Nevertheless, ppl freak out most of the time, they just can't believe that emotions, intellectual things are also important for me, only that I don't put them on the forefront.

- - - Updated - - -

Being interested in people's body habits sounds like how my ISFJ (SEI) Sp/So 6w5 brother-in-law makes conversation.
Yet, having Self Preservation as my first instinct as well, I'm allergic to these types of topics. And I'm a body type!!!

Why are you allergic to them? Can you give an example?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i figured i would explain why i never awnsered... i asked for direct questions and and recieved a paragraph of examples that looked just as convoluted as what i had asked for clarification on the first time... if you need examples, divide each with paragraphs followed by more specific questions...

what i thought of it is best explained with an illustration.... i thought it was like being shown forty necklaces tied in a knot, and then being asked what they meant...

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i figured i would explain why i never awnsered... i asked for direct questions and and recieved a paragraph of examples that looked just as convoluted as what i had asked for clarification on the first time... if you need examples, divide each with paragraphs followed by more specific questions...

what i thought of it is best explained with an illustration.... i thought it was like being shown forty necklaces tied in a knot, and then being asked what they meant...

1 specific question, then: what difference does having an Sx/Sp gut type make when you are in a group of So/Sp gut type people?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1 specific question, then: what difference does having an Sx/Sp gut type make when you are in a group of So/Sp gut type people?

oh... that is much better, thanks =)....

well, i guess most of the time i don't talk... i am triple withdrawn, so that may be a factor... i find they all have a more natural flow and get used to me being quiet, so they don't leave good spaces open for me to talk in... eventually i get bored and turn my attention to things like food or drink... i may make excuses to excuse myself periodically... with people like that who know me it is sometimes better... they will ask me questions so that the group pauses for me, or they will leave me spaces to fill... if it is a large group i try to segment it sometimes to make it easier... i like to draw one to two people off to interact with when i can... preferably just one or two... i do better in groups of so types when there is an activity or conversation focuses on topics where my experience/knowledge is deferred to... that is all assuming i was unable/unwilling to make an excuse not to join the group... i don't like participating in groups where i don't feel people listen unless there is some reason they are entertaining to me, or where i have no clear goal... things like concerts amd rainbow gatherings are groups where i feel more at home... more so than groups like house parties or eating out at a restraunt...

have any other questions?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh... that is much better, thanks =)....

well, i guess most of the time i don't talk... i am triple withdrawn, so that may be a factor... i find they all have a more natural flow and get used to me being quiet, so they don't leave good spaces open for me to talk in... eventually i get bored and turn my attention to things like food or drink... i may make excuses to excuse myself periodically... with people like that who know me it is sometimes better... they will ask me questions so that the group pauses for me, or they will leave me spaces to fill... if it is a large group i try to segment it sometimes to make it easier... i like to draw one to two people off to interact with when i can... preferably just one or two... i do better in groups of so types when there is an activity or conversation focuses on topics where my experience/knowledge is deferred to... that is all assuming i was unable/unwilling to make an excuse not to join the group... i don't like participating in groups where i don't feel people listen unless there is some reason they are entertaining to me, or where i have no clear goal... things like concerts amd rainbow gatherings are groups where i feel more at home... more so than groups like house parties or eating out at a restraunt...

have any other questions?

That sounds like a classical INTJ Sp/Sx 5. Except E9 INTJs I think are rare. Other than, I couldn't find anything in your description to indicate an Sx/Sp gut type, so far...

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well the red gives it away. The E8 lust in the avatar. Still, it's hard to imagine any lonewolfyness among the leader, extroverted, opportunistic ENTJs... haha. :D

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Haha, really? There's something written about that... that the 2ndary instinct is handled with less preoccupation, more "creatively," thus that is shown more easily on the surface... although I guess that should be taken more figuratively. I have a very SP mindset, say, regarding money, but in not all areas I preserve my health before taking risks. So why are you irritated by health topics? Do you feel you get less from life by carefully adhering to a strict balance?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 sx/sp here. I can be a social chameleon in situations that call for it, but it's not my favorite thing to do. I can only do it so much, I can never sustain any convo about something I have zero interest in, regardless.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds like a classical INTJ Sp/Sx 5. Except E9 INTJs I think are rare. Other than, I couldn't find anything in your description to indicate an Sx/Sp gut type, so far...

i am iNtP, 9w1 5w6 4w5 sx/sp, ili Ni

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am 162 Sx/So

I guess one of the biggest things is it makes me desire a group discussion less. I seek people who seem to be cool from surface level group conversation before taking them into a private messaging sort of chat, where it is 1x1 and feels far more personal. I like to know the depths of people and what makes them tick. I think I am more serious than most ENFPs due to my tritype. My 6 makes me paranoid and distrustful of people, so I don't choose people to open up to so quickly.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am 162 Sx/So

I guess one of the biggest things is it makes me desire a group discussion less. I seek people who seem to be cool from surface level group conversation before taking them into a private messaging sort of chat, where it is 1x1 and feels far more personal. I like to know the depths of people and what makes them tick. I think I am more serious than most ENFPs due to my tritype. My 6 makes me paranoid and distrustful of people, so I don't choose people to open up to so quickly.

Yea, I've seen two ENFP youtubers out there that were clearly emanating that 'heavier' vibe and talked more seriously about life and experiences. But isn't there something about Sx/So's that makes them run for the hills if someone demands their attention too much? Ghost ppl?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 sx/sp here. I can be a social chameleon in situations that call for it, but it's not my favorite thing to do. I can only do it so much, I can never sustain any convo about something I have zero interest in, regardless.

But being an ESFP makes up for having loads of friends. I still don't get how they turn lonewolfs... and besides, isn't it just normal that ppl zone out of convos if not interested?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But being an ESFP makes up for having loads of friends. I still don't get how they turn lonewolfs... and besides, isn't it just normal that ppl zone out of convos if not interested?

Well just because someone is ESFP doesn't mean they have lots of friends... but that said I find it pretty easy to make acquaintances. I suppose it is normal for people to zone out of convos if not interested, but as far as social skills go being able to maintain any situation would be ideal. That's more what I was getting at. I know people who can carry on convos about anything and everything, not something I want to dedicate the energy toward.

As far as being a lonewolf goes, it's pretty simple how ESFPs become a lonewolf. Once you find that the people around you are not the right people for you, assuming there are zero, I would rather do my own thing than maintain fake relationships like that. I have done the lone wolf mode a few times in my life.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's INTJ in MBTI. So on which Enneagrams is your Sx focused? And how it makes a difference?

i guess i haven't considered my sx/sp as directly linked to one aspect or another... if i was to break it down a bit, i would do so like this: 9w1 sx/sp 5w6 sp 4w5 sx...