• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Elfboy's Instinctual Variant Test

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow I was pretty close on all of my variants. I wonder what DiscoBiscuit and EJCC would test. These too also look like they may have strong influences from all 3 variants.
Social: 45
Self Preservation: 27
Sexual: 32

The sp ones that I put 5 on were, I think, more SJ related than sp related. (e.g. saving money.)

Also on this website that skylights showed me, that has description of lightside/darkside/etc stacking subtypes, the description of the "lightside so/sx" -- i.e. the so/sx that is mostly so with a little sx+sp -- fit me perfectly.

Edit: I also don't think I'd call your scores "close". Though I'm biased, b/c the scores were accurate for me, and, I believe, for you.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
30/34/34
Detailed questionnaire in spoiler.

So I'm still undecided about sx/sp and sp/sx. Here are some characteristics of me which fit each:

sp
-I'm very health conscious. It's one of the most important things to me.
-I'm always prepared.
-I think a lot about how to prepare for surviving crises, and I like to think about sustainable living and living off the grid and such. I think about how to build houses out of bamboo and stuff and what I would do for water filtration and showers etc.
-I hate violence. Bodily destruction freaks me out.
-I hate spending money. A lot. But I still buy organic food.
-I don't sacrifice my survival needs and sense of well being for much of anything.
-I always carry water and snacks.
-I wouldn't compromise my physical boundaries for other sp things, like I wouldn't have sex with some pervy guy for money.
-I like working.
-I hate heavy restrictive clothes. I like tight but thin clothes.

sx
-I am very energetic.
-I see everything as sexual energy in some way; life is sex with the universe. I try to have sex with trees lol. It's just an energy exchange, and everything is energy.
-I sexualize everything.
-I have little concept of boundaries. Physically I overcompensate by not wanting anyone to get close to me, but psychologically I expect it to be perfectly natural to just jump into someone's head and have them in mine.
-With affection I'm kind of all or nothing.
-I like intense one on one interaction. It energizes me.
-I can get jealous easily, and have to tell myself to stop.
-I always like to look sexy. Like sexual energy just feels like part of who I am, and I feel like it would be repressing myself to not show it. At least I always want to look good, and my idea of looking good tends to be rather sexy. Often my idea of just being free ends up looking too sexual, like going out without a bra and in a short skirt- so I have to tone it down a little.
-I think about how people are sexually, and try to use my intuition to find out. I'm usually right.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Social: 45
Self Preservation: 27
Sexual: 32

The sp ones that I put 5 on were, I think, more SJ related than sp related. (e.g. saving money.)

Also on this website that skylights showed me, that has description of lightside/darkside/etc stacking subtypes, the description of the "lightside so/sx" -- i.e. the so/sx that is mostly so with a little sx+sp -- fit me perfectly.

Edit: I also don't think I'd call your scores "close". Though I'm biased, b/c the scores were accurate for me, and, I believe, for you.

Yeah, I thought that you would be close on all of them. I also know about so/sx lightside, darkside, mercurial, etc. They all came from a private enneagram site called, "typewatch" that you pretty much have to know someone to get into. I have literally talked with all of the people that created that blogspot where you got all of that stuff as well because I used to be a member of that site. They mostly type based on energy though, and if you were to type me based on energy I would be either so/sx mercurial (so with average sx) or sx/so coolside (sx with strong so).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
30/34/34
Detailed questionnaire in spoiler.

So I'm still undecided about sx/sp and sp/sx. Here are some characteristics of me which fit each:

sp
-I'm very health conscious. It's one of the most important things to me.
-I'm always prepared.
-I think a lot about how to prepare for surviving crises, and I like to think about sustainable living and living off the grid and such. I think about how to build houses out of bamboo and stuff and what I would do for water filtration and showers etc.
-I hate violence. Bodily destruction freaks me out.
-I hate spending money. A lot. But I still buy organic food.
-I don't sacrifice my survival needs and sense of well being for much of anything.
-I always carry water and snacks.
-I wouldn't compromise my physical boundaries for other sp things, like I wouldn't have sex with some pervy guy for money.
-I like working.
-I hate heavy restrictive clothes. I like tight but thin clothes.

sx
-I am very energetic.
-I see everything as sexual energy in some way; life is sex with the universe. I try to have sex with trees lol. It's just an energy exchange, and everything is energy.
-I sexualize everything.
-I have little concept of boundaries. Physically I overcompensate by not wanting anyone to get close to me, but psychologically I expect it to be perfectly natural to just jump into someone's head and have them in mine.
-With affection I'm kind of all or nothing.
-I like intense one on one interaction. It energizes me.
-I can get jealous easily, and have to tell myself to stop.
-I always like to look sexy. Like sexual energy just feels like part of who I am, and I feel like it would be repressing myself to not show it. At least I always want to look good, and my idea of looking good tends to be rather sexy. Often my idea of just being free ends up looking too sexual, like going out without a bra and in a short skirt- so I have to tone it down a little.
-I think about how people are sexually, and try to use my intuition to find out. I'm usually right.

Wow. So Sexual and self pres were at a dead tie for you. Interesting.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. So Sexual and self pres were at a dead tie for you. Interesting.

Yep. If you would be so kind as to help me figure it out, if I am indeed one more than the other, I would appreciate it.

B

brainheart

I like it, but the self pres strikes me as overly composed and dull (maybe self pres is that dull?). It really clears up that social is last. I felt like I was reading a foreign language when I went through that section.

social= 13
self pres= 35
sexual= 40

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
{Social} 21
{Self Pres.} 30
{Sexual} 44

I find it very interesting to see the distance between each variant, quite insightful.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yep. If you would be so kind as to help me figure it out, if I am indeed one more than the other, I would appreciate it.

Well then let me ask you a question: How do you alot your time during the week and what do do you spend most of your time doing?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well then let me ask you a question: How do you alot your time during the week and what do do you spend most of your time doing?
Hm...working part time, listening to music, spending too much time on here, going to a drawing class on Wednesdays and an aerial dance class on Mondays, working out, hanging out with friends if they are free, sometimes cooking, reading. And if I'm in school lots of studying. If I'm not in school, still studying something.

These are things I do, I don't know what you mean by alot my time.

Thanks.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hm...working part time, listening to music, spending too much time on here, going to a drawing class on Wednesdays and an aerial dance class on Mondays, working out, hanging out with friends if they are free, sometimes cooking, reading. And if I'm in school lots of studying. If I'm not in school, still studying something.

These are things I do, I don't know what you mean by alot my time.

Thanks.

Well it seem like the majority of your time is spent catering to self pres needs. This leads me to believe that you are a self preservation dom.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well it seem like the majority of your time is spent catering to self pres needs. This leads me to believe that you are a self preservation dom.
Probably. What would sx look like? Other than the obvious, which I would certainly be doing when the opportunity presented itself...

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So 26
Sp 43
Sx 38

I think I'm sx/sp, though.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Sx - 48
SO - 30
SP - 17

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Doing this again...

Social
1) Generally, I positively associate with the idea of being a part of something larger than myself. Though I may find it either overwhelming, because of my astute awareness of what lies beyond my own interests, or inspiring. I neither positively, nor negatively associate with the idea of being a part of something larger than myself. I can be aware of it at times though, but I don't seek it out. If it is salient enough, it registers for me consciously.
2) I am very aware of the impact my decision will have on others and can be quite attuned to their reactions and needs. I read people well. somewhat aware; attuned to "reactions and needs" does not mean I will necessarily cater to them. But I also don't want to be needlessly cruel, or anything like that.
3) Being recognized or valued by my peers or community, for my contributions, is important to me. It's nice I guess, it's not the most important thing; I can do without it.
4) I tend to have strong opinions on social change and/or social constructs and trends. It depends on what that is about. Usually, I don't care and am not attuned to politics. But as I mentioned earlier, if something is salient enough, if it bothers me enough
5) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also power structures and the nature of bonds between other people. I have a deep understanding of interconnectedness between groups and people who comprise them. In other words, I am good at perceiving the many facets of how a group works within its context and outside of it. I easily pick up on how I fit into the social hierarchy, whether or not I approve of it. I have only recently become somewhat aware of "power structures'; before, I was naive you could say. And only because I see it so much, over the last 3 years, in these personality communities. In other words, I don't seek out this kind of knowledge, but I had no choice but to notice it this time. I can be aware of "nature of bonds between other people" only if I am paying attention to it. My sx narrows down my focus to one specific thing. I can somewhat tell where I might be in "social hierarchy" but honestly, probably not to that high degree of accuracy, since that involves "who is doing what with whom" and I really don't seek out that kind of information. I am content with having few close friends/people I focus on.
6) I am socially aware, but I can also be reserved and socially distant. Somewhat aware; sx often makes me blind to everything else despite having a natural tendency to become aware should I choose to focus on that.
7) If I gravitate towards group (s)/institution (s)/gathering(s)of my choosing, I can be quite involved with championing the values and goals of this grouping. No I don't care about belonging to groups and instituitions.
8) I tend to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance. Not particularly.
9) At my worst I am either strongly conformist or excessively anti-society/counter culture. At my best, my relationships with others are ones of healthy interdependence, and I may be inclined to strong individual leadership or display deep commitment in establishing teamwork and collaboration. I am not that involved, frankly. And I am somewhat bothered by "teamwork" because I think I do better individually; am not exactly a "team player."
10) "no man is an island." Everything is part of an interconnected web, like it or not. Kind of? That's not necessarily true for everyone.

Self Preservation
1) I am acutely aware of my physical safety (though sometimes I will choose to do something dangerous anyway) physical safety? I don't know, maybe not. Not something I focus on.
2) when I go to a party, I immediately notice the temperature, the smells and where the food is where the food is maybe, but that's not even the first thing on my mind. No to everything else.
3) I am very health conscious Not usually; lately some health issues have forced it to be a stronger focus for me.
4) financial/career, physical and/or romantic security are very important to me I used to not care about security, but I am beginning to think this might be good for me.
5) if I have an injury or a health related problem, I typically notice quickly I mean? Wouldn't anyone notice an injury...? Health related problem, again, if it's obvious enough, anyone would? Unless it doesn't have strong symptoms...
6) I tend to save a decent amount of my money nope
7) predictability is important to me. the sooner I can know about things in advance, the better. don't think I focus on this
8) when I'm under stress, things like health, finances, hygiene or other things that I normally stay on top of start to slip, sometimes severely. yeah
9) I'm acutely aware of cause and effect, particularly when the potential consequences are dire. if my friends listened to me more, they'd end up making a lot less stupid mistakes no
10) physical comfort is important to me. I can get distracted by things like uncomfortable seats, high humidity or bodily pain when I'm trying to enjoy time with my friends no; again, if the "bodily pain" is bad enough, anyone can be distracted by that. No to everything else.

Sexual
1) I have an addictive personality I guess you could say so, only just started to notice how I can be "driven by my attractions"
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all" depends?
3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly) I am not socially "loud" by any means so no one tells me that I am too much; however, I have received such comments for instance when I shared my poetry with a class - that is was too much and I should tone it down.
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" and I try to start a conversation with that person I am not entirely sure what this means. Yes, I am drawn to people I personally find interesting and cannot stand more boring or lukewarm...connection.
5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be yes
6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility yes
7) I have strong impulses (particularly with regards to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful I am not sure what you mean by "strong impulses." I am usually completely consumed by relationships or interests, yeah. It's "all the way, everything else in the universe is pretty much obliterated" sort of thing where your attention is completely taken up by this one person.
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead uh, I don't feel old, no. I don't think I have been without "passion" so I don't know how to answer that. Even if I weren't in a relationship, I can find ideas and subjects that I am passionate about.
9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life yes
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not I am actually not that good at telling whether people love me or hate me; on the other hand, people who "love me" may be someone I am close to and get along well with and ....well, I am not focused on anyone or anything else lol. So those who "hate me" might very well conveniently disappear into the background of my unconscious.