• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] So/sx or sx/so?

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... Or something else entirely? The so/sx description resonates with me a lot but I've been browsing other threads in this section and now I'm not so sure. I've also noticed most 4w5s don't tend to be so-dominant. So I'm curious.

Is there a more definitive way to find out? Certain preferences? Any questions I can ask myself that would help?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'll respond more in-depth after I've gotten some IRL sleep.

The first thing I'll say is that so-dominant doesn't necessarily mean having a wide social circle or wanting hoards of friends. (I think that most introverts in general wouldn't be inclined to want those things that badly anyway, leading to mistypes. I thought I was sx/so for a long time because of that.)

To be continued...

Kelly777

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read somewhere that so/sx tends to be more sweet and smiley where sx/so is more intense. Also in photos sx/so always looks like they are up to something naughty.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was confused whether I'm so/sx or sx/so, because I seem sweet and nice and consider myself a smiley lady, and have kind of a baby face..
but I'm actually not that sweet if you get to know me more, I'm quick tempered, have kind of serious and sharp look when my face is neutral, specially if I'm in a middle of people that I don't know, and there's my teacher who used to call me "eagle eye", and also I like the villains and intense personalities when I'm watching a movie, I just like watching them and I don't think I can ever fit to a role of a nice or sweet lady if I have ever given the chance to be actress for instance, I feel I'm too intense for playing these roles so I assume that's I'm sx/so with a slight sx over so

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think so-dom can commonly be kind of counterphobic, especially 4's. So dom doesn't mean one is involved in tons of stuff, it can mean being aware of the social elements but also being super self conscious of not easily fitting into any of those things. So so-dom can isolate because of that. Like, the hyper focus/awareness makes one withdraw. With 4 I think there's an awareness of it but shame in knowing it's not really 'you'. Like, being good at picking up those things but shying away from it too, or not liking it. Being bothered on some level by not fitting in/having a 'group' of peers, but also never forcing it and staying true to self (the 4 does). 4 so-dom I think is often called a 'social critic', if I remember correctly. A bit of an outsider but also yeah, ability to be 'sweet' and get along well with others, in day to day stuff/on the job.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was confused whether I'm so/sx or sx/so, because I seem sweet and nice and consider myself a smiley lady, and have kind of a baby face..
but I'm actually not that sweet if you get to know me more, I'm quick tempered, have kind of serious and sharp look when my face is neutral, specially if I'm in a middle of people that I don't know, and there's my teacher who used to call me "eagle eye", and also I like the villains and intense personalities when I'm watching a movie, I just like watching them and I don't think I can ever fit to a role of a nice or sweet lady if I have ever given the chance to be actress for instance, I feel I'm too intense for playing these roles so I assume that's I'm sx/so with a slight sx over so

I can relate to this. I'm a kind-natured person and I can be very sweet (even with strangers), playful/silly, charming, and just easy-going & nice in general. This is one of the main reasons I thought so-dominant. However, now reading your post... I definitely have the "resting bitch face" (lol) so I constantly get asked if I'm doing ok, is something wrong, etc because others just assume I'm upset. I'm also quick-tempered, have an extremely mean side when the right buttons are pushed, and some friends have told me I have an intense stare.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can relate to this. I'm a kind-natured person and I can be very sweet (even with strangers), playful/silly, charming, and just easy-going & nice in general. This is one of the main reasons I thought so-dominant. However, now reading your post... I definitely have the "resting bitch face" (lol) so I constantly get asked if I'm doing ok, is something wrong, etc because others just assume I'm upset. I'm also quick-tempered, have an extremely mean side when the right buttons are pushed, and some friends have told me I have an intense stare.

Well, my straight face is usually interpreted as sad or something negative, so I don't think this is a great indicator of instinct. I'm not quick tempered though, and I'll go against the grain /stick to my principles. But I'm still so dom. (I think some weird things can happen with so-dom + Fi dom)

Permabanned

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last thought, I think!:)

I have this notion that so-last folks, esp Fi users, tend to be mostly oblivious to social groups/ nuances /group dynamics. As such, I think they're less affected by standing out, in fact they may revel in it. vs So-dom is going to be much more affected and anxious about Ä«t, because they're aware of what everyone else will think and how they'll react and so on. Think of Sx dom stereotypical rockstar, who could care less what others think, vs so-dom who will do their thing (esp a 4 or a few other enneagram types) but will be self conscious or much less carefree and unaffected by doing so. So-aux is prob most balanced, in terms of this, as they have some awareness but it doesn't preoccupy them like it does an so-dom.

So-doms I think want to be part of something, a connection to some like-minded group, though they may never find it.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think so-dom can commonly be kind of counterphobic, especially 4's. So dom doesn't mean one is involved in tons of stuff, it can mean being aware of the social elements but also being super self conscious of not easily fitting into any of those things. So so-dom can isolate because of that. Like, the hyper focus/awareness makes one withdraw. With 4 I think there's an awareness of it but shame in knowing it's not really 'you'. Like, being good at picking up those things but shying away from it too, or not liking it. Being bothered on some level by not fitting in/having a 'group' of peers, but also never forcing it and staying true to self (the 4 does). 4 so-dom I think is often called a 'social critic', if I remember correctly. A bit of an outsider but also yeah, ability to be 'sweet' and get along well with others, in day to day stuff/on the job.

I've always been the outsider, the observer. I am the sweet person, the team-player who goes out of her way to help anyone BUT I do like to keep my distance. In all settings. I like to do my own thing and be left alone. I can be very social when it's needed or in the right group/with the right person but I have a quiet confidence and love my solitude. I am often on a "I don't need anyone" mode. Not in an arrogant way just because I am possessive of my time and don't want to mingle if I don't want to (and hate if I feel obligated). I can see myself critiquiting certain social norms, behaviors, or office routines.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always been the outsider, the observer. I am the sweet person, the team-player who goes out of her way to help anyone BUT I do like to keep my distance. In all settings. I like to do my own thing and be left alone. I can be very social when it's needed or in the right group/with the right person but I have a quiet confidence and love my solitude. I am often on a "I don't need anyone" mode. Not in an arrogant way just because I am possessive of my time and don't want to mingle if I don't want to (and hate if I feel obligated). I can see myself critiquiting certain social norms, behaviors, or office routines.

I relate very much to what you write. I'm not saying you're so-dom, as I don't know you, just wanted to say I relate.

Try to find the ocean moonshine e4 stacking descriptions, I found them very useful in determining I was so-dom. Most tests equate so-dom with extroversion, and I think e3 schmoozing organization-joining and so on, but it takes on different flavors by type. I'm logging off now but I can try go find the description tomorrow and post it here if you don't find it.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So-doms I think want to be part of something, a connection to some like-minded group, though they may never find it.

Sx-dom wants to be part of something too, but for the sake of intimacy and intensity.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have a resting bitch face because I'm naturally expressive person, but I have that dark side of me just as you described it, and your avatar is giving a lot of that already btw ;)

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

:devil:

Last thought, I think!:)

I have this notion that so-last folks, esp Fi users, tend to be mostly oblivious to social groups/ nuances /group dynamics. As such, I think they're less affected by standing out, in fact they may revel in it. vs So-dom is going to be much more affected and anxious about Ä«t, because they're aware of what everyone else will think and how they'll react and so on. Think of Sx dom stereotypical rockstar, who could care less what others think, vs so-dom who will do their thing (esp a 4 or a few other enneagram types) but will be self conscious or much less carefree and unaffected by doing so. So-aux is prob most balanced, in terms of this, as they have some awareness but it doesn't preoccupy them like it does an so-dom.

I'm a very intuitive and hyperware person in general so I'm always "in the know" of everything that's going on, including social happenings / group dynamics. But do I care if I fit in? Professionally, yes. Personally, no. Does that make sense? It's nice to belong to a group with similar interests but it's not something I long for or need.

Permabanned

can rel8

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sx-dom wants to be part of something too, but for the sake of intimacy and intensity.

Oh yess. This is far more important to me. Friendships, relationships, music, even with myself and my art.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, friendships are super important to me and I will always prefer 1:1 connections to group, but that's the introvert in me. But I don't think I am on the prowl for intimacy and intensity in relationships. I think I define connection differently, and don't seek or yearn for that rush 24/7. I love the rush of new experiences and the rare brief 'intense' moments with people but I don't seek those out really, or think people can fulfill that; also those moments/that level of intensity can't last.

But yeah I think you raise an important point, each instinct is preoccupied with different things. (also you as an sx dom 7, that intensity element will be heightened compared to sx doms of other types I think)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
e4 descriptions, from this site: https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/four-stacks/

Social/Sexual

This is overall the “lightest” type Four when it comes to social interaction. They are likely to utilize charm and humor. This type is more scattered and can be down right disorganized. They can drift through life always feeling like an outsider, yet they usually have friends. They can alternate from being the life of the party to withdrawing. Intimates will know of their insecurities and dark moody side while acquaintances will see a softer, friendlier side. This subtype’s energy is geared towards people, but they never feel as though they really fit in. They are often quite creative, talented people who have many interests, but they frequently lack the energy to actually accomplish what they would like. They can drift and withdraw very easily. When healthy and with the right support from friends (and perhaps a little push) they tap into their instinctual energy. When they do this, they begin to see how much they can accomplish. A positive connection to others helps them stay focused.

Sexual/Social

This subtype is able to connect with others and with life itself, but always with an undertone of volatility and a tendency to dramatize. They are the most involved and connected of the subtypes of Four. They can go from relationship to relationship, seemingly tortured by each one. They are the most driven of the subtypes of Four to express themselves publicly and type Four celebrities are commonly found with this stacking. This subtype has a real difficulty remaining grounded, partly due to the undeveloped self-pres instinct. Although they can appear almost Eight-like at times with their lust for life and desire for passionate experience, they lack the focus of the Eight and the instinctual energy that would keep them grounded. Sometimes alcohol or substance abuse can be a problem. These Fours become more healthy when they learn to control their impulsivenss and focus their energies.