• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Syn flow and contra flow instincts

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that it would be better to develop system that each of these 6 ways of doing things has it's Sync flow and Contra flow variant.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the range theory better, but I always do argue that synflow/contraflow theory has some validity to it.

I find that oftentimes, the so-called contraflow types have a more pronounced dominant variant and a less pronounced secondary variant, while the so-called synflow types have more balanced variants.

The descriptions of contraflow having to be "misanthropic" or whatever is a lot of bullshit. I think contraflow just means that the variants should have more of a push/pull, naturally.

I'm sure that I am synflow since my variants work in tandem, but I do not at all relate to descriptions of being "compelled toward people."

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've never been a fan of the syn/contra flow theory and have argued that the differentiation is more based on health levels than actual stackings. Nonetheless, I have met a lot of people (who are not myself) who depict the theory very well, so it might be a statistical trend rather than a definite thing. I personally cannot relate to the thought of my instincts working together, especially well nor am I compelled towards people/naturally fitting.