• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Why are sx-doms so common in typology communities?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps South Park's Man Bear Pig was truly a supreme sp-dom figure. / I had to, this discussion made me think of it

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
which instinct do you think most people would be drawn to?

Final-Instinct-Cards-Front.SP_.F.jpg

Final-Instinct-Cards-Front.SO_.F.jpg

Final-Instinct-Cards-Front.SX_.F.jpg

Naturally So.... Or Sx, those sly devils can be quite the charmer, yet their extreme opinions or behavior are a turn off to ppl. Hm.. Sx/ So vs So/Sx, I guess So.

Besides, I don't see Sx connecting with ppl on light stuff, and you need light stuff to connect with ppl in the first place. -_-

Starry

Naturally So.... Or Sx, those sly devils can be quite the charmer, yet their extreme opinions or behavior are a turn off to ppl. Hm.. Sx/ So vs So/Sx, I guess So. Hahaha

Besides, I don't see Sx connecting with ppl on light stuff, and you need light stuff to connect with ppl in the first place. -_-

Haha no! that’s not true... I’m a 7 man no way am I going all deep 24/7 I’d end it all tomorrow if I had to live that way. Here’s one of the things I notice when I’m conversing with a strong social dom... they are looking all over the room and I’m like... “dude are you even listening to all of this incredibly lighthearted stuff I’m saying? Connect with me damn it!...make me feel like I’m the only one in the room or you are getting kicked out of my imaginary tribe so fast...”

It’s not the stuff we talk about that needs to be deep...we just want that connected feeling/relating/I’m worth your full attention feeling.

Permabanned
Haha no! that’s not true... I’m a 7 man no way am I going all deep 24/7 I’d end it all tomorrow if I had to live that way. Here’s one of the things I notice when I’m conversing with a strong social dom... they are looking all over the room and I’m like... “dude are you even listening to all of this incredibly lighthearted stuff I’m saying? Connect with me damn it!...make me feel like I’m the only one in the room or you are getting kicked out of my imaginary tribe so fast...”

It’s not the stuff we talk about that needs to be deep...we just want that connected feeling/relating/I’m worth your full attention feeling.

I can do both, look around while still listening - my mind is following along - vs focus and engage in the conversation to the point where I completely lose forget time and stop noticing everything and everyone around us.

Starry

show off. You’re a show off that’s “who”...

I mean, if I don’t care about the person all that much...or if there’s like an unspoken agreement with an intimate to trip out on the people while we occasionally give each other the “holy fuck did you see that?” eyes...I can do that too but it’s not my regular style...

whoops [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION]

Permabanned
show off. You’re a show off that’s “who”...

I mean, if I don’t care about the person all that much...or if there’s like an unspoken agreement with an intimate to trip out on the people while we occasionally give each other the “holy fuck did you see that?” eyes...I can do that too but it’s not my regular style...

whoops [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION]

would never, can't even, I'm offend.

I thought U knew me! :overreact::pandarage::explode::offtobed:

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lol, damn. That's actually really cute/sweet. Interesting, I do try to focus when on one-to-one convos but irl if they're saying something idk about I go full retard for few mins. If I keep direct eye contact they feel like II'm being dominate andthat's not what I'm trying to do so it gets rlly awkward lol. I think I maybe So/Sx so I can keep up with the intensity if that makes sense. Thinking about it now, your description would fit my parents, especially my mom So/Sp. Makes sense.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I'd drive you crazy. I'm easily distracted (usually internally wandering off) and aloof. My Sx-blind coworker tries to talk to me whenever I'm eating lunch and intensely focused on whatever I'm reading/studying, and it's usually about the most bullshit stuff. I've thrown all niceties out the window and just mostly ignore her.

It's only the two of us in the room, so that's probably really uncomfortable for her (muahahaha).

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to be an sx dom anymore, I quit.

Starry

Sorry Lum I missed this until now. Possibly because I didn’t think anyone saw that post (avatars I think help you stand out more)... and if they did I didn’t expect anyone would question it. The answer there is 2s.

There are a handful of types, functions and aspects that are not just misunderstood imo...they are almost like...looked down upon or something in some way. Like we don’t collectively assign a high value to the associated traits...and then if on top of all of that...the descriptions are written super shittlely...most likely due to having been penned by someone with the same aforementioned bias...no one sees themselves in that type and yes, it’s completely innocent...of course they wouldn’t.

Just like the social instinct...2 has this problem. Especially for men... you don’t type a dude as a 2 and walk away without an infraction this is what I’ve learned (haha I’m laughing so I don’t cry). Again...just like the social instinct I can’t help but suspect the traits are valued less because we see them as being somewhat “feminine” in nature but whatever I’m not trying to speak politically here...just don’t see another explanation and would welcome alternative takes on this.

But here’s the truth about 2s: These guys are powerhouses man. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule but don’t let some of the most charming and charismatic personalities the enneagram has to offer fool you...these guys are 3 steps ahead of everyone and you will fall in line (the church lady 2 descriptions are ridiculous to the point of being offensive really).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I find 2s to be a little spicy. I almost feel sorry for whatever guy breaks my daughter's heart in the future.

Starry

Lol, damn. That's actually really cute/sweet. Interesting, I do try to focus when on one-to-one convos but irl if they're saying something idk about I go full retard for few mins. If I keep direct eye contact they feel like II'm being dominate andthat's not what I'm trying to do so it gets rlly awkward lol. I think I maybe So/Sx so I can keep up with the intensity if that makes sense. Thinking about it now, your description would fit my parents, especially my mom So/Sp. Makes sense.

This post is awesome. Yah, if you think of extended eye contact as an attempt to dominate and not simply the respectful (natural) thing to do then I would say you are probably an so dom haha! That’s so funny. But just as a side note I can’t do this...make prolonged eye contact with just anyone. Like it has to be an intimate or if it’s not then there at least has to be some true or authentic exchange taking place. Like I’ve had the sense I’m going blind or getting eyeball strain or something if something seems off like the person is creeping me out so I don’t want to fall into those windows or I’m using too much brain power trying to figure out what’s actually going on...things like that.

Starry

I'd drive you crazy. I'm easily distracted (usually internally wandering off) and aloof. My Sx-blind coworker tries to talk to me whenever I'm eating lunch and intensely focused on whatever I'm reading/studying, and it's usually about the most bullshit stuff. I've thrown all niceties out the window and just mostly ignore her.

It's only the two of us in the room, so that's probably really uncomfortable for her (muahahaha).

Well, I mean it never bothers me if someone doesn’t want to talk to me...I swear I’m so grateful when that happens. I’ve got way too much shit going on in my mind that needs processing for me not to be. And I prefer it...GOD do I prefer it when people are just honest about how they feel. Maybe this is more of an Ne thing than a sx thing idfk but the last way I want to spend my time is by trying to figure out what the fuck someone “really means”...just tell me. So you would likely do the opposite of drive me crazy you would make me sane.

I mean, if I saw you as an intimate and I thought you were mad at me or had a problem with me then yes I’d raise hell until I learned what was truly going on...but just being truthful and wanting to do your own thing I’d be all “thank you Jesus”.

If we had scheduled time to be together and you were looking all around trying to figure out what was going on with others...then yah I’d be like...lame.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Wow, interesting. I type as sx-blind but I do, do this.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've really perceived myself as loving especially not in the general sense, I've always had a perception of myself as selfish and self-absorbed. Which isn't completely accurate, since I don't feel like much of what I do or strive to be is for myself at all. Though love feels like it's too conscious to describe any of it. Almost like it perverts it all in a way too. I almost feel like inevitability is the word I'm looking for in that the cause of my striving is something my my mind returns to inevitably and like everything organized/emerged itself around it. Without that and in what it didn't address directly, this rejection, I don't even feel like I know what to do or how to find the motivation to do it. People sometimes tell me to do things I enjoy and it is so confusing in that ages ago I sacrificed myself to someone who has long forgotten about me so they have two lives unknowingly and I don't have one. That is, I don't see a point in doing anything or even see a way to do something if it doesn't make me worthwhile in that extremely specific way. I didn't even realize that until I was 20 and circumstances outside my control pretty much made it impossible for me to become something worthwhile with regards to the aforementioned. Which certainly didn't help all of the other things that eventually pushed me into catatonic depression. That realization was the worst part actually and some of those things involved physical pain.

Having met people who only do everything for their own benefit, I felt markedly different and sure that we don't work the same way at all. But rather, in opposite ways in our motivations. Though none of this is to say I'm not definitely selfish for most people, and even when I can't realize my link to certain others, it's like I throw a tantrum that is designed to hurt myself and them because I don't know how to deal with any of it or myself or how to get over it and have some sort of compromise relationship with said people. Yet it's not like that destruction is even distracting so it's all very futile. I feel like my mind's eyes never waver but otherwise it's just dark, empty, and there is nothing, just one or two tethers back. I don't know, it's like creation, destruction, nothingness, living vs. living as dead, futility, but most of all it's like I'm striving for something that will never realize and waiting for someone that will never ever return. I mean, my experience. It's like all of these stupid, extra, how to be problems are all wrapped up in where my mind's eye moves inevitably.

Words are such imprecise things.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've really perceived myself as loving especially not in the general sense, I've always had a perception of myself as selfish and self-absorbed. Which isn't completely accurate, since I don't feel like much of what I do or strive to be is for myself at all. Though love feels like it's too conscious to describe any of it. Almost like it perverts it all in a way too. I almost feel like inevitability is the word I'm looking for in that the cause of my striving is something my my mind returns to inevitably and like everything organized/emerged itself around it. Without that and in what it didn't address directly, this rejection, I don't even feel like I know what to do or how to find the motivation to do it. People sometimes tell me to do things I enjoy and it is so confusing in that ages ago I sacrificed myself to someone who has long forgotten about me so they have two lives unknowingly and I don't have one. That is, I don't see a point in doing anything or even see a way to do something if it doesn't make me worthwhile in that extremely specific way. I didn't even realize that until I was 20 and circumstances outside my control pretty much made it impossible for me to become something worthwhile with regards to the aforementioned. Which certainly didn't help all of the other things that eventually pushed me into catatonic depression. That realization was the worst part actually and some of those things involved physical pain.

Having met people who only do everything for their own benefit, I felt markedly different and sure that we don't work the same way at all. But rather, in opposite ways in our motivations. Though none of this is to say I'm not definitely selfish for most people, and even when I can't realize my link to certain others, it's like I throw a tantrum that is designed to hurt myself and them because I don't know how to deal with any of it or myself or how to get over it and have some sort of compromise relationship with said people. Yet it's not like that destruction is even distracting so it's all very futile. I feel like my mind's eyes never waver but otherwise it's just dark, empty, and there is nothing, just one or two tethers back. I don't know, it's like creation, destruction, nothingness, living vs. living as dead, futility, but most of all it's like I'm striving for something that will never realize and waiting for someone that will never ever return. I mean, my experience. It's like all of these stupid, extra, how to be problems are all wrapped up in where my mind's eye moves inevitably.

Words are such imprecise things.

I've often felt the bolded myself. Longing for a home I've never been to. A shared flame to make all that's dark and dull worth it. Eyes that can see right into my soul, ears that hear my meanings. Always hungry, especially for food I've not had save in my imagination.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've often felt the bolded myself. Longing for a home I've never been to. A shared flame to make all that's dark and dull worth it. Eyes that can see right into my soul, ears that hear my meanings. Always hungry, especially for food I've not had save in my imagination.
It's not even longing for me or that soft it's desperately trying to become an extremely specific way and it's like I'm never shifting my mind from the why. I am not so much hungry as I am discontented and impossible due to inability to compromise. Like I said, love is an imprecise word that perverts something that I cannot even describe. The desperation to destroy and to create myself and the impetus are both pointing into eachother, cyclical. There is also something so much more unconscious than that to the bolded for me. I am not a hungry ghost, I am Sisyphus. I am lassie or something. Futile, waiting, directed specifically by these things and incapable of resisting the impulse to reference how to exist, what makes it all meaningless since molding to worth doesn't actually make YOU worth anything. Not to mention the stupidity of it all. The stone rolls back down and I have to push it back up because that is all I gleaned from forced, aborted, bloody separation.

What I meant is what I'm striving for is becoming the very specific way that such a thing communicated is what I had to be not to be ripped away and thrown away. I am waiting for that person to come back and see that I have pushed the stone on top of the mountain. That lassie has obediently remained here for 14 years. And none of it is anything so beautiful for me. It is more than that and it is so much myself that I can't gather it up and think about if it is romance and if it is so because it has ruined all my relationships. None of that so much as it is inevitable, wherever I go there it is and it can't be escaped I cannot settle. Of my existence I cannot think of any other way than on the confusing terms I just described. It was too early and I have almost never known any other way to exist. Even if I did not have the language of IV to categorize this (and therefore to dilute and really do it little to no justice), it would remain my struggle and in all futility. That is, if my experience of this in particular is something that the language I think describes it so I use to attempt to describe it does not in fact accommodate then I will forego the language for this is an undeniable thing in the way the language is not. I doubt how to exist so to say something is undeniable, especially undeniably formative is distinct for me when I think of myself and so it is easy to throw away the language in light of that. Of who I am and what created me (aka this cycle) for better and for worse. All of this comes before everything that isn't value without condition/when I percieved myself as unconditionally worthy of love, it is what emerged from division.