• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Negative identification

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am not sure which type is my core yet (although I am pretty sure I am tritype 461). I have come across instincts and how they add a lot to the basic description of a type and I've read the subtypes descriptions by Beatrice Chestnut and the material available by Katherine Fauvre.

1) I think I may be a dom So with negative identification. I would have never guess that, since I feel so misantrophic all the time, but 4 so, 6 so and 1 so better describe the core me, not the one I am today, which is more towards sp 461.

Due to negative experiences as a child, the negatively identified social instinctual type sees himself or herself as somewhat of a loner and often wants to avoid grouping of any kind because he or she feels that others will exclude him or her or that he or she will be cast out. This negatively identified social instinctual type is more inclined to be misanthropic. He or she may report that he or she hates people, parties or groups. They usually do not realize that they are the social instinctual type because they are unaware that their attention is focused on people and what others are doing rather than their resources or their designated favorite.

2) I think my sx is strong but lately my sp is through the roof and in general I think it's second, although, again, with negative identification.

The negatively identified self-preserving instinctual type will feel a sense of lack and that they can never have enough resources, and that the resources they do have could be taken away by some sort of catastrophe.

3) I only desire meaningful social contacts... I love to have a deep bond with friends but I generally don't feel that desirable, both in a sexual and social way. (though I experience a lot of anger for this: "why don't you see how interesting I really am???")
Could this be both negative so and negative sx or negative so and positive sx?
I think this could actually fit:

One important point of interest is what happens when you are positively identified with the last instinctual type in your instinctual stacking. In this case, our third instinctual type still needs to mature and become more balanced and a part of our decision-making processes but it does not cause the same level of anxiety as the third type, with a negative identification. As such, it is easier to develop it than when we have a positive identification with the last instinctual type in our stacking.

When reading all subtypes, I see myself in almost all of them but I do think I am so first. Sx and Sp seem to have the same importance for me but could this be because sp is second but I am negatively identified with it and sx, while being third, I am positevely identified with?

Sorry if this is confusing, it is for me as well. Maybe this could also help me understand my core type... who knows. I appreciate your inputs.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not sure which type is my core yet (although I am pretty sure I am tritype 461). I have come across instincts and how they add a lot to the basic description of a type and I've read the subtypes descriptions by Beatrice Chestnut and the material available by Katherine Fauvre.

1) I think I may be a dom So with negative identification. I would have never guess that, since I feel so misantrophic all the time, but 4 so, 6 so and 1 so better describe the core me, not the one I am today, which is more towards sp 461.

2) I think my sx is strong but lately my sp is through the roof and in general I think it's second, although, again, with negative identification.

3) I only desire meaningful social contacts... I love to have a deep bond with friends but I generally don't feel that desirable, both in a sexual and social way. (though I experience a lot of anger for this: "why don't you see how interesting I really am???")
Could this be both negative so and negative sx or negative so and positive sx?
I think this could actually fit:

When reading all subtypes, I see myself in almost all of them but I do think I am so first. Sx and Sp seem to have the same importance for me but could this be because sp is second but I am negatively identified with it and sx, while being third, I am positevely identified with?

Sorry if this is confusing, it is for me as well. Maybe this could also help me understand my core type... who knows. I appreciate your inputs.

We may be able to rule out Sx easily. You may try to see if you have a wing 5 somewhere. Whether that 5 gives you a connection to 8. And if that 8 makes you act transgressive at times or that just you dare hazard risking your ("non-existent") social status, worsen your neutral social image by acting out, becoming exhibitionistic for a cause you can't compromise on.