• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Illustrate the Instinct Stackings

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like I have a good conceptual grasp of the instinct variants and stackings, but I am trying to move to really being able to "feel" them in terms of people and energies, and correctly correlating feeling/energy with type.

The finer distinctions between the energies are what I would especially like to focus on - sx/sp versus sp/sx, and sp/sx versus sp/so, and so on.

I would appreciate it if people would post pictures, or metaphorical descriptions, or music that illustrates the energy of each variant, and especially each stacking.

For example:

Sx -

fire_dancer.jpg

So -

stock-footage-happy-family-playing-outdoors-in-autumn-park.jpg

Sp -

Couple-wine-fireplace415.jpeg

Maybe not perfect, but an example, at least. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I approve of the sx-message :coffee:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not supposed to post, but I couldn't resist.

so/sx
love_happy_couple_027948_.jpg

sx/so
au0w.jpg

sx/sp
4829208.jpg

sp/sx
Couple-love-31396193-1440-900.jpg

so/sp
depositphotos_7797775-Happy-couple-hugging-in-a-swimming-pool.jpg

sp/so
Couple-Portrait-Photographers-Cumbria-UK-Lake-District.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] put it nicely, but I'll contribute my own later on. :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thank you [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION], that's fantastic!!
Thank you too, [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]! I love the sx/so ones. Kinda sultry in a way. Glamorous.

Moar anyone? :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wasn't expecting much but wow those were actually really good. i's impressed.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is what I feel my ideal relationship is like:

sp/sx

stock-footage-couple-in-santa-claus-hats-laying-in-front-of-the-fireplace.jpg

boy-couple-cuddle-cute-girl-love-Favimcom-40732-7893.jpg

movie-couple.png

This is what I feel my ideal relationship is like:

sp/sx

stock-footage-couple-in-santa-claus-hats-laying-in-front-of-the-fireplace.jpg

boy-couple-cuddle-cute-girl-love-Favimcom-40732-7893.jpg

movie-couple.png

These pictures (with the possible exception of the second one) actually vibe a little too light and safe to me to read sp/sx. Both stackings are grounded and earthy in terms of energy but to me, sp/sx has an undercurrent of danger and darkness and concealed thirst that's lacking in these images.

kfarb

Sx/sp:

f08d84eb9b63a8542c1e253b487028a7.jpg

6fb27e457f37f29c248dd9a4b380b139.jpg

sp/sx:

557481167c5cce14636c0e61ec419189.jpg

It's a subtle difference but you can see more passion in the first two versus a more emotional /comforting need being met in the second. Both have that slightly dark "we're the only two people on the planet" dramatic feel to them though.

B

brainheart

These pictures (with the possible exception of the second one) actually vibe a little too light and safe to me to read sp/sx. Both stackings are grounded and earthy in terms of energy but to me, sp/sx has an undercurrent of danger and darkness and concealed thirst that's lacking in these images.

Yeah, seems more sp/so.

I get tired of sx/sp always being illustrated as intense romantic relationship, honestly (thanks for a variation [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]). That's not what it's all about. For me it's more about internal wars, inner conflict. Kind of like this-

sx/sp:

innocent.jpg

Yeah, seems more sp/so.

I get tired of sx/sp always being illustrated as intense romantic relationship, honestly (thanks for a variation [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]). That's not what it's all about. For me it's more about internal wars, inner conflict. Kind of like this-

sx/sp:

innocent.jpg

Yeah, whoops, forgot to mention it looked more sp/so.
Agreed on the pic.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
that picture of the couple kissing during a riot makes me think sx/so or maybe sx/sp

8m5OpVkl.jpg