• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Why are sx-doms so common in typology communities?

Haha, yes I do. Recalling now your contributions in the So blind spot topic, I remember you as someone who is wandering mostly aimlessly in this waiting room or lounge towards something way much bigger. I remember you as a playful cynic, a dabbler so to speak, an opportunist on the lookout. An image man. You're not here for the cause, you're here for the profit you may reap from the believers efforts. You're the guy who having learned some partial truths from the theory, say, "Christianity," would soon wield those ideals against others, as the opportunity arises, in order to build his own status, derive authority.

So poor people are indeed more stupid... sometimes because they don't have the money to buy time, books, energy. And sometimes because they just spite the ones who have.

Sadly, the forum powers that be have ordered me to cease and desist with this lovely little exchange. Fear not, I’m sure you can find others here to insult with your generalities. If you haven’t already. Perhaps you can make ignorant and disparaging comments about single mothers or the handicapped next.

Have a superior day.

Jaguar

So poor people are indeed more stupid... sometimes because they don't have the money to buy time, books, energy. And sometimes because they just spite the ones who have.

She's a poor, undocumented immigrant, valedictorian, and off to Yale:

You may not have your own bed or internet access, but you can always go to a library and have knowledge at your fingertips.
She was first in her class every year through high school. When it was time to apply to college, Martinez's choices were Yale, Columbia and Princeton.

Yale offered her a full scholarship.

And on a side note: Sx-dom here. Me.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not poor due to years of physical illness, trauma, depression, the American medical system, the Great Recession, theft of my inheritance by the legal system, the obtainment of higher degrees, and an international crisis that I didn't create and that has prevented me from working for years. Nope. I'm poor just cause I'm stupid. And stupid cause I'm poor.

I've heard you insult the American way of life in the past, but this is a preeminently American attitude nonetheless.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION]

..What's with the playboy avatar?? :DD
You're right, the critics have to show empathy each time by using "sandwich criticism." You also have another insight: in David Brooks' The Social Animal (disregarding his TV punditism), he does cite some research relating to these feedback loops of poverty and lack of education.

Is it an American attitude? Must be because of having been born in the part of Eastern Europe that is still under American influence. There're three places where the NATO army (with Americans) is stationed in my homecountry right now. And guess what, they're taking land from the peasants to extend our/their airbase. It is for the show of power to Russia but of course, there's info that the Americans had been there in Ukraine "training" Ukrainians against the Russians before this whole Crimea conflict broke out.
This isn't what I was actually referring to in my comment to Population: 1 but I watched the video anyway. She reminded me of one of my class mates during my stint in the States. Let's call her Abby - she was the teacher's assistant and on one class she had done a presentation on the Syrian immigration. At the end of it she had revealed that she is also a Syrian immigrant. This was in Spring, 2016. We have a different view on immigration here in Europe. Paris is in a pretty bad shape.

I've just recently passed the dissertation of my master's thesis (with flying colors); I'm not celebrating though, because my parents had already been really angry at me for not working - I should've been graduated in 2017 and they expected me to work in the Spring semester, for I didn't have any courses then (only consultation with the supervisor). Yet, what I did was to embark on another semester of studying abroad, this time Belgium. Also, I didn't work during any of my study years. I wasn't particularly eminent in grades, so why was I a stickler about projects and exams? Well, I was really curious if all these smart professors have their citations in order. And as it happens to be, they don't. The thing I've learned by not being quick and pragmatic and cramming by rote for full As was that (at least) the Liberal Arts side of Academia is corrupted. The standards of measurement are bad, the amount of curriculum the students have to learn is not in harmony with their life needs - and this coming from someone who wasn't partying hard, wasn't putting much time in socialization. In a nutshell, then: I'm sorry to ruin Miss Boyd's appeal to the heart, but she's jumping too fast on the occasion (graduation) to reiterate the American Christian ideology. With Abby, in the Anthro 300 sthing course, we've had the same echoed. Yet, do all fresh immigrants identify with being American and wanting to make these other people's country great again?

Instead, what I was referring to was trickle down knowledge. Something that comes from the top may not sit well with the agenda of the ones at the bottom. Miss Boyd probably would not have liked it if her piggybacking on American ideology was countered with the critique of "her tool." Say, by approaching humanization from a psychoanalytical perspective: that perhaps Americans, as a nation, want to be the helpers, instead the ones in need of help. She may have not liked it if the inspiration of her call to humanize was met with a deconstruction of the American Jeremiad/Providence. + if it was met with historical references that Americans have always been helping people get through their borders (e.g. indentured work) and been helping them to democracy on other parts of the world so as to have, ostensibly, their magnanimousity appreciated... and "returned."

Jaguar

This isn't what I was actually referring to in my comment to Population: 1 but I watched the video anyway.

Were that true, you should have known what she said in her first sentence as well as seen it on the screen as she said it, don't you think?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Were that true, you should have known what she said in her first sentence as well as seen it on the screen as she said it, don't you think?
I checked it again and in her first sentence she introduces herself. Are you referring to her "valedictorian" status?

Jaguar

I checked it again and in her first sentence she introduces herself. Are you referring to her "valedictorian" status?

You can't read your prior post and realize you got her name wrong not once, but twice? The name of the school is McKinney Boyd and her name is Larissa Martinez. And you take jabs at professors? Come on, now. Were I your professor, I would have slashed the grade on your little 'essay' for being so sloppy with the facts. As for your comment about making America great again . . . you have to make it great to begin with. Then people can talk about using the word "again." Frankly, I hope America never becomes great. That's when people will stop trying to make it so.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You immature adults need to back off [MENTION=29478]Neokortex[/MENTION], grow up. He simply stated his opinion. While all y'all take offense over something he didn't even mean to offend; you guys are purposefully trying to offend him and that's what's messed up. We all have our understanding of typology more specifically instinctual variant whether it be right or wrong. Still, you don't know 100 percent of the type no matter who you are or how many of you agree.

We all have our likes and dislikes about political groups.
I am quite curious as to why [MENTION=29478]Neokortex[/MENTION] you associate sx doms with social justice warriors, or maybe I got that wrong to?

I see your reasoning as why the working class are too busy with their lives to be focused on subjects like typology, but is that your theory as to why social justice warriors are more apparent on certain social media- therefore typing them as sx doms?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sx doms as social justice warriors.. that kind of makes sense. We care deeply about things and we don't hold back.

Jaguar

You immature adults need to back off

If you want to start insulting people in a thread where no one is conversing with you, this is not going to work out well. The forum has enough issues as it is.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sx doms as social justice warriors.. that kind of makes sense. We care deeply about things and we don't hold back.

Social movements is more of a soc thing as far as I know, but the other accompanying instinct might colour the how and why.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
You immature adults need to back off Neokortex, grow up. He simply stated his opinion. While all y'all take offense over something he didn't even mean to offend; you guys are purposefully trying to offend him and that's what's messed up.

Actually, no, we don't. There is context and history here that isn't evident in this conversation but is relevant to why people are interacting with him this way. He's not exactly the most diplomatic member on forum.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can't read your prior post and realize you got her name wrong not once, but twice? [...] I would have slashed the grade on your little 'essay' for being so sloppy with the facts.
Correct. I'm really bad with names. You're also taking a jab at me, though, by using the plural "facts," whereas it's just one that I got wrong (if we are to 1up each other in nitpickiness). The Bologna system, basically, encourages cutting corners.
I am quite curious as to why [MENTION=29478]Neokortex[/MENTION] you associate sx doms with social justice warriors, or maybe I got that wrong to?

I see your reasoning as why the working class are too busy with their lives to be focused on subjects like typology, but is that your theory as to why social justice warriors are more apparent on certain social media- therefore typing them as sx doms?
Ummm, Yea. I need to add some clarification. It was a generalization: I haven't spent much time here on Typology Central to know if that is also the case here. So I would like to ask for apology for that. But I've been having problems with the admins and mods on Personality Café and it turns out the rules of the forum are designed to serve an authoritarian agenda (justified with social causes reasons).
Back to the question: no, what I meant is that this SJW mentality or certain forum politics impacts the interpretation of theories negatively. (But of course, there can be other kinds of "forum politics" that can bias a certain group to a certain aspect of a theory.) Hence, people get the "Instincts" part colored, as well as other theories. Typology forums shouldn't have any agendas to start with, yet the enterprise itself is contradictory and misleading. On one hand, site admins being controlling is unfair; on the other, without measures of control no scientific experiment can be objective. So "live" or "real time" active societies don't allow full (psychological) transparency of the individual. They don't allow one unanimously accepted interpretation of a theory.

I think this whole SJW phenomenon is related to first world countries and service economy. Not everybody is fit to work in Silicon valley. Despite some rich families wanting their ESTP son to be a lawyer (and I've met such guy), his abilities would, perhaps, best be used somewhere else. The people on the bottom, however, since manual labor being either underpaid or unavailable (bc of deindustrialization), are left with having to fit in with the "knowledge worker" requirements. And some even fancy themselves being one (not really valuing their Se/Si based skills; i.e. "being in the grip" of Fi/Ti/Ni). So working class people tend to act hipster and "activist" (SJW) as a way of copying the language, the image of the (NT) yuppies and the upper class (NF) activists (signaling aspiration for upward mobility). Problem is, "activism" or "intellectualism" can hardly be practiced in the lower classes bc, for instance, you can't afford clothes made at home and you can't take weeks off to be chill and figure out where did the highly esteemed academicians cut corners. What happens instead is what happens in Africa: if the little African insults the big African for being an idiot for buying the latest iPhone, the big African will bully the little African and will take his money and will keep bullying him until he buys himself too a smartphone (just the way my father bullies me verbally when it comes to light that I don't know the name of the current president or the exact date of the national holiday and other social stuff). Trickle down knowledge, trickle down technology, trickle down dignity.
There is context and history here that isn't evident in this conversation but is relevant to why people are interacting with him this way. He's not exactly the most diplomatic member on forum.
And there is also some context and history there that isn't evident in your reply. You're not the most diplomatic member with me because of breaking your promise of not replying to me numerous times (and when you replied, it was aggressive with cusses).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=29478]Neokortex[/MENTION] - I don't remember making any promiseâ„¢ to you. Although I'll take your word that we had an agreement somewhere over something, I doubt is was for interaction forever everywhere though.

As far as my "cusses" go, well, I don't care.

Jaguar

Correct. I'm really bad with names. You're also taking a jab at me, though, by using the plural "facts

Fact: McKinney Boyd is the name of the high school.
Fact: Larissa Martinez is the name of the young lady.

1+1=2. Fact+Fact = Facts. Plural.

You're not bad with names, you're bad with facts. I'm tired of people playing that "waaaaah you're taking a jab at me" game to avoid what they are putting down on paper. Focus, man. Focus.

ubiquitin

Correct. I'm really bad with names. You're also taking a jab at me, though, by using the plural "facts," whereas it's just one that I got wrong (if we are to 1up each other in nitpickiness). The Bologna system, basically, encourages cutting corners.

Ummm, Yea. I need to add some clarification. It was a generalization: I haven't spent much time here on Typology Central to know if that is also the case here. So I would like to ask for apology for that. But I've been having problems with the admins and mods on Personality Café and it turns out the rules of the forum are designed to serve an authoritarian agenda (justified with social causes reasons).
Back to the question: no, what I meant is that this SJW mentality or certain forum politics impacts the interpretation of theories negatively. (But of course, there can be other kinds of "forum politics" that can bias a certain group to a certain aspect of a theory.) Hence, people get the "Instincts" part colored, as well as other theories. Typology forums shouldn't have any agendas to start with, yet the enterprise itself is contradictory and misleading. On one hand, site admins being controlling is unfair; on the other, without measures of control no scientific experiment can be objective. So "live" or "real time" active societies don't allow full (psychological) transparency of the individual. They don't allow one unanimously accepted interpretation of a theory.

I think this whole SJW phenomenon is related to first world countries and service economy. Not everybody is fit to work in Silicon valley. Despite some rich families wanting their ESTP son to be a lawyer (and I've met such guy), his abilities would, perhaps, best be used somewhere else. The people on the bottom, however, since manual labor being either underpaid or unavailable (bc of deindustrialization), are left with having to fit in with the "knowledge worker" requirements. And some even fancy themselves being one (not really valuing their Se/Si based skills; i.e. "being in the grip" of Fi/Ti/Ni). So working class people tend to act hipster and "activist" (SJW) as a way of copying the language, the image of the (NT) yuppies and the upper class (NF) activists (signaling aspiration for upward mobility). Problem is, "activism" or "intellectualism" can hardly be practiced in the lower classes bc, for instance, you can't afford clothes made at home and you can't take weeks off to be chill and figure out where did the highly esteemed academicians cut corners. What happens instead is what happens in Africa: if the little African insults the big African for being an idiot for buying the latest iPhone, the big African will bully the little African and will take his money and will keep bullying him until he buys himself too a smartphone (just the way my father bullies me verbally when it comes to light that I don't know the name of the current president or the exact date of the national holiday and other social stuff). Trickle down knowledge, trickle down technology, trickle down dignity.
And there is also some context and history there that isn't evident in your reply. You're not the most diplomatic member with me because of breaking your promise of not replying to me numerous times (and when you replied, it was aggressive with cusses).

My observation of a first world country is that most SJW are middle to upper middle class college age kids or educated working millennials. The working class in america are too busy trying to pay their bills, somehow afford health care, and get out of debt to bother "fighting" moral battles. To be blunt, most of them coudlnt give a shit and think the SJW are a bunch of whiny crybabies, if they even understand what SJW stands for. Perhaps this differs in Europe however.

As for the poor being stupid innately, I come from ten generations of near poverty and have a graduate degree in the sciences and make six figures. Because I am innately intuitive and have aspergers I simply didnt "see" what it was I should have become. My foster daughter, an entj, came from the same back ground and can "see" this. She was destined to be a drug dealer and stripper. Placed in a different environment, given different expectations and different stimuli, within a year she has been redirected and will now be a dentist. The poor become what they see around them unless for some reason they can see past that-ie being intutive can help.

Are you an ENTP?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My observation of a first world country is that most SJW are middle to upper middle class college age kids or educated working millennials. The working class in america are too busy trying to pay their bills, somehow afford health care, and get out of debt to bother "fighting" moral battles. To be blunt, most of them coudlnt give a shit and think the SJW are a bunch of whiny crybabies, if they even understand what SJW stands for. Perhaps this differs in Europe however.

As for the poor being stupid innately, I come from ten generations of near poverty and have a graduate degree in the sciences and make six figures. Because I am innately intuitive and have aspergers I simply didnt "see" what it was I should have become. My foster daughter, an entj, came from the same back ground and can "see" this. She was destined to be a drug dealer and stripper. Placed in a different environment, given different expectations and different stimuli, within a year she has been redirected and will now be a dentist. The poor become what they see around them unless for some reason they can see past that-ie being intutive can help.

Are you an ENTP?

I can't say that I agree with any of this.