• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Am I the only Sx-dom....

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...that when he finds someone that he connects with very strongly, that he finds very interesting, and then when he loses that connection...he feels like a drug addict who needs his fix?

Gah, this is tormenting!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope :D

I found though that once I traced back the pattern, I could predict and control it, as well as enjoy the bittersweet longing - could be my 4 talking though :devil:

If you wanna kick the habit, sweat it out for 2-3 weeks by having no contact and doing other stuff. After that, you're still vulnerable, but you'll no longer be jonesing. Just...dont get drawn back in again - unless you re ready for round two :devil:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ah good. I was seriously starting to wonder if something was wrong with me :D

I found though that once I traced back the pattern, I could predict and control it, as well as enjoy the bittersweet longing - could be my 4 talking though :devil:

As tormenting as it is...it's also incredibly compelling. To feel so passionate about someone, to relish and enjoy something so profoundly. It's...wonderful :wubbie:

But yes, I can control it as well...it's just hard too is all ;) I feel restless and my mind won't stop thinking about it.

I wonder if Sx-doms are FAR more prone to obsessive personalities than other types?

If you wanna kick the habit, sweat it out for 2-3 weeks by having no contact and doing other stuff. After that, you're still vulnerable, but you'll no longer be jonesing. Just...dont get drawn back in again - unless you re ready for round two :devil:

Hmm.... I'm not interested in losing contact with this person. That would feel like a failure of sorts.

No...I see this as a challenge of sorts, as something I need to master. Besides, so long as I keep moving like a shark, the pain is not only bearable but almost desirable....like a fire that won't burn out, it's a source of a powerful amount of energy :devil:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

And another junkie bites to dust.

Ahhh, sweet but cruel muse of Infatuation, how I loathe thee one second only to long for your sweet embrace the next :wubbie.

S

Stansmith

I've experienced this recently...although I'm Sx-second. I experience this with almost every aspect of my life, really.

L

LadyLazarus

:laugh:....:mellow:no.

I kind of love the intensity it brings over us both but at the same time I feel scared about how much power over me I'm giving that person(I think that's probably my Sp second talking).Although,in the end it's worth it just for the intensity fix,I suppose you could say I'm a shameless drug addict in that respect.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
This is the story of my life, lol. And I'm not even sure if I'm SX primary or secondary.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm darkside so/sx (aka so/sx with strong sx) and I know what you're talking about. Once you experience that connection with someone, you're on cloud nine. But then if the person of interest feels differently, distance builds between you and you feel like that was the only person meant for you and you somehow screwed it up.

Unrelated, although maybe to my 6 wing or maybe sx types feel this way. Probably the 6, but when I'm in a relationship - no, even when I'm just dating someone I have a constant fear of screwing things up for myself. Because I know how easy it is for me to blow away my own chances for things that I fear that one wrong move will send our future together to hell (even though I also hate when things go 100% smoothly; I like a little edges to work around and some push-and-pull). So I end up trying to cover my own ass more than usual. I probably got this habit because when I started going out with my first boyfriend, after he said yes he said he wanted to keep it on the down low and meanwhile I had been group-texting all of my friends while he was thinking of saying yes or no to my confession. Then he immediately found out because my friend added him to the chat after I told them he said yes and she was like "COME HERE YOU TWO" and he was like wtf and then I got so upset and worried that I basically blew my chances at ever having a relationship with him. I mean I always act like myself regardless of who I'm with I just get more neurotic and paranoid when I'm dating someone. Like Gigi from He's Just Not That Into You. :yes:

So yeah, I can get a little obsessive over the person of my attraction. Although they're probably unaware of it, since it's usually just going on mentally. :laugh:

Hang in there, tink! :hug:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be honest, I resist seeing myself as being that dependent on another person's presence. I can be very denying of the fact that I need someone, and become rejecting.

But I know well the frustration and longing when the only person in the world you want to spend time with has to "go to bed now" or "must take a bathroom break". It's like, YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HANGING HERE. You've got "real life" to attend to? I DEMAND you come back here and talk to me for 12 more hours!

More often, this happens with my private interests, however, which I tend to obsess over till they burn out.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I know well the frustration and longing when the only person in the world you want to spend time with has to "go to bed now" or "must take a bathroom break". It's like, YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HANGING HERE. You've got "real life" to attend to? I DEMAND you come back here and talk to me for 12 more hours!

I really relate to this. I perceive this as putting on the brakes and I really don't want to. I want to burn through everything. I try to hide this (I don't think I do a good job)...it drives people away. It's probably good to be with someone that is not sx-dom. On a side note, I seem to be attracted to so-doms and then end up in a situation where I have too much intensity and they don't have enough.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...that when he finds someone that he connects with very strongly, that he finds very interesting, and then when he loses that connection...he feels like a drug addict who needs his fix?

Gah, this is tormenting!

I'm very selective on who I let in and get close to so I don't really experience this. Maybe it's an INTJ 6 thing (cautious/careful). I do feel sadness however which lingers when I lose the connection due to some situational or proximity related thing after a relationship has been built up over a period of time.

I wonder if Sx-doms are FAR more prone to obsessive personalities than other types?

Probably