• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Questions on Sx/So's

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?" I'd rather have objective observations instead of opinions of what's going through their minds [...] everyone else, What are your perceptions of Sx/So's?

They seem like 'public property'. They're the folks saying "My shoulder is always there to cry on," "My home is always open for you!" or picking up sad strangers "My DMs are open if you need!"

They give themselves in service. Guilty and sad when they get depleted or can't offer anything. Their style of interaction and speaking and the dynamics they have with others makes it seem that acceptance / a 'yes' is the default answer to expect from them. They overly justify and overly defend when they have to decline something, as if to somehow justify or convince the other person (or themselves) that they should have a right to say no, instead of assuming that right naturally as a given.

In the course of doing this, they usually 'advertise' themselves and what they have to offer for others, which when dialled to the max can come cross as 'exhibitionistic'. They live in the social realm, which they have made their home, a place welcome to everyone else. You can be privy to many details about their life even without asking. Their life is 'out there', 'oh exhibit', and if not observable to others, broadcasted and advertised by the sx/so themselves.