• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Blood type and instincts

Your blood type? Does it match instinct?

• Total voters

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most people are type O, however:

Blood Type & Rh/ How Many Have It/ Frequency

O Rh Positive 1 person in 3 37.4%
O Rh Negative 1 person in 15 6.6%
A Rh Positive 1 person in 3 35.7%
A Rh Negative 1 person in 16 6.3%
B Rh Positive 1 person in 12 8.5%
B Rh Negative 1 person in 67 1.5%
AB Rh Positive 1 person in 29 3.4%
AB Rh Negative 1 person in 167 .6%

If O's are all sx/soc, sx/sp, or soc/sx, then this does not jive with online rumors that sx-first are the "rarest" instinct. It would jive with the online reported frequencies of these instincts, however.

I don't think it does correlate, but I do feel that enneatype is biochemical. And I don't know my blood type, fwiw.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am AB and so/sp, so yeah it seems to fit

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
O- sp/so

Doesn't match for me.

I don't believe blood type correlates with personality anyway.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry... .the first thing I thought when I read about a "primitive predator" person is someone catching fish with their bare hands and eating them raw. So what is that like? Is there a lot of patience required to catch a fish raw?
I've actually always wanted to do that. lol

I'm sure there is.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm O+. I am not sure, but I think I'm sp/sx. I don't think I match the instinct and I know I don't match the 'warrior' personality as described by the link. My mom is O- and probably matches it better, though.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
O+. sp,so. Doesn't match for me either.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I'm A-negative. I was oddly proud of that, and then I thought about it, and realized that it kind of sucks, and is probably the reason why the Red Cross is harassing me after I gave blood. (I suppose I should give again... I don't really mind, actually... I'm just lazy.) I don't think everyone gets pursued that...persistently.

I don't think it has much merit, but it's like astrology, sort of fun to think about.

It doesn't match my instinct type. I thought I was self-pres at first, mostly because I found the "sx" misleading.

I remember seeing this picture on buzzfeed of a guy who had saved thousands of lives because he had the rare blood type and donated regularly. But I have a question, could you donate blood and have some to store if you were to need it you could have a supply? Unless it doesn't work that way

á´…eparted

passages
This is a load of horse shit (I tried looking up for some papers that supported this notion). The article even admits it by saying: "Whilst there is no scientific evidence to back up the blood type personality theory, it is still interesting and fun.". You can't get much more explicit than that. Sure, it's fun to think of, but I am not as tolerant of things that try to masqurade as hard science since this is biology based.

L

LadyLazarus

I'm an O so this holds true for me,but I'm sure it's just a coincidence. I seriously doubt there's any correlation.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I have a question, could you donate blood and have some to store if you were to need it you could have a supply? Unless it doesn't work that way

You can do this but only in the short term.
When my Mom got a full hysterectomy she donated a pint of her blood every 4 - 6 weeks for storage at the hospital, and marked for her use only.
She is AB- and she needed the blood, and was glad to have had the forethought to save herself rather than rely on gambling with the hospital/blood bank's availability.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here are some interesting statistics that list the compatibility of blood donation between different blood types, as we well as a chart that shows the prevalence of each blood type among various groups of people...

FROM: http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

BLOOD TYPES

Although all blood is made of the same basic elements, not all blood is alike. In fact, there are eight different common blood types, which are determined by the presence or absence of certain antigens – substances that can trigger an immune response if they are foreign to the body. Since some antigens can trigger a patient's immune system to attack the transfused blood, safe blood transfusions depend on careful blood typing and cross-matching.

The ABO Blood Group System

There are four major blood groups determined by the presence or absence of two antigens – A and B – on the surface of red blood cells:

•Group A – has only the A antigen on red cells (and B antibody in the plasma)
•Group B – has only the B antigen on red cells (and A antibody in the plasma)
•Group AB – has both A and B antigens on red cells (but neither A nor B antibody in the plasma)
•Group O – has neither A nor B antigens on red cells (but both A and B antibody are in the plasma)

There are very specific ways in which blood types must be matched for a safe transfusion:

Blood_Types_in_the_USA_2014_zpsfeca7c06.jpg

In addition to the A and B antigens, there is a third antigen called the Rh factor, which can be either present (+) or absent ( – ). In general, Rh negative blood is given to Rh-negative patients, and Rh positive blood or Rh negative blood may be given to Rh positive patients.

•The universal red cell donor has Type O negative blood type.
•The universal plasma donor has Type AB positive blood type.

Blood Types and the Population

O positive is the most common blood type. Not all ethnic groups have the same mix of these blood types.
Hispanic people, for example, have a relatively high number of O’s, while Asian people have a relatively high number of B’s.

The mix of the different blood types in the U.S. population is listed in the table below:

US_Blood_Types_zpsd7dafc6b.jpg

---------> End Excerpt from Web Site<--------------

This is good info to know for many reasons.
Thanks for starting this thread!

:solidarity:

-Halla74

Sunny Ghost

B+

sp/sx

So it's a match. :shock:

Asian's and their weird blood type personalities. :thumbup:

Blood Type B – The Nomads

Bs are said to enjoy life and are passionate, wild and active. They can be creative and optimistic and have a ‘let’s go’ attitude. They love animals and are passionate about the people and things that they hold dear. They can have an individual and independent nature and don’t care about what others think of them. They can laugh in failure’s face and have a bright and liberal way of living – however this can cause them to have enemies. They can be impatient and can give up easily. They have often been described as shallow and lazy, self-centred and irresponsible. Men with blood type B aren’t considered good ‘husband material’ as they can be ‘bad boys’ and ‘players’. This makes them desirable to women but only for the short term. Women with blood type B do not share this attribute. Those with blood type B are said to have a strong immune system and do well with dairy.
Interesting... :rly???:

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
You can do this but only in the short term.
When my Mom got a full hysterectomy she donated a pint of her blood every 4 - 6 weeks for storage at the hospital, and marked for her use only.
She is AB- and she needed the blood, and was glad to have had the forethought to save herself rather than rely on gambling with the hospital/blood bank's availability.

smart

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha, interesting
im B+ and no it does not match :)

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊