• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Do sps just want to date themselves?

badger055

Permabanned
I read somewhere that sps just want someone who is exactly like them and I have an sp friend who said the same thing. Is this true?

Edit: sp as in self preservation instinct

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think so.

I think people want someone who complements them personality wise yet shares similar interests and values.

I see this across the variants.

wolfy

awsm
Nope.

I want to date an NF of some sort,but another SP is fine too I guess.

This is enneagram so SP is sp. Not SP.

I want to date myself. I am SP and sp. If I date myself, no movie hassles, restaurant hassles.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I do because it would just be easier. But I know I would feel unhappy and dissatisfied.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If they do, they haven't ever let on :shock:

I tend to love me some sp-dom or aux and they seem to..be alright with that, for the most part :unsure:

L

LadyLazarus

This is enneagram so SP is sp. Not SP.

I want to date myself. I am SP and sp. If I date myself, no movie hassles, restaurant hassles.

Oh fuck,I really need to start looking at the forum I'm posting in...

Oh, well!

Sorry about that guys,disregard my comment.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't necessarily, but I do like sharing interests and activities with people. I think sp lends itself to a certain kind of constant maintenance and perpetuation of itself, in that there is a lot of knowledge and skills to learn in these areas and associated activities to do. (So) is the same but more activity focused; so the two become as much lifestyles as preferences. Sx I think is more internally based, though it affects your external interaction. So I expect most of the people I hang out with would have sp first or second, though I like variety.

badger055

Permabanned
I also have an sx/so friend who is seeing someone exactly like him and he seems happy. I personally think variety is over rated. Sx wants to make someone a part of themselves and it makes it easier if that someone isn't too different.

I like the sp/sx energy. I find it exciting without being exhausting.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't even know who (what kind of "personality") I want to date. When you ask this question, I can only analyze the answer "theoretically"... Can't really feel a "gut-feeling" on this one.

R

Riva

I know I would.

So/Sx IFP girl would be fine too. Totally different energies therefore totally different expectations from me.

I like the sp/sx energy. I find it exciting without being exhausting.

This.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I do because it would just be easier. But I know I would feel unhappy and dissatisfied.

Yeah sort of this, I would be fighting with myself over it internally.

I want it easier but then again I don't want it too easy. I guess it is just a way to whine, so perhaps, you (OP) the sx, should just practise some patience a bit, unless it is clearly a dead end zone.

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes actually, i have actually said that i want to find a female version of me. Although i have such strong sp that i cant even slightly identify with sx or so, so maybe it isn't the same way for someone with a more balanced secondary.

á´…eparted

passages
Hell no. I am not attracted to guys who are just like me or a lot like me. I want a good chunk of difference (in appereance and personality). The idea of dating myself is REALLY unappealing.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't mind it. I think I have noticed that I click faster and deeper with sp/sx's. But really I have noticed that I can get intimate and feel satisfied with that intimacy, with anyone that's not sx last. Not that it really determines anything. If there's a bond then it doesn't matter.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I would never want to date someone like me. It might suggest a healthier attitude if I did though.

Noon

No, but I wish I could date someone that's a de facto mix of sp & sx like a sexual 5. I've wondered if that's the perfect set-up.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want to date someone with a similar sense of self preservation...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, it's more important that the sx is in there somewhere.