• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Sexual-lasts and 'Passion'

S

Stansmith

Is it possible for an Sx-last songwriter to really "touch" people emotionally or naturally convey the passion necessary to do so? The only example I can think of is Morrissey (4w3 Sp/So), but all Fours might as well be Sx-types.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it possible for an Sx-last songwriter to really "touch" people emotionally or naturally convey the passion necessary to do so? The only example I can think of is Morrissey (4w3 Sp/So), but all Fours might as well be Sx-types.

I used to when I was younger, but I lost my touch…

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I initially thought this was just about sx-lasts and I was gonna be like, "I'm pretty sure anyone can touch you emotionally as you get closer to them over time." :thinking:

For songwriters, Ingrid Michaelson may be an so/sp (from what I remember) and I really like her music.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
all 4s might as well be sx? that's the silliest thing i've ever read! maybe on PersonalityCafé where everyone claims to be 4 sx because they enjoy sex and therefore they are oh so very sx, when in reality so/sp is the most common stacking.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
all 4s might as well be sx? that's the silliest thing i've ever read! maybe on PersonalityCafé where everyone claims to be 4 sx because they enjoy sex and therefore they are oh so very sx, when in reality so/sp is the most common stacking.
I think what [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] means is that 4s kind of have a Sx quality to them regardless of their instinctual stacking. It's true of me, and I'm Sx-last.

I think with some other types this can be true too. Sx-last 6s can be quite passionate too in their mode of artistic expression, even though they may be more diffuse in their general communication style. I'm not sure about others; perhaps 1s and 8s are the same?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

LOL! And where you are probably a 6.

In response to the OP, I've had a sx-last 5w6 insist she was a very passionate person, but that it simply didn't manifest in an I'm-going-to-obsess-about-this-day-and-night, sx-first sort of way. That's the only evidence I have on that front, but I can imagine that being able to "touch" others with passion is a very human quality, not confined solely to sx-firsts. I think the instinct is only responsible for the way it manifests.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sanjuro said:
That's the only evidence I have on that front, but I can imagine that being able to "touch" others with passion is a very human quality, not confined solely to sx-firsts. I think the instinct is only responsible for the way it manifests.

Yeah. Like Sanjuro said, different ways of manifesting. I think everyone has a little something in them that reaches out to touch others. I don't know how many people channel that into songwriting... but certainly there are many ways of connecting with others. I think it'd be easier for a Sx type to touch another Sx type but maybe a Sx-last wouldn't feel that connection. Maybe Sp/So would connect more hearing about personal struggle and establishing their place in the world, while Sx/So would feel more in tune with hearing about the drive to shake up the world and revolutionize the status quo - something like that.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think the instinct is only responsible for the way it manifests.

Yeah. Like Sanjuro said, different ways of manifesting. I think everyone has a little something in them that reaches out to touch others. I don't know how many people channel that into songwriting... but certainly there are many ways of connecting with others. I think it'd be easier for a Sx type to touch another Sx type but maybe a Sx-last wouldn't feel that connection. Maybe Sp/So would connect more hearing about personal struggle and establishing their place in the world, while Sx/So would feel more in tune with hearing about the drive to shake up the world and revolutionize the status quo - something like that.
I agree with this. :yes:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I personally want to know what passion for the sx last feels like in general.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I personally want to know what passion for the sx last feels like in general.

If I feel it, it is an intense energy in my chest.
Though I haven't felt it in a long time…
I miss the feeling…

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I still don't sip the Kool-aid like so many others on these sites and I still believe that sex and the sx variant are definitely related.

If I feel it, it is an intense energy in my chest.
Though I haven't felt it in a long time…
I miss the feeling…

Why don't you feel it anymore?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
As a SX laster of sorts. My passion is generally towards addictions and things like that. IE it's somewhat difficult for me to get excited, but I typically tend to obsess over things that I found. Even if I knowingly think they are sort of stupid. IE I tend to look at various internet articles as if I'm glued to them, and I more or less marathoned Breaking Bad. Only taking a break to get snacks.

The most extreme of which is when I was reading a site called TVtropes. I would often view their articles for literal weeks before taking small breaks to do it again while listening to music, though now I have no interest in it and more or less forgot all about it. I also tend to eat even whenever I am full, because the craving of the food stuffs is too intense, despite the fact that my belly is aching. I also masturbate a lot. 3-4 times a day is the normal for me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a SX laster of sorts. My passion is generally towards addictions and things like that. IE it's somewhat difficult for me to get excited, but I typically tend to obsess over things that I found. Even if I knowingly think they are sort of stupid. IE I tend to look at various internet articles as if I'm glued to them, and I more or less marathoned Breaking Bad. Only taking a break to get snacks.

The most extreme of which is when I was reading a site called TVtropes. I would often view their articles for literal weeks before taking small breaks to do it again while listening to music, though now I have no interest in it and more or less forgot all about it. I also tend to eat even whenever I am full, because the craving of the food stuffs is too intense, despite the fact that my belly is aching. I also masturbate a lot. 3-4 times a day is the normal for me.

What exactly do you do for a living?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I still don't sip the Kool-aid like so many others on these sites and I still believe that sex and the sx variant are definitely related.

Why don't you feel it anymore?
It's hard to get excited anymore…
I'm stuck in a rut, and I lack self-confidence…

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel dense like I'm not following this thread. :(
Passion to me is not necessarily a constant. Like the overused passion for {fill in the blank whatever is your thing in this world.} Passion between two people has to do with chemistry. I think passion in someone saying they lost their touch- can get ignited with that right partner that the chemistry is THERE. As for it manifesting in art- I think it's just a matter of feeling free at a time when you are focused and relaxed and allowing it to emerge. Am I a dork and kindergarten- I feel you guys are like talking on some major plane that I don't understand. lol ;)