• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] sx/sps do you relate to this?

badger055

Permabanned
sx/sp
This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander.

This pretty much describes the problem with my personality in a nutshell. It's nice to finally see it in words. I don't know what to do about it though it's extremely annoying. I sort of feel like if I have a nice house that would take care of my sp needs and I would be free to explore.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, very much so

W

WhoCares

I'm plain old sx but this describes me very well. The sx I think is problematic because I am too aware of who I vibe with and who I don't. It hits me in the face before I can even get to know someone. I come across as far more intense than most people are conformtable with so I try my hardest not to come across at all, Which creates further issues. I hate being driven by my need to connect magnetically with others or cast them aside in favour of a better connection.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I've chopped this up a bit, but bolded what resonates most.

sx/sp
This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander.

This bit though, I'm not sure about:

If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious.

I mean, I'd love that if I could "unite with said person without fanfare", I especially relate to the "secret bond" thing. In real life it's not that easy for me though because I've reached the point in my life where I don't want a temporary thing. Forming a long-term relationship in the above way would be totally fine with me, but it's kind of far fetched as far as actually getting to know the person, etc. I suppose it's my fear of approaching someone I know I have a connection with, because I fear they might find it weird and creepy. :unsure: As mentioned in the description, I don't care about what most people think but those close to me, people whom I esteem or am intrigued by...they matter.

I think I'm also a little afraid of finding the right person who isn't creeped out by my Sx tendancies at all...because then, well that's it. Commitment issues much?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wow it's just perfect. the only thing, i didnt' understand what they meant with the soulful interpretations of the unconscious.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm plain old sx but this describes me very well. The sx I think is problematic because I am too aware of who I vibe with and who I don't. It hits me in the face before I can even get to know someone. I come across as far more intense than most people are conformtable with so I try my hardest not to come across at all, Which creates further issues. I hate being driven by my need to connect magnetically with others or cast them aside in favour of a better connection.

yeah and this.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally. what WhoCares said too.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty much. I'm, like, way deep and stuff.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I relate to several parts of that description and I'm sx last. Maybe I've mistyped my variant.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander.

Yeah, basically my life has dropped back far more into this approach than it was over the few prior years.

I don't know if I am "brooding and troubled," although I guess I'm not exactly happy and do feel isolated without much idea of how to fix it. I'm pretty much in hibernation mode over the last year or so, and really don't interact much aside from online and at work. I go to work, I come home, and the only people I visit IRL are my kids.

I don't generally care about widespread approval anymore, in terms of what I choose to do and how I live, but I do care about people closer to me -- then again, aren't most people this way?

I don't need anyone, but I would like to be with someone, and it's basically a "I know it when I see it / experience it" thing because it will just click with me in a flash ... we'll figure out the details later. I don't think I'm indulging in impulsively destructive behavior, though; then again, I never did even under a lot of stress, because I tend to be very self-controlled with dark stuff.

I'm definitely very restless, wanting stability and efficiency, but also wanting stimulation, depth, intensity, exploration... the search. So I don't tend to be happy when I sacrifice either.

I think i typically sum up my sx/sp leaning as finding it very easy to live a solitary life but desiring these intense intimate connections with people I know and like, including some as yet unspecified soulmate/lover. Physical sex is not the pinnacle, it's just part of the intimacy, which is basically like soulsex/mindsex/physical sex all in the same relationship. I typically desire to immerse myself completely in another and have them immerse themselves in me, while at the same time feeling a compulsive need to keep a hold of myself and keep myself separate and aware. The two desires undermine each other to some degree.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I currently type as sx/soc, but I actually feel like this is more applicable. (Now we're talking in an off-the-top-of-my-head sort of way, not based on where my attention actually goes in a situation). I'm used to being the dark and stormy loner, however, so that automatically biases me.

The thing which I find to be very true is "can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander". That pretty much sums up my existential problem, and is something I have articulated many times over prior to finding the instincts. I do think my social exceeds my self-pres, however.

So I'd take these little blurbs with a grain of salt, I guess.

OK, another non-useful comment by Sanjuro lol.