• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Do SX doms get bored if their relationship is too peaceful?

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For SX doms - Would you rather:

1) Be in a relationship where you NEVER fought, barely even argued, and things were happy but pretty much the same from day to day? Basically zero drama. Good sex.

or

2) Have a classic romance novel/soap opera type relationship where you were both extremely wild about each other, but sometimes have loud, angry fights, drama and an element of instability? Something exactly like from The Notebook.. Say, it's 90% ecstacy but 10% drama. GREAT sex.

And assume this is for an exclusive relationship, not FWB or anything.

badger055

Permabanned
The second one definitely. The first one would make me want to kill myself out of boredom.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've got some heavy SP. But either way, I'd rather the adventure and conflict be in the world, with my relationship as my home and companion.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Super Peaceful, No Drama, but Predictable
Extreme passion and ecstacy,but sometimes anger, jealousy and shit like that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That's entirely possible to achieve - it just takes some conscious effort to actually keep your focus on each other amidst all the things that life throws at you.

So, you can keep your two imperfect options :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh, jeez.

Good question Ms. Cockburn...

At first, you had me going with the former.

I've already had too much of the latter, and am over it.

Well, sort of.

Cuz with the last two lines of the second one, you kinda threw me back to that one.

I mean, if it meant good sex vs GREAT sex, and only 10% drama, I might go with the latter.

My problem has been that, eventually, that 10% gets out of control and becomes 100%.

The first one sounds nice, but, not gunna lie, after a while, it'd have me clawing my eyes out.

It also has me wondering about that "good" sex - what's missing there? And is "good" good enough?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Something exactly like from The Notebook..

That 10% drama can be worked out if you have good communication with your partner.

Ninety percent ecstasy..

R

Riva

I do not want drama.

The reason i loathe drama and i wouldn't ever want it in a relationship is because i have experienced it and it drains me.

I have a cp e6 sister and my goodness.....

I was once infatuated with a enfp cp 6w7 sx/so girl and although i didn't witness any significant drama from her i could feel it on the surface. I was kinda scared if her.

However despite their paranoia and drama (my sis and the girl) they are both deeply caring people, which could be a e6 trait.

I wouldn't want to live with one though. No way!

I'm an sp dom. So technically this post should be ignored.

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like conflict to a point and I like bitchy women. I don't think the type of sex equates to either of those things though. Having a fiery relationship by no means says the sex will be better in any way.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're both horrible unless the first isn't because of any misunderstandings and such, I'd choose number 1.

L

LadyLazarus

Yes, it's the reason I broke up with my ex; he NEVER wanted to argue, it was uncomfortable and dull for me to say the least.

Of course arguing over every little thing/ pointlessly is also annoying and honestly tells me a lot about the person most of the time, I only enjoy arguing where there is meaning and reason behind the argument not just "I want to bug her today because I feel like crap." that tells me he is an insecure, selfish, and emotionally immature man.

I have always argued with my significant others because I believe we must be upfront about/confront/ actually acknowledge our problems in order to fix them. So far, I have yet to meet anyone who was able to understand that about me without my having to explain it to them(which I learned to do after I broke up with the aforementioned guy).That's something my last boyfriend and I never seemed to agree on, he thought I was just instigating and seemed to be happy to ignore all our issues in favor of short term peace over the long term health of our relationship. However, this is not to say I was never guilty of instigating or lashing out at him over the course of our relationship when I got into one of my "moods", which was obviously wrong of me and I have now become healthier in that respect. Overall, I feel I have a problem with people who are either mindlessly argumentative for being argumentative's sake or too passive and unable/unwilling to cope with strife. Although, I will say the second one drives me way more nuts than the first, marrying a conflict-phobic man would probably drive me straight into an asylum.

The ideal is obviously someone balanced between the two extremes, but if I had to choose one over the other I'd go with "extreme passion and ecstasy etc." over "boring and peaceful" any day of the week.

B

brainheart

For SX doms - Would you rather:

1) Be in a relationship where you NEVER fought, barely even argued, and things were happy but pretty much the same from day to day? Basically zero drama. Good sex.

or

2) Have a classic romance novel/soap opera type relationship where you were both extremely wild about each other, but sometimes have loud, angry fights, drama and an element of instability? Something exactly like from The Notebook.. Say, it's 90% ecstacy but 10% drama. GREAT sex.

And assume this is for an exclusive relationship, not FWB or anything.

Why even ask this question? It's a no-brainer. 222222222

The funny thing is that you seem to assume that it's a choice. I don't know how a sexual dominant type could have the former. I mean, I probably look from the outside that my relationship is the first one for the most part, but my emotions in regards to my sig other are constantly changing.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Super Peaceful, No Drama, but Predictable
Extreme passion and ecstacy,but sometimes anger, jealousy and shit like that.

^ That's entirely possible to achieve - it just takes some conscious effort to actually keep your focus on each other amidst all the things that life throws at you.

So, you can keep your two imperfect options :D

:azdaja:

Of course we want it all, if that was the option, wouldn't be much of a dilemma, now would it? Curious to see which you sx-y thangs would prefer, even if it's only by 50.000000001% margin. :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
There is no way I can survive in a relationship where my significant other wants to argue. When I argue I become a monster than wants to ALWAYS be right. So I avoid arguing and if you provoke me into and manage to be successful we can go on for 3, 4, 5 hours without finding a solution. Thus I choose 1).

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, jeez.

Good question Ms. Cockburn...

At first, you had me going with the former.

I've already had too much of the latter, and am over it.

Well, sort of.

Cuz with the last two lines of the second one, you kinda threw me back to that one.

I mean, if it meant good sex vs GREAT sex, and only 10% drama, I might go with the latter.

My problem has been that, eventually, that 10% gets out of control and becomes 100%.

The first one sounds nice, but, not gunna lie, after a while, it'd have me clawing my eyes out.

It also has me wondering about that "good" sex - what's missing there? And is "good" good enough?

hmm. Honestly, I sort of just threw in the sex bit to pose a tougher dilemma. That, and every time I hear of people staying together (or always getting back together after "breaking up" every other week), "incredible sex" seems to be cited as at least partially the incentive.

So I imagine their sex has to be beyond what I consider fantastic sex -- these people must black out and see Jesus or something, because how else could sex make drama or unacceptable bs tolerable? They must have like 15 full-body orgasms all at once. lol

I'm an SP-dom though, so I'm seeing things with a different lens.

Starry

Umm 2. I'm not really interested in having a roommate that I have sex with. I want to learn/experience as much as I possibly can in my short time and sometimes this works best when challenged by your other half. I believe...or I know you can fight...loud and angry (both relative terms) and yet maintain a sense of respect by remaining mindful of the fact that this is a part of loving that shouldn't be swept under the rug in favor of perpetual agreement. Intimacy doesn't exist until the couple is close enough that they're stepping on each other's wounds from time to time...which is why relationships are considered opportunities for healing by so many.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'instability'... but if it's 'actual humans experiencing real life' great. In other words, I believe you can be in 2 and dedicated to spending your life with someone.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Umm 2. I'm not really interested in having a roommate that I have sex with. I want to learn/experience as much as I possibly can in my short time and sometimes this works best when challenged by your other half. I believe...or I know you can fight...loud and angry (both relative terms) and yet maintain a sense of respect by remaining mindful of the fact that this is a part of loving that shouldn't be swept under the rug in favor of perpetual agreement. Intimacy doesn't exist until the couple are close enough that they're stepping on each other's wounds from time to time...which is why relationships are considered opportunities for healing by so many.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'instability'... but if it's 'actual humans experiencing real life' great. In other words, I believe you can be in 2 and dedicated to spending your life with someone.

Yes.

Starry

I'm actually more concerned about whether or not I can handle the *extreme ecstasy* that cockburn's describing over anything else. Other than that 2 just sound like "a relationship between two humans... as opposed to two pod-people."

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm actually more concerned about whether or not I can handle the *extreme ecstasy* that cockburn's describing over anything else. Other than that 2 just sound like "a relationship between two humans... as opposed to two pod-people."

I picked the second, because if you hope for it, it won't really happen anyway. Not if you're real people, and especially if you're sx anyway.
The first is easily achievable and prone to self destruction.