• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Subtype Arenas Test

Geonat

Sx: 76
So: 63
Sp: 57

Don't really know what this means,
they should have included some concluding text to go along with the numeric values

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked the test, in that it had more interesting questions, not the typical SimilarMinds type of questions.

I usually test as so last, which is the case here too. I'm not sure what that means. If I follow the tests, it means I'm so-last, pretty simple. When I explore more deeply, in what I think so-dom means in the context of me as a pretty extreme introvert, I think so-dom makes sense in terms of my weaknesses, preoccupations, etc.

Anyway:
sp 77
sx 73
so 66

otoh, they're all fairly close, so it's not like I'm an 'obvious' anything.

Edit:eek:ops, thought we had to rank each with 1, 2 and 3- so didn't use any zeroes. Might have been slightly diff if I did that.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
sp 77
so 68
sx 70

I thought it was pretty decent. It at least expands common conceptions of the instincts, especially self-preservation. I didn't think the social questions were as good as the others and were worse than in most tests like these. Too much about 'contacts' and image. Some of the questions were just kind of stupid, like the "what celestial body would you be" one or whatever it was. I'm guessing earth was sp, but earth has so many different connotations; not seeing yourself in it could be an indicator of low so or low sx ("earthy"), not necessarily high sp.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Instinctual variants are the thing that stumps me above all other elements of type. I typically test as sp and sx (unless the sx questions emphasize romantic partnership and sexuality, in which case sx falls to last), but I know damn well that it's more of a mess than that. I've found that instincts above all have taken the brunt of my past damage, as well as I'm doing these days.

so: 50
sx: 77
sp: 73

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always tested sp/sx on this particular test. (The computer I'm using won't let me download, so I can put my scores here). The more I've learned, the less satisfied I am with it, though. One question said something like...

"If I were a body in space, I'd be..." a) the earth, b) the solar system, c) a shooting star.

Unless there's evidence that soc-firsts are statistically more likely to choose "the solar system", I have to rule this test cute, but not reflective of deeper theory. Too many reasons an individual could choose one answer over another for non-instinct-related reasons.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SP 69
SX 46
SO 41

B

brainheart

[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION], yeah, they don't have to be ranked. It's a scale of not at all to fits me really well. I'm curious to see what your results are when you do it that way.

I got:

sx 99
so 27
sp 61

[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION], I know the metaphorical questions are a little goofy. But she's big into archetypes and she's a 4 INF? so it kind of makes sense that she'd do that.

[MENTION=17945]Misty[/MENTION], I agree. Instincts can be confusing.

[MENTION=17424]decrescendo[/MENTION], I wasn't fond of the social markers either. For example, my husband is definitely so/sx and I don't think he would have agreed with a lot of the social questions. It's weird, because I would guess that Susan Rhodes (the creator of the test) is probably a social dom (or at least social second). I did think the self pres and sexual were pretty good, though.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SP 69
SX 46
SO 41

The test gave me SP/SX/SO as a stacking. I still think SP/SO/SX is more likely but SP/SX/SO is possible. I think the SO is somewhat higher than the test indicates. I'm mostly on my own rather than an in a social group, so the group type questions, I did not relate much too. But I do care about what's going on in the world and want to make a positive difference. I care about making a good impression but don't care about prestige for prestige sake.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sp: 67
sx: 82
so: 25

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I usually test as so last, which is the case here too. I'm not sure what that means. If I follow the tests, it means I'm so-last, pretty simple. When I explore more deeply, in what I think so-dom means in the context of me as a pretty extreme introvert, I think so-dom makes sense in terms of my weaknesses, preoccupations, etc.

Anyway:
sp 77
sx 73
so 66

otoh, they're all fairly close, so it's not like I'm an 'obvious' anything.

Same. Which I believe adds to why So is underrepresented on forums like this, people struggle to get what it's actually about and when tests fling back Sp or Sx dom with So far behind presume it's not relevant and ignore it.

... I'll do it shortly and see if I'm talking out my ass.

Erp, yep

Sp 65
Sx 63
So 58

The problem imo really is that people misunderstand So in a negative way (on the converse Sx is romanticised some), they see connections and group things as what So is about, whereas it's about the preoccupation with those areas that do not necessarily flow in a positive way. I'm not some kind of fluttery social thing who loves large gatherings, networking and has a preference for conversations with 3+ people, nor am I a social activist who marches in rally's calling for social change, the things that drive people to those things are what matters, not the actions.

I don't need make a difference in the world, I care about the impact I have though.
Seeking out a a warm and welcoming home sounds like snorezville to me, a sense of community is attractive though.
Who exactly would describe themselves as an intelligent self-organizing network? I get where it's leading too but it's never an answer I would choose.
Not all Socials will gravitate towards social groups when stressed, in fact sometimes the lack of feeling part of a group increases stress so a So dom will actively push away from groups.
What So has to do with seeing "myself as slightly superior to others" I don't know, that sounds more like an Id thing in general, same with "an elegant swan" sounding more E3 than anything So, understanding social positioning doesn't mean actively seeking the top of the ladder.

#5 was a good one, #8 was aiirite, #9 was okay-ish, #31 was aiirite, and the team work ones in a work environment are alright. Overall I'm underwhelmed.

B

brainheart

Instead of taking the test, I think it's better to read her descriptions of the instincts (or subtype arenas, as she calls them) and make up your mind that way. I like her descriptions because they are short, simple, yet highlight aspects of the instincts that other descriptions don't seem to.

Self preservation: focus on the self, self-reliance, home and family, personal safety and responsibility.

Sexual: focus on intimacy, creativity, stimulation, excitement, intense experiences and sexuality.

Social: focus on relationships, social interactions, community, politics, law, status, manners, and social action.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sx - 90
sp - 56
so - 45

Self preservation: focus on the self, self-reliance, home and family, personal safety and responsibility.

Sexual: focus on intimacy, creativity, stimulation, excitement, intense experiences and sexuality.

Social: focus on relationships, social interactions, community, politics, law, status, manners, and social action.

Of course, I am a 4....

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sx - 90
sp - 56
so - 45

Of course, I am a 4....

Yep.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
sp 92
sx 61
so 53

My second instinct is very, very strong. The only thing that doesn't make me sp-dom is the whole risk taking, martyr 4 sp-descriptions. I don't identify with that, but I value self-preservation over most social things even. It can easily serve as comfort under emotional pain. Isn't the second instinct the one your best at or something? It may be accurate but my sx is in no way stronger than my so. I'm just a 4, and social instinctual variant descriptions tend to be a little biased towards 3's and 6's, I think. And non-shy extroverts.