• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] SP-doms and pets.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a couple of questions, I guess, for Sp-doms, if you guys wanna indulge me (please state your full instintual sequence for reference when you answer - sp-so or sp-sx)

1. Do you like pets? If yes, continue
2. What kind of pets appeal to you and why?
3. What do you expect from a pet?
4. Describe your perfect pet
5. Describe what kind of bond you'd want with a pet
6. What kind of activity do you enjoy sharing with your pet
7a. How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs?
7b. And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet?

Sunny Ghost

I think I'm SP/SO. I used to think I was SX/SP. SP/SO seems to make more sense though.

Anywho...

1. Yes! I love the company of animals.
2. I've mostly had cats, but dogs as well. I like cats when I'm home and being lazy. I love how they just curl up with me when I'm watching tv or studying. I like dogs when I'm more active and going on trail runs or walks. Or if I want a companion for a car ride that doesn't talk.
3. Nothing but companionship.
4. I've had lots of pets, and don't think I could say there is one perfect pet. I've liked the unique personalities of each one.
5. I tend to favor the cats that curl up with me at night in my bed. I've only had two that just like to curl up under the covers with me. The others fear I'm smothering them.
6. All. Hanging at the house. Going out and about. I make friends easily, but often prefer the company of my animals since they don't talk my head off.
7. I place their food bowls somewhere I can easily see. So anytime the bowls are empty, I fill them up. I'm good about walking my dogs regularly, including friends dogs and my family members dogs. I feel bad if they are couped up all the time.
7b. Both, duty and pleasure. I like to see the animals happy.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sp/sx

1. Yes, I do. Any animal actually.
2. Mostly cats. I also like birds. The more aloof breeds of dog appeal to me more than the ones that need constant interaction. I've had hamsters, guinea pigs (cavy), budgies, cockatiels, an African Grey parrot, greyhound, labrador, several cats (a few ferals)...currently live with an Australian Shepherd. I also love on my roommate's cat. I like dogs but tend to want them more for protection.
3. Just to share their life and space with me. For us to find pleasure in the company of the other. I'd also prefer if they were into warming feet.
Ability to bark/be intimidating if it's a dog.
4. See #3.
5. Lots of trust, care, and affection but know how to leave each other alone when needed.
6. Foot-warming is a must. Anything else is just on the spur of the moment.
7.a. Daily. She has scheduled walks and feeding that my son will take care of. Unless she has a serious illness, I know how to 'play vet'. I admit that I have to be careful not to indulge the animals I live with (same with people) with too many treats, toys, etc. Sometimes being broke is a good thing!
7.b. It feels right to me. They cannot do for themselves, so I do. It gives me a sense of pleasure to do so...from their company.

Sil

This is a test.
I have a couple of questions, I guess, for Sp-doms, if you guys wanna indulge me (please state your full instintual sequence for reference when you answer - sp-so or sp-sx)

7a. How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs?
7b. And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet?

1. Yes. I have been a cat, dog, and fish owner. I enjoy pets quite a lot, but each kind of pet I enjoy for different reasons.
2. Mostly dogs. Fish second. Dogs because they're great companions. They're also very trainable. Fish because they are a challenge. Raising fish is an exercise in ingenuity.
3. I expect whatever they are bred to give.
4. A German Shepherd, trained in both English and German. Purebred, male, with traditional coloring. Regular training plus guard dog training.
5. One of loyalty and trust and fun.
6. Being outdoors, hiking, traveling.
7. Everything stays as is until I notice something is wrong.
7. No. It's just a natural part of owning a pet. No overbearing sense of responsibility or duty.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting subject:smile: It would also be very interesting to know why you feel interested by SP dom liking pet or not [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]

So here I am with my answers :

1.Even if they lose too much hair on my carpets they are a ravishing presence in my house.
2. First and without any doubt : Cat. I love everything about them : their purr, their lovely eyes on me asking for more cuddles, their independance, some of them also love to play,
they also allow me to calm down and relax and ...they love books :D
3. Just that he/she feels good in my house. Whatever animals is welcome in my house is a lucky one !
4. Perfect pet ?:unsure: I don't like perfect stuffs or human beings ! The same for animals ! I just want him/her to keep losing his/her hair on my carpets and sleep with me.
Mine is not perfect at all as, when I want to brush her hair, she often attacks me (even if slightly) ; that prooves me she has kept her instincts. I'm happy for her not to become my puppet !
5. The same as some girls wish fulfilment with a man : Love. Today I can say I have been more happy with pets than men...
I have had a very jealous cat once in my life. He finally left home because he did not like my friend who decided to visit me every sunday.
I love that too, they are quite temperamental.
6. Playing, communicating, relaxing in the sun, looking at the insects and catch them, hidding behind doors, sleeping head against head,
being only just 2 out from that crazy world :happy2: Enjoying the silence and much more...
7.I give food twice a day. Never goes to the Vet until she/he needs it. As an indoor cat she does not need any vaccin.
8.I do it because it is part of her needs and well-being.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting...I think I started the thread way back when - I think- because my INTJ doesn't really love my animals, he tolerates them. As much as he does enjoy them occasionally, the cost-benefit of the hair+care+logistics when on holiday+financial burden for the vet doesn't add up for him.

Could this be an ITJ sp dom thing instead? :D

Edit: also, [MENTION=26324]DaftGuru[/MENTION] 's description makes it uncomfortably clear my INTJ does experience love for what would fit apparently an ITJ's description of a pet, despite the mess... aka me. :shock:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Interesting...I think I started the thread way back when - I think- because my INTJ doesn't really love my animals, he tolerates them. As much as he does enjoy them occasionally, the cost-benefit of the hair+care+logistics when on holiday+financial burden for the vet doesn't add up for him.

I think this is more likely to be the upbringing thing , however IxTJ Sp is probably the most likely to be the one who engages this mindset. I never had a pet due to a number of reasons, but to be honest there is a huge difference between a pet and pets in my opinion. After the number of pets goes above one or perhaps two you basically become tied to them and you can't trully control your life anymore. I simply do not want variable(s) in my life that I will not be able to control and out of which I do not get anything. Having two FP parents was stressful enough.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Edit: also, [MENTION=26324]DaftGuru[/MENTION] 's description makes it uncomfortably clear my INTJ does experience love for what would fit apparently an ITJ's description of a pet, despite the mess... aka me. :shock:

Why stroke a pet when you can stroke a woman? Confused by purpose of pet that a woman can't provide.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why stroke a pet when you can stroke a woman? Confused by purpose of pet that a woman can't provide.
Animals will always love you, no matter what kind of person you are. They provide comfort and constant companionship, people are trouble.

What kind of pets appeal to you and why? + What do you expect from a pet?
Cats, mostly. They're independent, but still want to cuddle every now and then, and they're entertaining. I love the fact that pets are so unaware of everything going on in the world and in your life, they always act the same towards you, no matter what you've done.

Describe your perfect pet
Wouldn't want to exchange my cat for any other. There isn't really a 'perfect pet'.

What kind of activity do you enjoy sharing with your pet
Cuddling mostly, haha. Plus taking photos of them.

How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs?
My cat's really independent and will tell me when he's hungry or wants to go outside. If he's not feeling well, it's apparent most of the time and I'll take him to the doctor immediately.

And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet?
I love taking care of my pet! It's a give-and-take relationship I guess, so I don't mind investing my time and money into my cat.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Difference.

A women will fuck you.

A cat will do a adoringly adorable purring noise and kneed on your chest every time you are drifting to sleep at night and will stubbornly lay on your chest until you move or push it off.

----

A women kneading her claws onto your chest is weird.

having sex with a cat is weird

Ergo. Pets.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I've always had pets as long as I was allowed to and whenever I have any power over it, I have a large dog... I ADORE pets (especially large dogs) :wubbie:

I think I probably already answered that... larger dogs, because they are doggier than smaller dogs :heart:

for it to like me and not eat my face off while I'm sleeping? :unsure: what should I expect of a pet other than for it to be itself really?

dog over 70 lbs... happy to spend time with me and excited when I get home (meaning most dogs over 70 lbs really)

I'm not sure? owner/pet bond perhaps? Our dog is hideously spoiled and is probably treated more like a child in some ways than like a pet (by the man)... I mostly am just happy that he's a dog

exploring new areas, hanging out in the back yard... he enjoys playing tug/fetch with us, but we don't get nearly the joy out of it that he does since he tries to disjoint our arms :thumbdown: conversely, he hates it if I take him jogging with me because he gets tired from running wildly back and forth and sniffing things and I'm still jogging

the dog's bowl is right where I'll trip over it walking through the kitchen and we pass the cats' bowl on the way to the bathroom, so they get checked several times a day... we even take them to the vet for checkups sometimes because I kind of assumed that animals are like people and that it's a good idea

it's just something that you must do if you're a decent human who has a pet... not to care about/for it would be EVIL :shock:

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Can't live without 'em; life feels too faceless.

Anything that looks cool, really. More of a cat person than a dog person, and even then I prefer things that I can guiltlessly keep in a cage (like, snakes and amphibians. They also require less feeding and are less emotionally needy.)

Even then, I still really love cats and dogs, and even socialize with them first OVER other humans. Because it's harder to offend them...I guess?

I expect to be entertained. If a pet is boring and/or dangerous, I am inclined to dislike it. For example, my parents have a detestable old Yorkie that is smelly and grouchy. Normally, this isn't enough to make me hate him...except he always manages to walk in front of my feet, as if deliberately trying to make me fall over. And he attacks pets I care about more than I do him. This is enough for me to feel like he has 'failed to meet my expectations'.

My perfect pet is one that looks sleek and cool, doesn't mind handling, yet is also low-maintenance; if you miss interacting with them for a day due to life catching up with you, they won't immediately take a downturn in physical/psychological health.

I like sand boas, for this reason; they have all the perks of a snake, but they tend to be less pissy/nippy than other snakes. And they don't get so big that they can severely hurt you, even if they were to try.

I want to be more interested in it than it is me; reason being I get really annoyed when they want more from me than I can give them. I used to be attached at the hip to my cat. However, she's recently desired more attention and affection than I alone can give, which has become a major annoyance.

However, I don't want a pet that it so disinterested in me that it doesn't want to interact with me.

I like watching movies with my animals, watching them while I smoke/chat with my friends, etc.

Daily/every six hours or more, depending on the pet. Things like snakes can afford to wait a day or so before maintenance,

Sense of duty; I get a little pleasure out of making something dirty clean again, but that doesn't overpower my sense of disgust I get from having to deal with a possible mess. I DO enjoy watching my animals eat, though...

I...hate dealing with mammal crap. Amphibian/reptile crap I can handle, if not barely. But mammalian crap is too similar to human crap for me to handle.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In many ways, I find pets easier to talk to than humans. I have since a young age. A very sp individual here who has a somewhat balanced so variant following.

As said above, yes. I am an animal lover and love mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and fish. I dream of owning a pet collection in the future. They have complex emotional lives as humans do and can really understand us.

Many types of pets. I used to be a biased dog person, now love cats. I have owned one dog in the past, a Cocker Spaniel. I like reptiles and snakes as well and want to own some geckos and snakes in the future. I've been comparing and contrasting the prices of snakes at a local petstore, ball pythons and banana ball pythons. I used to own pet guinea pigs, wouldn't mind owning them again. One friend said she thinks of me as a guinea pig person because of that.

I expect a companion who will keep you company, you can name, and will be part of the family. As said above, I like a variety of pets and animals have different ways of expressing this across species. I have a friend who has a snake who feels like the snake can't really bond with him but even so, it's our responsibility to care for our animals. Humans are probably very strange to them.

I think as mentioned above, it varies from species to species. I would be happy with most animals that I got. I am more happy if they form a bond but even if they don't, they are still living creatures. If people complain about their pets or dislike them, I find this to be a special kind of despicable.

I would want a bond that was like a good friend or a family member.

I like playing with toys if it's a dog or a cat. My cousin has a pet gecko and I like feeding her and holding her. I like it when she walks on me. They express emotions in their own special little ways.

I check up on the health several times a day. I currently own a cat and feed her and change her water twice a day.

I try to get to know the pet, care for the pet, and protect the pet.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the most part yeah. I think the only real problem I have with pets is the maintenance.

I'm a big fan of fish, crustaceans (kek like a Krayfish), and lizards, though I've never had any of those myself. There's no real deep meaning as to why I enjoy them in particular, I just find them to be the cutest (and in particular, fish are relatively low maintenance. I'm a fan of goats too. Cats and dogs are also nice, but since I'm not affectionate at all I'm prone to feeling guilty having them (and also cats hate me).

Entertainment? Looks sort of excited when I fee it so I can pretend that it loves me? Lets me touch it sometimes.

Ideally, I'd like the pet to be relatively low maintenance. I don't really mind cleaning up after it, feeding it, washing it, and even giving it attention but also I'm not really keen on a pet which requires me to spend a huge amount of time and money on environment maintenance. Honestly the work itself wouldn't be that bad, but I'm somewhat forgetful so... I need something relatively hardy. I'd also like a pet that I can touch sometimes and doesn't require a huge amount of physical affection.

I just want to love it I guess? Even if it only loves me because I feed it. I want it to be excited when I'm around and I want the same sort of response from myself.

(I have a dog) I love playing with him and going on walks for the most part. Cuddling is also nice when I'm in the mood for that.

I'm at college so that isn't really my responsibility. When I was home, I checked on occasion but since my mother mostly handled that I didn't pay that much attention to it.

Pleasure for me, since I don't actually have to check the bowls since someone else will take care of that.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
4w5 sp/sx

1. Do you like pets? If yes, continue: Yes
2. What kind of pets appeal to you and why? Cats because they're purrfect.
3. What do you expect from a pet? Cats are so awesome I don't need to expect anything from them.
4. Describe your perfect pet: adult housecat, fairly affectionate but not super-needy
5. Describe what kind of bond you'd want with a pet: love
6. What kind of activity do you enjoy sharing with your pet: sleeping
7a. How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs? A few times a day
7b. And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet? I guess so

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I love pets. They're adorable and quirky and just make loyal companions. The house would just feel eerie and lonely if I didn't have one. I'd probably feel lonelier living without a pet than with a human.

I adore dogs, but cats are up there too. Dogs because they're friendly and I like their quirks, like when they lay on their back and smile and when they snarl randomly. Cats because of their purring and nuzzles and independent nature. Never had one but birds are stunning and they'd be fun to talk with I think(even if it's just chirping). Reptiles of all kinds I find really cool, and it'd be cool having an aquarium to decorate with lots of colorful fish inside(I like those brain fish). So yeah, there are a lot of animals I'd like to have.

I don't really expect much, just a pet who's a good pal and fun to be around

Hmmm I'd say one who's loyal and silly and is happy to see me after I've been away. One who spends lots of time with me while letting me able to do my own thing at the same time.

Best friends, of course

Cuddling for sure. One of my kitties chirps at the light that reflects off my phone, so I like to treat my phone like a laser pointer and move it around. I also like to give them treats and play ball with the doggo. He growls when he's too lazy to get the ball which is pretty funny, and he won't get the ball if it lands on the vent cause it scares him.

I do it a lot. The food bowls are usually in the corner of my eye, so I keep an eye on them. My dogs' bowls are downstairs and the kitty bowls are upstairs, so if I'm downstairs I check on the doggy stuff and if I'm upstairs the kitty stuff. Also, I feel bad leaving my animals alone a lot of the time, especially my dog cause he loves people a lot and he has wrinkles on his head so he's good at making a sad face. If my dog is home alone, we'll put the TV on for him, mostly nature documentaries or kids' shows.

More duty than anything, plus just keeping them safe and content and not wanting them to die

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I do very much they are cute.

Probably dogs as I am a dog person myself and I have a canine companion a very cute beagle my boi Wilson.

Snuggles, boops and fun times

My Wilson

Close friends.

Snuggles, walks and playing tug of war and snuggling me up in bed

Hmmmmm my mom and dad mostly do that but I do give Wilson little bites from my meals

Pleasure mostly I like to watch him eat and it feels like bonding time.