• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx doms and a unique sense of style and dress

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I post this picture everywhere. More or less illustrates my dress. Kinda old though, I need a new picture.

154442_10150773564507460_656259532_n.jpg

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] Why is sp so boring? I don't see how sp would just be about functionality... I think core type would have much influence here. But people always seem to imagine sp in terms of being an e6 or e1 or something....

To me, sp dress is about autonomy. It's about personal identity & how emotionally comfortable you are with a visual translation of it. For some sp types, that might mean no fuss, because they generally see themselves as utilitarian. But as a 4 core or just as ME, I can't stand plainness. I feel dead, disconnected from my inner "spirit", so there's an emotional discomfort that far outweighs any possible physical discomfort. Functionality is the least of my concerns in my dress. Whatever expression I do with my dress is more about not being repressed than actively seeking to communicate to people, although I think part of me does make it a passive voice (I may let it speak for me, being a quiet person). It's asserting the ownership over my physical self.

I'd be sx/so based on the ideas of sp from others here.... However, I get a lot of compliments for being creative & risk-taking without being tacky. I notice a lot of the sx types cited veer into "tacky" or "tasteless". I'm not as sleek or timeless as an so might be either, though. I'm more "dress to express" than "dress to impress". But considering I can live under a rock & not watch TV or know who many new celebrities are, I do seem to know how fashion is evolving (even before it actually manifests), more as part of a cultural zeitgeist & sense of what almost "logically" will emerge next, rather than gathering literal info on the matter. I have more interest in avant garde or street style than famous people too, and counter-cultures & sub-cultures are rather fascinating as far the distinct looks they produce.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
@Stan Smith

I'm glad that you agree with me about how Sx doms generally dress. Also, I think that you are correct and I believe that So doms do tend to follow the current fashion trends. I would also like to add that I believe that the so/sx people generally tend to follow the more "loud" fashion trends like Will Smith did in "Fresh Prince" for example, and the so/sp people tend to follow the more plain fashion trends.
[MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION]

Go ahead and post a picture of yourself. I wanna see what you look like.
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]

Yeah it makes sense that you would dress like that. I've noticed that 4w5's tend to have a very unique style of dress and so do a lot of sx/sp. If you combine them both together, then you basically have a Tim Burton mother fucker on your hands.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

I totally agree with you and also believe that Sx/so dresses more flashy and that sx/sp dresses more dark and mysteriously.

Some examples of a Sx/so dress style:

23m5zr4.jpg

d11.jpg

Some examples of a sx/sp style of dress:

blue-purple-emo-scene-alternative--large-msg-131697287785.jpg

images

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
View attachment 10027

I have a thing for dresses like this. Does it say anything to you about my instincts or what?

S

Stansmith

Eh, at least personally, I am usually fairly put-off by most celebrity trends. They're often bizarre, impractical, unappealing, and occasionally celebrities look like they fell out of a dumpster, which is sort of mind-boggling considering the amount of resources they tend to have. IMO many celebrity trends don't jibe well with so-harmony. There is a lot of sx going on in Hollywood. But yes, probably lots of so-doms on tumblr and pinterest.

What I notice with sx, so, and sp is that each has a certain "flavor". Sx tends to have some edge, so has more softness, and I agree that sp has utility - I also tend to see out of sp more "classic" styles. But I think it's also in how clothes are worn, not just what they are.

sx/sp 9 ISTP brother tends to dress preppy/casual/sleek. He's slender and muscular, and is usually in a close-fitting v-neck t-shirt, sometimes a button-down over that, classic khakis and boat shoes. Corduroys in the winter.

sx/so 6? INFP? that I know at work wears brightly-colored summer dresses most of the time, with lots of jewelry and funky shoes, light makeup.

sx/so 6 ENFJ that I know at work wears tight-fitting yoga pants or close-cut jeans and tight-fitting feminine cut t-shirt tops, sometimes smoky eye makeup.

sx/so 7 ENFP? aunt is a huge fashionista and wears all sorts of Prada and Dior and tight dresses and slim pants and animal prints and crazy heels, makeup.

sx/sp? 9? ESFP? friend from school has tons of colorful tattoos and wears tight-fitting jeans, tops, and dresses (she's a bartender), with dark eyeliner and bold lips.

It seems like sx/so style is more flashy and sx/sp is more dark/edgy...

Living in NYC you see a pretty diverse range of outfits. Most hypebeasts (the stereotypical ones who look uncomfortable in what they're wearing) I see seem like So/Sx's.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]

1. When did I ever say anything about people that dress flamboyantly being correlated with feelers exclusively? I never said that.

2. No Lady X, wanting to stand out like a sore thumb through your dress code is not like most women. It is an sx dom thing. Wanting to look sexy through your style of dress is normal for a woman though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is more So/Sx imo (or even a more gregarious Sp/Sx)

@OT
Sx/Sp

some styles of dress I would find appealing

various ethic garb is also a guilty pleasure :tongue:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] Why is sp so boring? I don't see how sp would just be about functionality... I think core type would have much influence here. But people always seem to imagine sp in terms of being an e6 or e1 or something....

To me, sp dress is about autonomy. It's about personal identity & how emotionally comfortable you are with a visual translation of it. For some sp types, that might mean no fuss, because they generally see themselves as utilitarian. But as a 4 core or just as ME, I can't stand plainness. I feel dead, disconnected from my inner "spirit", so there's an emotional discomfort that far outweighs any possible physical discomfort. Functionality is the least of my concerns in my dress. Whatever expression I do with my dress is more about not being repressed than actively seeking to communicate to people, although I think part of me does make it a passive voice (I may let it speak for me, being a quiet person). It's asserting the ownership over my physical self.

I'd be sx/so based on the ideas of sp from others here.... However, I get a lot of compliments for being creative & risk-taking without being tacky. I notice a lot of the sx types cited veer into "tacky" or "tasteless". I'm not as sleek or timeless as an so might be either, though. I'm more "dress to express" than "dress to impress". But considering I can live under a rock & not watch TV or know who many new celebrities are, I do seem to know how fashion is evolving (even before it actually manifests), more as part of a cultural zeitgeist & sense of what almost "logically" will emerge next, rather than gathering literal info on the matter. I have more interest in avant garde or street style than famous people too, and counter-cultures & sub-cultures are rather fascinating as far the distinct looks they produce.

I've noticed that sp/sx people with strong sx tend to have a much more flamboyant style of dress. It's really the sp/so dress style that tends to be more conventional, plain-Jane looking.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]

1. When did I ever say anything about people that dress flamboyantly being correlated with feelers exclusively? I never said that.

2. No Lady X, wanting to stand out like a sore thumb through your dress code is not like most women. It is an sx dom thing. Wanting to look sexy through your style of dress is normal for a woman though.

No you said fashion as did I when responding to it. :/

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting…
I am an Sx-last male ENFP, which is supposedly rare.
Does this mean that as a So/Sp 7w6 male ENFP, I am dull?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

I think that Kanye is Sx/sp. He has too loud of a presence to be a sp/sx.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh? I'm confused.

Okay... I don't know why you can scroll up too yeah?

You were explaining to me that you never said it was feelers who dressed flamboyantly and I said no you said fashion was the feelers domain or something to that affect and that's what I was disagreeing with.

Not disagreeing that the expression chosen would reflect someone's type or instincts.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Okay... I don't know why you can scroll up too yeah?

You were explaining to me that you never said it was feelers who dressed flamboyantly and I said no you said fashion was the feelers domain or something to that affect and that's what I was disagreeing with.

Not disagreeing that the expression chosen would reflect someone's type or instincts.

I never said that.