• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] Consistent with So?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Self Preservation

- Do you sensitively respond to your body's needs? When you experience discomfort do you take care to promptly eliminate its source?

Not really. It's a bit of a bother.

- What is your relationship with food - buying, preparing, eating? Do you monitor your nutrition? Do you invest time into food preparation and purchasing exactly the food that meets your dietary requirements?

I stay full, and sometimes forget to eat. I buy random stuff, try to avoid too much unhealthy stuff. I don't monitor nutrition. I don't invest any time in food prep.

- How important is your home? How much time and effort have you invested in arranging your living space? Do you decorate/personalize your living space? Do you often fantasize about a perfect home? How important is order and cleanliness of your living space to you? How cozy is your current living environment?

None of that. I just keep it clean more or less. The fewer decorations and stuff in the way the better.

- How important is security for you? Do you regularly devote time and effort into securing and stabilizing your life?

No. I think job security is very important, but I don't spend much time working for it.

- Do you carefully manage your savings? Do you often think about your income? What is enough? Is salary a major part in your consideration of a job? Do you follow deals and offers that would allow you to save some money?

None of that. It isn't important enough to me.

- Do you take care of your health? Are you up to date in your health care appointments with doctors, dentists, etc? Do you go to the gym or track you caloric intake?

I hate doctors and gyms. I avoid taking medicine at all costs.

Sexual

- Is it easy to spark your interest? Do you often fell interested, invigorated, impassioned by someone or something (e.g. a hobby, subject, or pursuit)?

Yes. I do everything in spurts/phases.

- Is it easy for you to hone in to that which has sparked your interest? Do you feel like your life is in some way directed by these feelings?

It's very highly directed by whatever I'm interested in.

- Is being attractive to others an important quality for you? Do you easily spot attractions between other people?

I would say so. Although it depends on who and when. Sometimes I'm thinking of other stuff. I think I do easily spot it; at least it's obvious with guys, and with girls it's easy if it's me. If it's someone else, I still think I can do it, but I've been in fewer situations like that, so I'm not certain.

- How often do you share your personal experiences and preferences with others in conversation? Do you feel at ease when connecting to someone on emotional/personal basis? Do you feel like you need to disclose some personal information in order to relate to someone?

I share 'the first level' of this stuff easily. Not the second level. I think I feel moderately at ease. No, not at all. I'm much more concerned about their personal information.

- Do you easily discern emotional stimuli and motivations of others?

Definitely.

- Can you easily tell when someone is flirting with you? Do you often flirt? Do people have trouble telling when you are being just friendly and when you are expressing interest in them?

Yes. Yes. I think so because in certain moods I express interest without any further intentions, and in fact am averse to the other person taking me seriously. It's a game, really.

- What role does sexuality play in your life? Do you find it easy to openly talk about sexual topics?

No, I don't.

Social

- Do you seek to come in contact with people? Are you open? Do you strive to become acquainted with and be known to everyone in your group?

Yes. Yes. I want to know something about everyone, and I like to know a lot about 75% of the group.

- When moving to a new place how important is it for you to make new friends? Do you feel like you have a social support network?

Very important. Not really.

- Do you experience a sense of belonging to a community? Are you engaged with social issues? Are you a member of any organized groups? What role or position do you usually play in groups?

Yes, very much so. Yes, social issues are the passion of my life. Yes, I'm a member of multiple groups. I usually play the role of 'special member' who reserves the right to vanish for long periods of time, doesn't have a lot of obligations to the group, but who tries to be a highlight when present. I mostly succeed in gaining this status, though not always.

- Do you easily notice when people behave in an inconsiderate, imprudent, discourteous, untactful manner? Does this bother you even if they aren't related to you?

Yes. It is very embarassing to see, and I try to save the situation.

- Are you sensitive to being socially ostracized? Is it important for you to be accepted by your peers? Is it important to you that your partner is acceptable to your friends and family?

I am very sensitive to this. It is very important in practice, though not in theory. I want my outsider-with-insider-privileges status to be accepted.

- Do you engage in discussions of socially relevant topics (e.g. human rights, social contracts, justice and fairness, cultural and religious themes, political systems, recent news and events)?

All the time. It's one of the things I like most. I think philosophy, religion, sociology, psychology, and all the other things I like should be brought to bear on a given issue so that we can decide the best thing to do about it. Or at least so that I can get the opinion of the other person/people.

- Do you follow the news? Do you keep aware of what is happening with your friends and distant relatives, in your community, country, worldwide?

Yes. I follow it whenever I have time. I keep up with friends whenever I meet them. I do the news in spurts, but fill in the gaps since last month, or whatever, in a big reading session. The nation is what we live in, and as goes the nation, so goes the collective us, unless you are talking about the world, which is functionally irrational.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
What is this?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19765]LION4!5[/MENTION]

so/sx sounds good based on your responses. interesting questionnaire.

i have a weird relationship with the self preservation instinct, so those questions especially were cool to read.

if sx is indeed your secondary instinct, would you say you have kind of a weird relationship with that instinct as well? like it's a present need in your mind, but it kind of gets ignored sometimes, or that it seems difficult for you to know exactly how to meet those needs?

B

brainheart

I would take these questionnaires with a grain of salt. I'd be a sx/sp according to this but I'm a sp/sx. Self pres descriptions always tend to suck. So often they seem to think self pres is synonymous with ISXJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would take these questionnaires with a grain of salt. I'd be a sx/sp according to this but I'm a sp/sx. Self pres descriptions always tend to suck. So often they seem to think self pres is synonymous with ISXJ.

Agree.

And from my pov, the so stereotypes/things mentioned for so questionaires seem more slanted to e2, maybe particularly e3, maybe e6, much of which I can't relate to. Also more extroversion, in general. Basically, I think the so list is a fine indicator for certain mbti/enneagram so-dom combos, but not for others -- don't think it gets to the root of what so-dom is actually preoccupied with, on a non-superficial level (same goes for the sp and sx lists)

[also, with this questionaire, I'd quite possibly be sx/sp... which I'm so very not, haha]

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=19765]LION4!5[/MENTION]

so/sx sounds good based on your responses. interesting questionnaire.

Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards.

i have a weird relationship with the self preservation instinct, so those questions especially were cool to read.

if sx is indeed your secondary instinct, would you say you have kind of a weird relationship with that instinct as well? like it's a present need in your mind, but it kind of gets ignored sometimes, or that it seems difficult for you to know exactly how to meet those needs?

I would say so. Of the three types of instincts, So is the only one which totally gets what it wants. Or at least it tries . . . yes, that's good description of how sx works. It's always there, but if there is an So need, then it gets trumped, sort of. In a group setting, I have a push pull dynamic going on to where if there is someone I want to meet on a one-on-one level, I work with the group to where I can separate off, but then I find myself after a bit wondering where everything else is going, and needing to pull back into the wider frame, socially speaking.

Is that kind of what you mean?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Agree.

And from my pov, the so stereotypes/things mentioned for so questionaires seem more slanted to e2, maybe particularly e3, maybe e6, much of which I can't relate to. Also more extroversion, in general. Basically, I think the so list is a fine indicator for certain mbti/enneagram so-dom combos, but not for others -- don't think it gets to the root of what so-dom is actually preoccupied with, on a non-superficial level (same goes for the sp and sx lists)

[also, with this questionaire, I'd quite possibly be sx/sp... which I'm so very not, haha]

Well, what do think would be a better questionnaire? And what superior method is there for determining instinctual subtype?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

That makes sense, but how could we change the questions to be more general? For example, maybe give questions about how in a social setting, your priorities go to saving yourself, rather than another person or a group?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You read this entire page and see what you feel most suits you. :yes:

Okay. I did. I think So/Sx fits best, just as the questionnaire seemed to indicate to me. However, it's heavily subject to confirmation bias. The nice thing about a reliable questionnaire would be the removal of confirmation bias. Sadly, it seems unattainable.

Also, I don't get the connection to Buddhism. Was the author trying to connect his/her personal religion or philosophy with instinctual subtypes?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay. I did. I think So/Sx fits best, just as the questionnaire seemed to indicate to me. However, it's heavily subject to confirmation bias. The nice thing about a reliable questionnaire would be the removal of confirmation bias. Sadly, it seems unattainable.

Yeah, especially since it has assigns you the questions by instinctual type.

Also, I don't get the connection to Buddhism. Was the author trying to connect his/her personal religion or philosophy with instinctual subtypes?

I think more illustrating how each instinctual type tends to go through life via analogy. I know sx/sps definitely seem to be suffering most of the time in search for something that sx is demanding, for example.