• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Am I Sx/So or So/Sx? [2w1]

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am unsure as to which one I am. For many people who know me, I definitely do strike them as the So-dominant garden variety, the buddy-buddy of all buddies. Friends to all and enemy to maybe a few, but definitely someone who enjoys harmony within the relationship I am in, whether it's one other person or within an established group. I detest hostility and aggression between parties and would rather people seek peace and extending the olive branch. The reason I did thought of myself as an Sx-dominant is because I am, deep beneath this veneer, a person who desires a life spent with absolute intensity. Things like, friendship, love, romance, self discovery (sexual or otherwise), expanding my own mind, I was and still am someone who lets these things swallow me whole and experience them as all-encompassing. I had to teach myself to not dial up the bond between me and someone else if they did not feel the same way.. I had to learn to put a leash on myself, essentially. I can't just "like" something.. I either love it and become obsessed, or hate it and toss it without a care.

Sp, overall, is something I do, in some ways, can relate to. I do love stability, and safety, and I don't do well in physically threatening situations. Even if it seems fun from afar, I'd rather just not.. Unless I'm in a strange sort of mood where I enter a devil-may-care state of mind and I throw all caution in the wind, and over indulge myself in things, people, and situations that I really shouldn't. But that's a novel for another day.

What do you think?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so/sx because you come across as synflow. I don't know you too well though.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm from our interactions you do strike me as a very So dom kinda person as you seem more concerned with group harmony than Sx stuff plus you are syn flow not contra flow and contra would be Sx/So and syn So/Sx.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so/sx because you come across as synflow. I don't know you too well though.

Hmmm from our interactions you do strike me as a very So dom kinda person as you seem more concerned with group harmony than Sx stuff plus you are syn flow not contra flow and contra would be Sx/So and syn So/Sx.

Thank you, you two.

Which one do you take more seriously? Which one is more carefree and silly?

Those are some good questions, Peter. I think I take the Sx part more seriously while I use So as a way to be silly with other people. This is just, of course, my own opinion of my own set behaviors, and to other people I do believe that I come across differently than I think I do.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A Sx 2 needs to be desired, (if they feel like it) they'll do anything for others, however, there is an expectation that the other person will be there for them if they need something from them in return, it's a strategic kind of helpfulness. They're seductive and want to be wanted, they'll be the perfect partner. Picture Carmen, as the classic female seductress. They want, well, everything, and can present as the 'dumb blonde' to draw others desire.

A So 2 on the other hands could never be characterised as a dumb blonde, they need to be 'somebody'. They're more likely to seek a position of influence and be a leader of a group. They're the most 'adult' 2s who seduce through being intelligent in groups. Compared to other 2s they can come across a bit stuffy. They have ambition and want to be important.

So what do you notice more in yourself, feeling annoyed when someone you've helped out doesn't repay because they were expected to be grateful and pay you back, or do you have a desire to be important and feel pride in being able to lead the group using your intelligence?

For comparasons sake, the Sp 2 is the one who more than anything needs to be loved for being themselves. They're the childlike 2. It's a naked need for love and appears more 4ish, they're less trusting, more fearful, playful and irresponsible. They want others to take care of them.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what do you notice more in yourself, feeling annoyed when someone you've helped out doesn't repay because they were expected to be grateful and pay you back, or do you have a desire to be important and feel pride in being able to lead the group using your intelligence?

The first one, for sure.