• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts So-last folks over the age of 25

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i believe I'm one
How do you feel about these things?

- Civic events/actions like elections and voting
important, but not because i see it as a social action. important because of my idealism and the personal importance i give to politics (fi?!)

- Holidays and festivals (whatever is commonly celebrated in your part of the world)
it's great. days off work.
- Other community or social norms, rituals and events that have struck you as not being amazingly vapid
i don't give a shit. christmas is nice because i get to fly back home and be with the people i love. but it could be the celebration of the birth of mickey mouse for all i care.

Have you had any positive experiences or feelings about any of these things? What have they been like? Why do you think you enjoyed them?
actually, one thing i've always enjoyed is gatherings of many people (e.g. demonstrations; music festivals, etc). i like it because i get the sense that everyone is there for the same reason, so there is a shared basic level of human-interconnectiveness. i think this also stems from me being quite idealistic though (fi?) i don't know if it's connected with so?

I'm mostly looking for responses from so-last people over the age of 25 because I feel that a.) the personality is pretty solid by then and b.) because they should have outgrown the teens and early twenties brand of self-absorption but young 'uns, you can respond, too, if you want.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel as though I should participate in these for all sorts of good reasons, but in actuality I just vote in major elections. I think it's important to do your share in influencing decisions which influence others' lives.
- Holidays and festivals (whatever is commonly celebrated in your part of the world)
I like them, though I don't feel obligated to participate. Any sort of obligation would come from others expecting me to.
- Other community or social norms, rituals and events that have struck you as not being amazingly vapid
I try to understand their purpose and act according to whether I think they are useful. Many things like norms of politeness and friendliness I think do produce good results whether people know it or not, but I'm not as conscious of them as I could be and think some aren't really necessary. Mostly I see norms as tools to navigate society.
Have you had any positive experiences or feelings about any of these things? What have they been like? Why do you think you enjoyed them?
I enjoy it when people are polite and friendly to me and I like being polite and friendly to other people, in moderate amounts. It makes me feel like we care about each other. I like feeling like strangers care about me.

I really like holidays when I can celebrate with family and friends. It makes me feel connected. I like to feel connected to groups.

I'm pretty sure I'm So last, but So types of things are important to me.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Important, kinda, although I'm not really a fan of the current system or its representatives (is anyone, anywhere?!), I'm well aware that my vote is usually completely meaningless, and I'm not sure it's a good thing for people to be voting when they're uninformed, which includes me. Still, I have always voted federally and usually vote municipally as well.

I like them if they're fun for their own merits (christmas lights are pretty), time off is nice, and I like fun traditions established by my friend group (ex: annual soccer+BBQ on Canada Day), but otherwise I don't really care or celebrate much. I do basically the bare minimum for Christmas, really dislike the whole presents thing in general (birthdays too), and don't decorate. This would probably change if children were in the picture, of course. I'd probably celebrate more but still not really care. If I'm home alone over any particular holiday I don't really think about the holiday at all.

I don't really know what this means. There are lots of good things that are social norms - they just need to have some kind of merit of their own beyond "tradition".

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm mostly looking for responses from so-last people over the age of 25
What's a "so-last people"?

Necessary evil, at least for the current type of government. I've only voted twice (mostly to try it out), but a single voter has no effect on results.

I like the days off from work, but don't celebrate festivals except for christmas and midsummer. On the otherhand I dislike mid-week holidays. If thursday is a day off and friday is not, it's both annoying and inefficient for everyone.

I dislike most of social rituals and events. One of the reasons we skipped our own weddings and merely went to a magistrate and then for a dinner.

No, not really. I find most of them utterly boring and uninteresting.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I try to vote, but I'm not as involved in civic action as a person probably should be.

I don't care much for holidays except that I can earn money during them as a musician. I have mixed feelings about holidays and often find them disturbing.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I largely agree with what randomnity wrote. I do vote, though I'm skeptical anyone is really as informed as they think they are- including myself. Most of the people I know seem to have a position based on their social circles more than actual open-minded research, and that skepticism makes it difficult for me to pay too much attention. (I pay far more attention to the theories about what makes people react they way they do to civic events/actions than I do to civic events/actions in themselves.)

Christmas never meant much to me (I guess it did when I was little, can't rightly remember how much) until I had a son. And any positive feeling I get from it- or a few other holidays- has everything to do with what made/makes him happy about the rituals/events that come with it. I love trying to surprise him by customizing certain aspects as much as possible (to show that I see *him*, and I see what makes him happy). I don't have any attachment to any particular rituals per se on my own, I don't think- I just love participating in the ones that I know people close to me love participating in.