• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx doms and a unique sense of style and dress

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So I've noticed that Sx doms tend to have a very unique sense of both style and dress. This goes especially for the core 7 sx doms as well as the people with a strong 7 wing (8w7's and 6w7's), as well as the people that are core 4's. On the other hand, I've noticed that the sx last people tend to have a much more plain style of dress. Many times I can often identify someone's variants as well based on their style of dress. For instance, pretty much anyone I've ever met who dresses in the emo style of dress tends to be sx/sp. So for instance, if I see someone dressed like this, I've noticed they are almost always sx/sp...

images

Also I've tended to notice that if a person has a lot of tattoos they are almost never sx last as well. In fact, most I would say are sx doms. When I see this, I think Sx dom as well...

images

People with strong sx also tend to tend to wear very flamboyant clothing as well from what I've noticed. Like this for example...

images

tumblr_ml98uquiJS1qdxd3qo1_500.png

th

Now bear in mind these are all very extreme examples of the kind of outfits that people with strong sx wear. All that I am basically trying to say is that the people with strong sx tend to often times dress outlandishly. Now many times they will dress normally as well, and that's also quite common. However, I almost never see a person whom is sx last dress in a very flamboyant or diva-ish way. This seems to be exclusively an sx thing. I've noticed that people that are sx last tend to dress in a very plain style that doesn't really grab attention, like this for example...

th

th

th

Has anyone else here noticed this?
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

You folks may want to check out this thread.

S

Stansmith

So - Trendy, normal, classic or stylish (depending on core type, MBTI and second instinct)

Hangover-3-Premiere-Kid-Cudi.jpg

tumblr_mlivj55DL71qcd16vo1_500.jpg

ryan-gosling-435.jpg

Sx - Weird, self-indulgent, often revealing (I can't see myself going sleeveless, lol), or blatantly "different"

5794970168_eff2489bd6_z.jpg

tyler%2Bthe%2Bcreator%2Band%2BHodgy%2BBeats.jpg

asap-04.jpg

Russell_Brand__1578401a.jpg

Some just don't give a sh-t, while others like 3s or thinkers can be more conservative. Fashion is feeler territory honestly.

Sp - Functional

jobs1.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think this is probably true. I am not a constant fashionista but I do think I have my own signature style pieces when I do bother with it, and even when I am casual I am not above wearing bright colors for fun or painting my toe nails blue.

Im fairly certain that I rarely dress like "an adult."

I have a Hello Kitty back pack for godssake.

People are always commenting on my bags and wallet.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So - Trendy, normal, classic or stylish (depending on core type, MBTI and second instinct)

Hangover-3-Premiere-Kid-Cudi.jpg

tumblr_mlivj55DL71qcd16vo1_500.jpg

Sx - Weird, self-indulgent, often revealing (I can't see myself going sleeveless, lol), or blatantly "different"

5794970168_eff2489bd6_z.jpg

Some don't give a sh-t, while others like 3s or thinkers can be more conservative. Fashion is feeler territory honestly.

Sp - Functional

jobs1.jpg

Yes like an sx dom who is also an ISTJ might wear all blacks and have a kind of understated wardrobe. But a Flock of Seagulls haircut.

Now I want to post a photo of my awesome purse. I should come back later with images.

S

Stansmith

I tend to wear stuff like this:

Drive9_GQ_14Sep11_320.jpg

tumblr_m0gikg76D91qzdtod.jpg

I'm more of a Fall-person when it comes to dressing, whereas I imagine most Sx-doms are really into summer fashion.

S

Stansmith

I've seen So-doms (usually so/sxs) wear weird stuff too, but they're usually copying outfits they've seen on celebrities or on tumblr. Sx weirdness is more spontaneous and original.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tend to wear stuff like this:

Drive9_GQ_14Sep11_320.jpg

tumblr_m0gikg76D91qzdtod.jpg

I'm more of a Fall-person when it comes to dressing, whereas I imagine most Sx-doms are really into summer fashion.

Actually winter clothes have more potential to be interesting. When I was in college in west Virginia I had a black veiled funeral hat from the 1950s. I have also started dreaming about buying skirts and shoes for the fall here, with a mod retro vibe. It might even make me look like a grown up.

Summer clothes are easier and sexier, it takes far less efforts to throw a leopard print sun dress on.

I really like to be comfortable though. Like when I was a dancer I got to wear stiletto heels and velvety dresses and false eye lashes. But when not at work I would wear jeans and tee shirts.

I was really conscious of the way I dressed in my high school years and directly afterward but I honestly feel fashion as a hobby isn't something I want to bother with on a daily basis.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I've noticed that Sx doms tend to have a very unique sense of both style and dress. This goes especially for the core 7 sx doms

Oh, man. So...tempted...to post a picture...of self...must...resist...

Im fairly certain that I rarely dress like "an adult."

I can relate to that.

I have to dress very neatly (albeit still fashionably) for a certain type of shift at work. Once I'm done with the main task of that shift, though, it's right back to ripped jeans, black boots, and Mardi Gras beads.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep. A photo from a photoshoot and actual wardrobeIMG_7034.jpg

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now I'm a 4w5, so I'm weird anyway, but this is definitely true in my case. I've been called "outlandish" and everything. ;)

I actually really like all the images you've listed there as representative of sx-firsters. Pretty cool, huh?

And--the girl you list here actually has my EXACT hairstyle (and very similar eye-makeup, for that matter).

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I definitely go bold with my look a lot of times. I love bright colors, funky prints, and interesting pieces. I have a lot of interesting t-shirts that I've collected over the years from thrift stores. I do tend to go understated a lot of the time, but it's calculated. Like a solid colored fitted tee with jeans and some cool sneakers. Probably with a printed scarf or retro accessories to funk it up. I definitely use style as a form of self-expression, no matter how loud I am with it. As far as following trends, I stay current but always need to add my own flare. I never want to feel like I look like everyone else.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True for me.

People tend to request access to my wardrobe around halloween, ive found :coffee:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've seen So-doms (usually so/sxs) wear weird stuff too, but they're usually copying outfits they've seen on celebrities or on tumblr. Sx weirdness is more spontaneous and original.

Eh, at least personally, I am usually fairly put-off by most celebrity trends. They're often bizarre, impractical, unappealing, and occasionally celebrities look like they fell out of a dumpster, which is sort of mind-boggling considering the amount of resources they tend to have. IMO many celebrity trends don't jibe well with so-harmony. There is a lot of sx going on in Hollywood. But yes, probably lots of so-doms on tumblr and pinterest.

What I notice with sx, so, and sp is that each has a certain "flavor". Sx tends to have some edge, so has more softness, and I agree that sp has utility - I also tend to see out of sp more "classic" styles. But I think it's also in how clothes are worn, not just what they are.

sx/sp 9 ISTP brother tends to dress preppy/casual/sleek. He's slender and muscular, and is usually in a close-fitting v-neck t-shirt, sometimes a button-down over that, classic khakis and boat shoes. Corduroys in the winter.

sx/so 6? INFP? that I know at work wears brightly-colored summer dresses most of the time, with lots of jewelry and funky shoes, light makeup.

sx/so 6 ENFJ that I know at work wears tight-fitting yoga pants or close-cut jeans and tight-fitting feminine cut t-shirt tops, sometimes smoky eye makeup.

sx/so 7 ENFP? aunt is a huge fashionista and wears all sorts of Prada and Dior and tight dresses and slim pants and animal prints and crazy heels, makeup.

sx/sp? 9? ESFP? friend from school has tons of colorful tattoos and wears tight-fitting jeans, tops, and dresses (she's a bartender), with dark eyeliner and bold lips.

It seems like sx/so style is more flashy and sx/sp is more dark/edgy...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, at least personally, I am usually fairly put-off by most celebrity trends. They're often bizarre, impractical, unappealing, and occasionally celebrities look like they fell out of a dumpster, which is sort of mind-boggling considering the amount of resources they tend to have. IMO many celebrity trends don't jibe well with so-harmony. There is a lot of sx going on in Hollywood. But yes, probably lots of so-doms on tumblr and pinterest.

What I notice with sx, so, and sp is that each has a certain "flavor". Sx tends to have some edge, so has more softness, and I agree that sp has utility - I also tend to see out of sp more "classic" styles. But I think it's also in how clothes are worn, not just what they are.

sx/sp 9 ISTP brother tends to dress preppy/casual/sleek. He's slender and muscular, and is usually in a close-fitting v-neck t-shirt, sometimes a button-down over that, classic khakis and boat shoes. Corduroys in the winter.

sx/so 6? INFP? that I know at work wears brightly-colored summer dresses most of the time, with lots of jewelry and funky shoes, light makeup.

sx/so 6 ENFJ that I know at work wears tight-fitting yoga pants or close-cut jeans and tight-fitting feminine cut t-shirt tops, sometimes smoky eye makeup.

sx/so 7 ENFP? aunt is a huge fashionista and wears all sorts of Prada and Dior and tight dresses and slim pants and animal prints and crazy heels, makeup.

sx/sp? 9? ESFP? friend from school has tons of colorful tattoos and wears tight-fitting jeans, tops, and dresses (she's a bartender), with dark eyeliner and bold lips.

I relate to the idea that sx/sp would have an edge to it. I like to dress feminine but not too sweet.
I like mixing the oh so pretty with hey fuck you! Haha

But have to disagree with you oh great one about fashion being feeler territory. That's complete rubbish ya know.

Intjs often have got it seriously going on. I mean in the whole structured with an edge prada type look.
My istj ex dressed like a very well dressed grandpa most the time but he definitely had an eye for fashion. He worked at Niemans through college.

I know...He's just one istj... But I also had some entj friends who were always flawlessly dressed too.

Anyway yeah I think t's will be more polished tho... More stream lined and tailored and feelers will be more flowy and Betsy johnsonish not that I wear her but you know what I mean... More artsy unstructured etc.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to buy my clothes at thrift/antique stores. I do tend to use clothes as metaphors for my personality for example, I like a delicate, grungy look with thin, see-through layers and uneven hemlines. That is because I tend to blur boundaries in my mind and have a dichotomy of sensitivity and toughness of femininity and tom-boyishness.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dislike most celebrity outfits because, as you said, they look like they just fell out of a dumpster :laughing: (Ke$ha comes to mind immediately)

I tend to like loud, dramatic clothing, but I want to do it in a way that works as opposed to just looking stupid. for example:

Brad-Pitt-in-Ocean-s-Eleven-brad-pitt-13023862-1067-800.jpg

at the same time, dark and seductive clothing probably appeals to me most, but I have a hard time finding pics of it that I like.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread actually made me realize how much my sxness comes out in this way. I mean I actually don't own anything that I don't feel attractive in. And there's certain things I will just never wear like your standard cut tee shirt. I don't own one. I will only wear fitted tee shirts but I prefer tank tops.

So yeah when I get dressed I can't just look or feel ordinary... I mean even when I do... Like I'm in yoga pants and a tank top hair in a pony tail and no make up which is pretty ordinary... But it's not shapeless and unflattering... I still feel cute..know what I mean?

So yeah that feeling cute is important to sx doms. I kinda forgot that in your last thread about us feeling attractive...:/

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ ha I just realized that's probably not type specific at all. That's actually probably just most girls or people in general so never mind.

W

WALMART

Thick solid V-neck T-shirts and athletic shorts with my barefoot merrils, 24/7. Solid black hoodie during the winter.

I think I look cooler than trying, at least.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sx dress for power. so dress for fun.

as with anyone, however, you have to feel empowered to claim whatever power you can use. sx will usually commit to looking for it, will usually follow the path to their own personal empowerment with more focus and determination than so. so will respond to other people's expectations with a little more flexibility and willingness to make others happy/comfortable.

sx is more willing to take their identity and say, staring you directly in the face, mine.