• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] How did we become Sx-first?

Sx-firsts, what are the dominant instincts of your parent(s)?

• Sx-first (both parents)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • So-first (both parents)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Sp-first (both parents)

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Sx-first + So-first

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Sx-first + Sp-first

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • So-first + Sp-first

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've recently had some really interesting and revealing conversations with friends and family around instincts. Specifically, I think I've hit on what made me prioritize Sx above So and Sp in my emotional hierarchy of needs (if you will). My own circumstances involve two Sp/Sx parents, both of which negated and invalidated me from a pretty young age out of a their needs to prioritize self preservation-- because they wouldn't hear me, I began to overcompensate and demand to be heard, especially when trying to form intimacy. This continued (and still does in my family) but developed me to be overly intense, direct and hungry for intimacy. Perhaps what's withheld from us growing up, or what we need most is what we place the most value and urgency on.

Anyone relate to my experience? If so, chime in! If not, what do you think caused your preference of Sx?

I'm also curious about the parental types of Sx-first people-- check out the poll to participate. Thanks! :D

I am not saying I agree or disagree - but according to Katherine Fauvre we are born with our instincts.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't realize that quite a few of us have either two sp parents, or an so-first parent with an sp-first parent. I'm pretty confident that my parents' stackings are so/sp and sp/sx. Also, none of my siblings appear to be sx-first like me. So I'm not really sure what happened here.

I don't really buy the Fauvre theory that we are born with our instincts; like most of typology I think it's definitely a combination of nature and nurture.