• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts The seduction styles of various enneagram variant combos

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds right for me as well.

I find so/sx adapt a lot. It's like they pick up on what the other person would prefer. They'll pull me out of group, into something smaller or one-on-one, but with someone else they might work the group more. They read dynamics very well. Probably the most manipulative, IMO, in terms of attracting. Sx/so are not covert enough to be as manipulative.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't do either of these things. I would see giving people things as threatening my sp needs. And selling myself would threaten my sense of self preservation too.

I relate to the sx/sp and sp/sx description most though. I can seduce people through a group, but I prefer to do it alone. And I can be intense and creepy and sexy, but I think it's more subtle than I think.

I relate to this

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So how again do you differentiate between sp/sx and sx/sp in your experience?

In terms of seduction style, it's almost impossible. However I can generally differentiate the two by what means the most to them in life and what they strive for the most.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In terms of seduction style, it's almost impossible. However I can generally differentiate the two by what means the most to them in life and what they strive for the most.
Such as? For myself I don't know which is more important, but I always think self preservation is the most important thing- I don't feel I need to have "stuff" or status or anything to achieve that though, just to be alive and healthy with some degree of inner harmony. I'm not materialistic. But I would sacrifice closeness with people to preserve my own needs. Although I would also be selfless with resources in an emergency situation and do without something if I could, if someone I cared about needed it more.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]
Sexual moves to Social The sexual subtype (one on one) will seek the greater world or social arena to find a desired mate. The sexual subtype is normally happy tucked away in a secluded setting with one significant other. However, when alone or in search of a mate, this subtype will behave much more like the social subtype. One must be with others to find ?the other?. Once the mate is selected, the social activity will be replaced by the dominant drive for time spent in union with the other one on one. At first the sexual subtype may spend time with the potential mate in the company of others. They become a pair even in groups. Then when the passion for deeper connection is ignited the sexual subtype will want to bond totally with their desired other. When the mate is determined, the sexual subtype will return to one on one style of relating. Ideally, this is intense time spent with the desired other or mate. An area of pain and disappointment for this subtype is when they have a mate that is unwilling to pay attention to their degree of connection and intimately share their deepest and innermost thoughts.

LOL

wow... I'm really creeped out

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Such as? For myself I don't know which is more important, but I always think self preservation is the most important thing- I don't feel I need to have "stuff" or status or anything to achieve that though, just to be alive and healthy with some degree of inner harmony. I'm not materialistic. But I would sacrifice closeness with people to preserve my own needs. Although I would also be selfless with resources in an emergency situation and do without something if I could, if someone I cared about needed it more.

Well it sounds like you would be Self pres first then because you are much more willing to give up sx needs than you are to give up self pres needs.

You might want to check out Elfboy's new thread on instinctual variant stackings and take the test as well. It may help you to peg your variants a little easier.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/62941-elfboy-s-instinctual-variant-test.html

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well it sounds like you would be Self pres first then because you are much more willing to give up sx needs than you are to give up self pres needs.

You might want to check out Elfboy's new thread on instinctual variant stackings and take the test as well. It may help you to peg your variants a little easier.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/62941-elfboy-s-instinctual-variant-test.html

Thanks for the link. I dunno. I think I fit sx/sp more in many descriptions, but in other ways I'm more the other. Who knows. I'll list some characteristics of myself which fit each if you want to try to figure it out. I'll post it in Elfboy's thread because it's more on topic there.
Edit: Ok, I took the test and got:
so 30
sp 34
sx 34

Unfortunately this is about what I get on every variant test.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks for the link. I dunno. I think I fit sx/sp more in many descriptions, but in other ways I'm more the other. Who knows. I'll list some characteristics of myself which fit each if you want to try to figure it out. I'll post it in Elfboy's thread because it's more on topic there.
Edit: Ok, I took the test and got:
so 30
sp 34
sx 34

Unfortunately this is about what I get on every variant test.

Well, if your variants are that close, then the only other thing that I can do to help you to figure out your variant stacking is to type you by energy. In other words, I will have to look at a video of you, and see what your energy looks like in comparison with other types. So far I believe that we have your core type down to self pres/sexual decadent (self pres with strong sx) or sx/sp wanderer (sx with strong self pres). Now in terms of energy the sp/sx decadent looks a lot like Sharon Stone's character from "Basic Instinct" and can almost look sx/so. On the other hand the sx/sp wanderer looks like a Tim Burton character and can even look sp/so on the outside. Could you post a video of yourself. It really doesn't matter what you say in the video, I just need to see what your energy looks like.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if your variants are that close, then the only other thing that I can do to help you to figure out your variant stacking is to type you by energy. In other words, I will have to look at a video of you, and see what your energy looks like in comparison with other types. So far I believe that we have your core type down to self pres/sexual decadent (self pres with strong sx) or sx/sp wanderer (sx with strong self pres). Now in terms of energy the sp/sx decadent looks a lot like Sharon Stone's character from "Basic Instinct" and can almost look sx/so. On the other hand the sx/sp wanderer looks like a Tim Burton character and can even look sp/so on the outside. Could you post a video of yourself. It really doesn't matter what you say in the video, I just need to see what your energy looks like.

Er...I'm scared. I may some time though. Let me think of a person or character to compare myself to. Could you type me by music?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Er...I'm scared. I may some time though. Let me think of a person or character to compare myself to. Could you type me by music?

Don't be scarred. Just do it. Anyway, no I can't type you by music. Certain variant stackings give off a certain type of energy, and I want to try to match your energy to a variant stacking. Just create a video of you talking about yourself or whatever. It doesn't matter what you say really because I'll just observe your energy overall.

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Type Eight: "I want to taste your intestines."

Haha. That's just the extremely unhealthy version of Eights, such as serial killers. I had to take the opportunity for a joke.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Are you anything like the goth woman from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"? She is a good example of a 6w7 sx/sp with a four and a 9 fix just like yourself.

9s are actually frequently described as earthy and grounded. I don't know, as a core 9, I have a hard time seeing 9 in her, but then again, she's not a core 9. I'll have to think about it, I guess.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Are you anything like the goth woman from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"? She is a good example of a 6w7 sx/sp with a four and a 9 fix just like yourself.
Hm...I don't know, I haven't seen the movie. But the combination you suggested sounds reasonable. I'm not goth though. I only played around with it a bit in my youth.

Burger King

9s are actually frequently described as earthy and grounded. I don't know, as a core 9, I have a hard time seeing 9 in her, but then again, she's not a core 9. I'll have to think about it, I guess.

If you were to guess, then what gut-fix do you see for her?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I completely disagree on Salander being 9-fixed. I would rather suggest her being very clearly 8-fixed. You need to look at her overall motivations and behavior to understand that her actions are in general often very vengeance/lust-driven. There is also an obvious sadistic streak to her where she clearly enjoys taking our vengeance on people.

9s blow up, but when they do, they are passive aggressive about and accusative and paranoid like unhealthy type 6s. 8s though, they assert their boundaries by committing acts of vengeance.

By the way, while I am at it, I would rather pose Salander as a 5w4 core type, sx/sp, with 8w9 and 4w3 as tritype combination, possibly 3w4 for image. It seems to be last for her. I cannot see 6w7 for her as head. I don't see her being security-oriented in her thinking. She has a strong 5-8 presence in her character.

If you were to guess, then what gut-fix do you see for her?

Sometimes the simplest choice really is the best. Her rage and sadism go hand in hand. So yeah, my immediate instinct was 8, and I think I'm going to stick with that.

549?

Just don't see her as the archetypical Contemplative.

Either 548 or 648 would fit better.

5s integrate to 8, which implies healthy behavior, I think. Salander's moments of rage and sadism are very, very far from healthy.

(Much as I hate discussing health levels.)

The core of the series is pathological hatred and the sadism that accompanies it. I think she embodies both very clearly.