• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] Examples of the So/sp Sh*t eating grin

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Provide examples of the Social/self-pres shit eating grin. Here I'll start us off.

url

Joe%2BBiden%2BSmiling.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
LOL this thread is the fuckin truth :laugh:

200px-Flo_from_Progressive_Insurance.jpg

article-0-1197ED06000005DC-644_634x694.jpg

dr_phil_mcgraw1.jpg

images

220px-JimmyKimmelHWOFSept2012.jpg

jay-leno.jpg

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Another great shit eating so/sp grin...

images

[MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION]

This is the definition of shit-eating grin from urbandictionary.com...
shit eating grin
1240 up, 115 down

Sometimes shit-eating grin.

(1) n. A shit eating grin is a very wide and, to the outside observer, stupid looking grin, usually showing smugness, self-satisfaction, or inner humor. The term is most often seen in the expression "Wipe that shit eating grin off your face!", usually said by the aforementioned outside observer. This observer-based definition makes "shit eating grin" the negative counterpart to "You look like the cat who ate the canary." While the two expressions describe the same grin, they have very different connotations. This definition has nothing to do with the term "shit eater".

(2) n. Someone donning a forced smile in an uncomfortable, embarassing, or compromising situation could be said to have a shit eating grin. Because an uncomfortable situation is much more closely related to "eating shit" than smugness, it is plausible to assume that this is the first definition, although far from the most common, and that the above definition is a result of drift from this one.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How does so/sp link to a shit-eating grin?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@Southern Kross The expression... it's like sharing an inside joke with yourself, or something. Friendly enough but self-satisfied, with a connotation of having done something a bit reprehensible (often based in thinking oneself is better than others).

@LeaT It does make me think of how So/Sps are very warm and friendly externally but it's very difficult to get beyond that layer. It's like a reservation of self. It doesn't necessarily make that person condescending but it can create an imbalance when one person opens up extensively and the So/Sp remains warm but doesn't get very personal... almost always a little bit guarded. I don't know that I would take it as far as this expression, but I guess I sort of understand what TGO is getting at. It has something to do with being satisfied in privacy. Further thought: it's like the satisfaction of knowing everything about everyone else but not having them know about you.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread is hilarious!

What are the equivalent expressions for the other types? (TGO? skylights? Bueller?)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
How does so/sp link to a shit-eating grin?

So/sp tends to be the most political type. They have the classic politician smile often times.

What are the equivalent expressions for the other types? (TGO? skylights? Bueller?)

That would take a long time to compose. lol

Here's another so/sp shit eating grin though..

sarah-palin1.jpg

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand this thread. Politican smile? What does that mean? How does one have a politican smile?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

I don't have much time right now, but I'll compose a few more smiles for you.

Sp/sx smile

521446221_1366531119.jpg

so/sx smile

aladdin1.jpg

Sp/so smile

220px-Bill_O%27Reilly_at_the_World_Affairs_Council_of_Philadelphia_(cropped).jpg

sx/sp smile

th_cute-emo-girl.jpg

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Awesome. Now we just need a fancy name for them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So/Sx
niallhoranfacts.jpg

Sp/So
gallery_MARK%20ZUCKERBERG-GALLERY1.jpg

Sx/So
mick-jagger-laughing.jpeg

Sp/Sx
michael-jordan.jpg

Sx/Sp
Uma-Thurman-closeup-wallpaper.jpg

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Awesome. Now we just need a fancy name for them.

lol, I will try to think of some fancy names for them.

But how do tell what's fake or genuine?

lol, if they are politicians their smiles usually are fake. However, in all seriousness the so/sp personalities generally give off a certain energy. They almost always seem socially aware, they generally talk to their audience almost like a promoter, they don't come off as particularly energetic, and they sort of come off as dry. Here's a few examples so you can see what I mean...

Adam Carolla

Vince Vaughn

Mitt Romney

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But how do tell what's fake or genuine?

I don't think it's a matter of real/fake so much as expressions can be used for so many different purposes... They can be reflections of intrapersonal status, comfort/discomfort (probably likely with sp), external indicators (probably likely with so), or intentional messages (probably likely with sx). The politician smiling may not be smiling so much because he is personally happy but because he is trying to engage the sympathy of his constituents, which could be underhanded in a way but is also simply fallout of human nature - of course we will tend to like a more "personable" politician better than a "cold" one. People are more likely to buy something from someone they feel comfortable around, too, hence the "used car salesman" smile. It's fake in the sense of they may not really be excited, but it's genuine in the sense of really wanting to engage others, for whatever reason. Just consider the politician who is having a shitty day and faking smiles, but is fighting for a bill to pass that you are an ardent supporter of. Of course it would be preferable for him to garner support through smiling, for the sake of the bill.