• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instinctual Variants and the Three Doshas--a Correlation?

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anybody here familiar with the Three Doshas?

Doesn't it seem that

Vata = Social
Pitta = Sexual
Kapha = Self-Preservation

I'm sure some theorists have considered this before, but I've never read anything about a correlation between these systems. Looks to me like it might be the same system under two different names.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This reminds me of the archetype concept where many different typologies, theories and constructs sort of grasp at the same intangible concept but name or define it differently or have overlapping qualities. You could call it a divine truth or an implicit system, whatever floats your boat. It's also possible that when the instinctual stackings were able to sort of marinate after they were written about and this Dosha system is something it snowballed through, because the elemental attributions are identical.

I do type as sx/sp and I score highest on Pitta, a bit of Kapha and almost nothing for Vata, so there might be something to it, assuming my self-typing is correct.

Last edited:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is possible that there is a correlation. I personally relate to vata and I think I am so first, so this one fits for me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sp/so

My doshas seem to be fairly balanced.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sp/so

I'm most like vatta, but very sp in instinctual variants, so I don't think it's a direct correlation. But idk.