• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Do sps just want to date themselves?

buddy2eyes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like to be accepted by others as the way I am and lead me the better way to improve the bad point in myself. By learning about their way of living and sharing opinions and such.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No! Obviously, there's some, but if that's the case for all of them, then I'm not sp. I can see where I, and other sp's, would be uncomfortable approaching someone if they weren't sure that person liked them back.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
When I connect with someone I tend to see myself in them.

Cygnus

That's exactly what I want. Someone exactly like myself. Someone to bust down the invisible walls inside your mind.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's sx-firsts who are focused on 1-on-1 obsession in relationships and so-lasts who have the hardest time building social connections just for the sake of socializing.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not just like me. But I would be best off with another sp. The similarities may (mercifully!) stop there.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I can understand why someone would think that. Sp-doms do long for a certain amount of safety and we need to keep to ourselves to regain it once people overstep boundaries. I'm an sx-blind to-boot and a walking contradiction being that yes, I do dream about that special someone, someone intelligent who I could laugh with, a bit of a snarky edge, would treat me like a capable adult but simultaneously know just when to make me feel safe and protected. I have often thought that I would be happy being a crazy single cat lady being an sx-last. Then again, sx-blindness is apparently the most common blindspot and plenty of people find that special person so... maybe I should attribute my issues to other things.

After my first (and only) relationship or thing resembling a relationship, I have felt a void within me, I've questioned sp/sx due to this but so-blindness would not make any sense whatsoever with me... It's difficult for me to find connection and my instinct is to run away. I dream about Mr. Right but bringing actual human beings into the equation who I know makes me want to vomit. Also when people say "What about so-and-so, you two would be perfect together" or something along those lines, usually the person who the blank is filled in with makes me want to vomit and leave the planet. I dream about finding the right person and have worried about not finding him. However, I would be much happier being single and happy than end up with someone who I detest.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No way. I won't date someone whose as controlling as me.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read somewhere that sps just want someone who is exactly like them and I have an sp friend who said the same thing. Is this true?

Edit: sp as in self preservation instinct

Ew, that sounds awful and boring. I'd rather someone who provides me balance in terms of there strengths being in areas of my weaknesses or something like that. What's the point of dating someone that predictable?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is very timely since I have actually been taking myself out on dates alone lately. I take myself out to Olive Garden every Saturday, and sometimes go to the movie. I dress up in Go-go boots and have a real fancy time. We now think we want to go to the zoo soon.
:bunnyd:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, if I ever date another person, I DO want them to be a lot like me, except a much more shocking version of me.
(Oh, I got the enneagram SP thing a bit wrong, although I have some of that in me too.)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Historically...that would be a decided No.

Though, that could make for a smoother relationship.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, I would actually like it if the person was almost my total opposite. I'm often attracted to 3w2 men because of this.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LMAO... FOR THE MOST PART I COME TO THE CONCLUSION BASED ON THE SP DOMS I KNOW, HELL YES. THEY DON'T MIND BEING LONELY FUCKERS.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, wait I misunderstood the question. Um, idk sp doms would have to answer.

I thought it said do sp wanna date themselves, as in nobody else.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'd want to date another SX and I like the intimacy

Now... would I want to date someone with a strong sp too? (I have a strong sp also and have occasionally suspected I might even be sp/sx if it weren't for my one and one adoration of connection and fascination with intensity) If it's coupled with sx it's kinda perfect since we'd both do the back and forth yo-yo thing so sure as hell why not. If it's coupled with so (sp/so or so/sp) though I find it lacking in the depth I want. If it's too sp dom's it might be funny and a little difficult that both of us have WALLS up though.. A lot. Gotta dive in eventually.

Northern Lights

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Not an sp-first but I am currently in a relationship with a 6w5 sp/sx and I often think he would prefer to date someone more like himself ... someone who is seemingly self-sufficient/closed off and doesn't overtly express any relational needs or desires.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I kinda do but i think a so dom could be a lot of fun

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know but i read the title as do SP's just want to eat?

and probably! isn't that what most people want deep deep deep down?